It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:11

Text Size

development environment setup issues

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

development environment setup issues

Postby christoph » 01 Feb 2015, 13:58

Hi together,

I really think mtg forge is an awesome piece of software and I really would like to participate in its development.
So, I just worked through the wiki how-to setting up the eclipse environment. Actually it looks quite good, but im having two issues:

- If i click run as on the forge project it doesn't give me the option "run as java application" as it says in the how-to.
- Also the "go to declaration" feature (f3) fails with : "Problems opening an editor: Reason forge-TRUNK does not exist"

Does anyone know a solution for these problems? That would be highly appreciated.
Also i would like to know what's the best way to get into the card scripting meta language? The wiki article doesn't really clear it up for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christoph
christoph

Re: development environment setup issues

Postby drdev » 01 Feb 2015, 14:07

You need to run Main.java in forge-gui-desktop as a Java Application. To run the mobile app, you can run Main.java in forge-gui-mobile-dev as a Java Application. Setting up Run Configurations in advance helps, since just clicking the Run or Debug buttons works off of whatever module is associated with the currently active file, which will often be neither of these modules.

Hope that helps.
drdev
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner