It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:18

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.29

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.29

Postby Vecc » 22 Oct 2014, 13:24

Yup, I believe I mentioned that somewhere along the line when updating the booster prices. These Fat Pack prices have been around to be exploited before I made the changes to correct the single booster prices -- it's just more evident now. Since there were no previous Fat Pack entries in the file yet they're still displayed in the Shop, I guess it's getting the value from somewhere else. I've had no insight so far, however. :P

EDIT: In real values, Fat Packs tend to be priced higher than 10x the price of regular packs. For Quest Mode purposes, however, I feel like that would make little since since the availability of material in the shop or "novelty" value aggregated to these produts is not a factor. For that reason, I suppose a x10~ multiplier on regular booster prices would do the trick to fix these values for game purposes.
Vecc

Postby Fizanko » 22 Oct 2014, 14:24

If i look at Tarkir for an example of booster pack price vs fat packs price proportion, i see in starcity
booster pack +/- 4$
booster box +/- 110$ ( contain 36 booster packs )
fat pack +/- 35$ (contain 9 booster packs + 80 lands + irrelevant stuff for Forge)

So we have basically a booster box being booster pack price x27.5
And fat pack being booster pack price x8.75

But that's not happening ingame at least for the far pack (as very oddly on all my travels i didn't noticed a single booster box popping up in spellshops so far in snapshot), and i have trouble to find where the current fat pack completely broken price is defined currently ?

EDIT

It's possible to set the fat pack prices too, as a test to see if it was doing anything, i tried to add
Innistrad Fat Pack =200000
Dark Ascension Fat Pack =120000
Avacyn Restored Fat Pack =150000
to your booster-prices.txt as a test, then travelled to Innistrad world and noticed those silly prices are given to those corresponding fat packs.
So adding the entires
setname Fat Pack =price
should work, now to check which sets have a fat pack existing.

EDIT 2 : looking there
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Fat_pack
older fat pack had much less booster in them, so i guess the x8.75 can't apply as it would then just make those older fat packs completely unattractice in comparison to buying individual boosters (that are already very expensive when old)
Then some of those old while having much less booster in them had a tournament pack too, that's making it difficult to balance pricing as fat packs should always be an advantage in comparison to buying the same number of booster boxes
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby drdev » 22 Oct 2014, 15:08

excessum wrote:Just a minor nitpick with the new library display: is there a need to show the entire library when it is selected?

It is kind of wasteful to paint all 30+ card backs when the only relevant one is usually the top card(s). The morph token image is somehow linked to the card back image so it is quite irritating to see a large number of morph images when I only want to see/play the top card.
I'm planning to separate out the card back and morph images so that you won't see a special morph token for hidden cards. I'm also planning to make a special reveal zone window that automatically opens when one or more cards are revealed, which can be minimized but not closed. That way you'll be able to see just the revealed card without viewing the entire library.

Will that solve your concerns?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 22 Oct 2014, 15:15

This should help for the fat pack pricing, add this to the booster price text file
Only thing missing is the actual prices, as i am not sure how you proceeded to setup your booster pack prices, so i don't know what to put there
fat pack entries | Open
Mercadian Masques Fat Pack =
Nemesis Fat Pack =
Prophecy Fat Pack =
Invasion Fat Pack =
Planeshift Fat Pack =
Apocalypse Fat Pack =
Odyssey Fat Pack =
Torment Fat Pack =
Judgement Fat Pack =
Onslaught Fat Pack =
Legions Fat Pack =
Scourge Fat Pack =
Mirrodin Fat Pack =
Darksteel Fat Pack =
Fifth Dawn Fat Pack =
Champions of Kamigawa Fat Pack =
Betrayers of Kamigawa Fat Pack =
Saviors of Kamigawa Fat Pack =
Ninth Edition Fat Pack =
Ravnica: City of Guilds Fat Pack =
Guildpact Fat Pack =
Dissension Fat Pack =
Coldsnap Fat Pack =
Time Spiral Fat Pack =
Planar Chaos Fat Pack =
Future Sight Fat Pack =
Tenth Edition Fat Pack =
Lorwyn Fat Pack =
Morningtide Fat Pack =
Shadowmoor Fat Pack =
Eventide Fat Pack =
Shards of Alara Fat Pack =
Conflux Fat Pack =
Alara Reborn Fat Pack =
Magic 2010 Fat Pack =
Zendikar Fat Pack =
Worldwake Fat Pack =
Rise of the Eldrazi Fat Pack =
Magic 2011 Fat Pack =
Scars of Mirrodin Fat Pack =
Mirrodin Besieged Fat Pack =
New Phyrexia Fat Pack =
Magic 2012 Fat Pack =
Innistrad Fat Pack =
Dark Ascension Fat Pack =
Avacyn Restored Fat Pack =
Return to Ravnica Fat Pack =
Gatecrash Fat Pack =
Dragon's Maze Fat Pack =
Theros Fat Pack =
Born of the Gods Fat Pack =
Journey into Nyx Fat Pack =
Magic 2015 Fat Pack =

(i just hope i didn't made a typo in the set names)
Curious i noticed there was no fat pack for magic 2013 and magic 2014, at least on
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Fat_pack
Last edited by Fizanko on 22 Oct 2014, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Vecc » 22 Oct 2014, 15:17

Very difficult indeed. Same goes for booster boxes actually since many older booster boxes had less booster packs in them, and Forge seems to acknowledge that. However, I can't find the file that would "tell" Forge about how many boosters should go in a fat pack, or which sets have Fat Packs & which sets have Tournament Packs, etc.

These things are very, very difficult to balance within Forge when taking into consideration RL prices, which take into account factors that are non-factors in Forge. I think maybe a formulae like this could be "fair": taking into account the price of a regular booster price, then multiplying it by the number of rares in the new "product" (for example, 9 in Fat Packs, 2 in Tournament Packs and 1x for each booster in a Booster Box), and finally multiplying it by a value that would make prices for larger products more attractive (maybe .90 for Fat Packs, .85 for Booster Boxes or something like that).

OR this could be done manually and keeping Forge in close relation to RL prices. From my experience, however, this can be very troublesome for older products and some prices wouldn't really make sense in the game.
Vecc

Postby Vecc » 22 Oct 2014, 15:19

SCG seems to be the most comprehensive and reasonable source for these values; it's majorly where I took the booster prices from. http://sales.starcitygames.com/category ... a&cat=5126

However, like I said, older & more complex products can be troublesome.

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't tackle inputting new prices for Fat Packs right now, and seeing as the Beta goes online today, either 1) if someone else can do it, the new Beta can have all the "standard" new prices based on RL prices (which can be problematic, seeing as some older Fat Packs are priced higher than "9x booster" for example) 2) keep the old prices for this release, after all we've been using them for a while.

Either way, I think a standard formulae in the future could be in best interest.
Last edited by Vecc on 22 Oct 2014, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Vecc

Postby friarsol » 22 Oct 2014, 15:23

Vecc wrote:Very difficult indeed. Same goes for booster boxes actually since many older booster boxes had less booster packs in them, and Forge seems to acknowledge that. However, I can't find the file that would "tell" Forge about how many boosters should go in a fat pack, or which sets have Fat Packs & which sets have Tournament Packs, etc.
res/blockdata/<name>.txt
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby excessum » 22 Oct 2014, 16:07

drdev wrote:I'm planning to separate out the card back and morph images so that you won't see a special morph token for hidden cards. I'm also planning to make a special reveal zone window that automatically opens when one or more cards are revealed, which can be minimized but not closed. That way you'll be able to see just the revealed card without viewing the entire library.

Will that solve your concerns?
As a player, I only expect to see the number of cards left in my library plus whatever revealed cards are available. Is there really a need to show a bunch of hidden cards to the player (unless someone intends to count them manually...)?

Having a separate window for revealed cards as you described is a feature of a *certain* mainstream client so I am not sure if that is a good idea... A simple display like the current text based windows or displaying only the revealed cards when the library is selected is probably sufficient.
excessum

Postby Fizanko » 22 Oct 2014, 16:36

Vecc wrote:SCG seems to be the most comprehensive and reasonable source for these values; it's majorly where I took the booster prices from. http://sales.starcitygames.com/category ... a&cat=5126
I see what you did , i'll try to come with fat pack prices using your method using this :
http://sales.starcitygames.com/category ... a&cat=5126

It can just be added in the booster price text file
testrealprice | Open
Mercadian Masques Fat Pack =17500
Nemesis Fat Pack =8000
Prophecy Fat Pack =13000
Invasion Fat Pack =12000
Planeshift Fat Pack =15000
Apocalypse Fat Pack =12000
Odyssey Fat Pack =10000
Torment Fat Pack =8000
Judgement Fat Pack =15000
Onslaught Fat Pack =40000
Legions Fat Pack =18000
Scourge Fat Pack =15000
Mirrodin Fat Pack =25000
Darksteel Fat Pack =12000
Fifth Dawn Fat Pack =10000
Champions of Kamigawa Fat Pack =12000
Betrayers of Kamigawa Fat Pack =8000
Saviors of Kamigawa Fat Pack =5000
Ninth Edition Fat Pack =15000
Ravnica: City of Guilds Fat Pack =25000
Guildpact Fat Pack =15000
Dissension Fat Pack =10000
Coldsnap Fat Pack =12000
Time Spiral Fat Pack =15000
Planar Chaos Fat Pack =15000
Future Sight Fat Pack =20000
Tenth Edition Fat Pack =15000
Lorwyn Fat Pack =20000
Morningtide Fat Pack =15000
Shadowmoor Fat Pack =20000
Eventide Fat Pack =12000
Shards of Alara Fat Pack =13000
Conflux Fat Pack =15000
Alara Reborn Fat Pack =12000
Magic 2010 Fat Pack =15000
Zendikar Fat Pack =30000
Worldwake Fat Pack =25000
Rise of the Eldrazi Fat Pack =15000
Magic 2011 Fat Pack =4000
Scars of Mirrodin Fat Pack =5000
Mirrodin Besieged Fat Pack =6000
New Phyrexia Fat Pack =8000
Magic 2012 Fat Pack =4000
Innistrad Fat Pack =10000
Dark Ascension Fat Pack =5000
Avacyn Restored Fat Pack =10000
Return to Ravnica Fat Pack =5600
Gatecrash Fat Pack =6000
Dragon's Maze Fat Pack =3000
Theros Fat Pack =5000
Born of the Gods Fat Pack =4000
Journey into Nyx Fat Pack =4000
Magic 2015 Fat Pack =3500
Magic 2013 Fat Pack =4000
Magic 2014 Fat Pack =4000

i added M13 and M14 that starcity listed, despite MTGsalvation didn't.
Note : those are just the fat pack real price converted to Forge price, they're not adjusted at all considering what is inside.

And there will be a real need to adjust, so please no inclusion/commit of this for the coming release, would make some fat pack too overpriced in comparison to some single boosters

EDIT : oops forgot Khan of Tarkir
Khans of Tarkir Fat Pack =3500
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 22 Oct 2014, 16:47

Today's beta attempt ended in another one of those FTP errors.

Code: Select all
[INFO] Command sent: PASV
[INFO]
[INFO] Reply received: 227 Entering Passive Mode (174,34,254,123,39,239)
[INFO]
[INFO] Command sent: STOR frame-sourcefiles-forge.util.storage.html
[INFO]
[INFO] Reply received: 150 Accepted data connection
[INFO]
[INFO] Reply received: 226-File successfully transferred
[INFO] 226 0.019 seconds (measured here), 83.55 Kbytes per second
[INFO]
[INFO] completed = /Users/me/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/checkout/forge-core/target/site/cobertura/frame-sourcefiles-forge.util.storage.html
[INFO] processing = /Users/me/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/checkout/forge-core/target/site/cobertura/frame-sourcefiles.html as frame-sourcefiles.html
[INFO] Command sent: PASV
[INFO]
[INFO] Reply received: 227 Entering Passive Mode (174,34,254,123,30,151)
[INFO]
[INFO] Command sent: STOR frame-sourcefiles.html
[INFO]
[INFO] ftp://ftp.cardforge.org/site/ - Session: Disconnecting 
[INFO] ftp://ftp.cardforge.org/site/ - Session: Disconnected
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Parent ...................................... SUCCESS [3:41.855s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Core ........................................ FAILURE [3:35.392s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Game ........................................ SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge AI .......................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Net ......................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Gui ......................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge ............................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] [INFO] Total time: 7:18.315s
[INFO] [INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 22 12:10:35 EDT 2014
[INFO] [INFO] Final Memory: 55M/384M
[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:deploy (default-deploy) on project forge-core: Error uploading site: IOException caught while attempting to upload /Users/me/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN/target/checkout/forge-core/target/site/cobertura/frame-sourcefiles.html: Read timed out -> [Help 1]
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[INFO] [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[INFO] [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[INFO] [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :forge-core
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Forge Parent ...................................... FAILURE [12:16.244s]
[INFO] Forge Core ........................................ SUCCESS [1:31.820s]
[INFO] Forge Game ........................................ SUCCESS [4:10.501s]
[INFO] Forge AI .......................................... SUCCESS [2:07.226s]
[INFO] Forge Net ......................................... SUCCESS [26.799s]
[INFO] Forge Gui ......................................... SUCCESS [2:15.837s]
[INFO] Forge ............................................. SUCCESS [7:11.310s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 31:04.347s
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 22 12:10:35 EDT 2014
[INFO] Final Memory: 60M/551M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5:perform (default-cli) on project forge: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1' -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
logout

[Process completed]

Attachments
log.txt.zip
(114.08 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner