It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:04

Text Size

Fate Reforged Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Fate Reforged Spoiler Season

Postby Kapoue » 14 Jan 2015, 16:50

friarsol wrote:Looks like Fate Reforged is up on Gatherer. Probably about time to merge the branch back into the trunk, so everyone can start testing the cards that have been committed.
Only 57 cards have been commited thus far. Since Marek and me did the bulk of the cards (mostly Marek though) and we don't have commit privileges, they are still waiting to be commited.
Kapoue

Postby Marek14 » 14 Jan 2015, 22:19

Official rules are up:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-01-14

Ethereal Ambush rulings seem important.
Marek14
Tester

Postby torridus » 14 Jan 2015, 23:39

torridus wrote:
swordshine wrote:
torridus wrote:It's been a while since I've put together a card for Forge, so I wanted to see if this was correct before testing (and I may not have adequate time for testing but it's hard to say).

Archfiend of Depravity (FRF #62) | Open
Code: Select all
Name:Archfiend of Depravity
ManaCost:3 B B
Types:Creature Demon
PT:5/4
K:Flying
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ Opponent | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigChoose | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of each opponent's end step, that player chooses up to two creature he or she controls and sacrifices the rest.
SVar:TrigChoose:AB$ ChooseCard | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | Amount$ 2 | Choices$ Creature | ChoiceTitle$ Choose up to two creatures | SubAbility$ DBSacrificeAll | RememberChosen$ True
SVar:DBSacrificeAll:DB$ SacrificeAll | ValidCards$ Creature.IsNotRemembered | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/archfiend_of_depravity.jpg
Oracle:Flying\nAt the beginning of each opponent's end step, that player chooses up to two creature he or she controls and sacrifices the rest.
This script need a parameter "TargetControls$ True" in ChooseCardEffect, otherwise that opponent may choose creatures among all creatures on the battlefield.
Like this? I don't think I've seen a "TargetControls$" modifier before. (Tried playtesting but Forge wouldn't let me a play a game with the card.)

Code: Select all
SVar:TrigChoose:AB$ ChooseCard | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | TargetControls$ True | Amount$ 2 | Choices$ Creature | ChoiceTitle$ Choose up to two creatures | SubAbility$ DBSacrificeAll | RememberChosen$ True
I just want to quickly point out that I'm still unclear about what to do with this card. For some reason I'm still unable to test the card in Forge, so doing variations to see what works isn't currently an option for me.
torridus

Postby swordshine » 15 Jan 2015, 12:45

torridus wrote:I just want to quickly point out that I'm still unclear about what to do with this card. For some reason I'm still unable to test the card in Forge, so doing variations to see what works isn't currently an option for me.
I committed that card several days ago.(r28547)
Kapoue wrote:Only 57 cards have been commited thus far. Since Marek and me did the bulk of the cards (mostly Marek though) and we don't have commit privileges, they are still waiting to be commited.
Could someone give them commit privileges? Most scripts are good and I'm too busy to commit all the remaining cards. The oracle texts are not necessary at this point because they could be generated automatically using a python script (oracleScript.py) after updating magic data.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 15 Jan 2015, 13:21

swordshine wrote:Could someone give them commit privileges? Most scripts are good and I'm too busy to commit all the remaining cards. The oracle texts are not necessary at this point because they could be generated automatically using a python script (oracleScript.py) after updating magic data.
Sure added.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 15 Jan 2015, 14:21

Thanks for the privileges, though I must say though that I'm really not 100% sure how to use them. Do I need any specific software?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2015, 17:06

Marek14 wrote:Thanks for the privileges, though I must say though that I'm really not 100% sure how to use them. Do I need any specific software?
You need a program that will allow you to work with Subversion (SVN) repositories. Personally I'm handling this from the same development environment I'm using to code in Java (NetBeans, and Eclipse can do it as well), but if you don't have that up, I think any modern SVN client should do (e.g. TortoiseSVN or whatever it's called). You may want to read a tutorial about checking out a SVN repository (= downloading it to your PC) and then committing the changes you made to the SVN repository (= uploading them to our SVN repository). Ideally you'll want to read a tutorial (or watch a video, etc.) related to the specific program you decide to use.
There's also this informative page related to setting up a full-fledged Forge development environment (I think it's geared towards using Eclipse; setting up NetBeans is similar and even easier): http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge ... Subversion

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 15 Jan 2015, 17:17

Hm, I have Tortoise.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2015, 17:23

Marek14 wrote:Hm, I have Tortoise.
Yep, that should do great!
E.g. check this out: http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/Tor ... ommit.html

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby torridus » 16 Jan 2015, 00:31

swordshine wrote:
torridus wrote:I just want to quickly point out that I'm still unclear about what to do with this card. For some reason I'm still unable to test the card in Forge, so doing variations to see what works isn't currently an option for me.
I committed that card several days ago.(r28547)
Just wanted to make sure it wasn't committed as an incomplete version. If it was fixed, thanks :D
torridus

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 04:53

Not sure if I will find time to acknowledge myself with the Forge SVN repository this weekend because of prerelease and stuff.

Oracle update is up at http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-01-15. Functional changes:

Modification to Atalya, Samite Master, Crimson Hellkite and Crypt Rats, changing requirement to pay mana of specific color to activate the ability into paying mana of specific color to pay {X}.
Adding "nontoken" restriction to condition on Beasts of Bogardan.
Daru Stinger loses the creature type "Human" because it gave unfair boost with amplify.
Creature type "Anteater" is removed; Prowling Pangolin is just Beast now.
Renegade Warlord's creature type is changed to Human Soldier (from Human Warrior)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 16 Jan 2015, 05:11

Marek14 wrote:Not sure if I will find time to acknowledge myself with the Forge SVN repository this weekend because of prerelease and stuff.
If you want, you can upload your submissions in a zip file somewhere and link it to me (here or via PM) and I'll commit them to SVN for you.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 05:57

Well, to be honest I only composed them in the posts here -- I don't have them actually archived...
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 16 Jan 2015, 06:07

Do you happen to have a list of which ones are still awaiting submission to SVN?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 06:15

Well, I haven't tried to figure out the SVN yet, but I put my name to everything I did in the Forge Upcoming list.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner