It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:02

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.38

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.38

Postby Xitax » 16 Apr 2015, 21:56

I've always disliked the command panel. If there's a better way than I'm all for it.
Xitax

Postby KrazyTheFox » 19 Apr 2015, 22:31

I just found and fixed a long-standing bug that's been annoying me forever. It involves cards/packs/decks/boxes/etc being removed from the shop one more time than it should be, resulting in fewer of these items being available in the shop than there should be.

Here's the problem: I can't get the mobile dev module to run, so I can't test this to make sure this change hasn't broken things there.

I've removed this.qa.getShopList().remove(card, qty); (or similar) from buyCard(), buyPack(), and buyPrecon() in QuestUtilCards. The items are then removed once, and in the correct quantity, at the end of sell() in QuestSpellShop.

If someone could make sure the cards are still able to be purchased correctly in the mobile version, I'd appreciate it.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 29 Apr 2015, 08:20

I've looked a bit into relaxing the constraints on quest preferences. They're actually hard-coded, so they might be quite hard for non-devs to change. I've changed them into the following (locally, not committed yet):
  • STARTING_POOL_COLOR_BIAS: between 1 and 10, unchanged
  • ITEM_LEVEL_RESTRICTION: 0 or 1, unchanged
  • BOOSTER_COMMONS/BOOSTER_UNCOMMONS/BOOSTER_RARES: each must be >= 0, and total must be no greater than 15. Maybe we can even remove this constraint and just require them to be >= 0? Or is there a programming-related reason for this constraint?
  • SHOP_MAX_PACKS, SHOP_MAX_SELLING_PRICE, SHOP_WINS_FOR_ADDITIONAL_PACK, WINS_NEW_DRAFT, WINS_ROTATE_DRAFT, WINS_UNLOCK_SET: >= 1. These number are all used as a denominator in some calculation, so they can't be 0.
  • All others: >= 0. Maybe some of these may not be 0?

If someone with a little more affinity for the quest code can take a look at this I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I think removing all these constraints allows for a much greater diversity in quest settings :)

PS: Maybe we can do a release again soon? Is there any way to get it working? Btw, IMO we could increase the version number to 1.6, with the addition of online play :)
elcnesh

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 Apr 2015, 22:27

elcnesh wrote:Maybe we can do a release again soon? Is there any way to get it working?
I'm guessing that a new web host would fix the problems we've been having alongside some pom cleanup. I've been shopping around for web hosts, but few are cheap with lots of storage space (or they come with horrible bandwidth restrictions). With the size of Forge, we'd need a lot. If anyone knows of a good web host that'll let us store a bunch of data, I'd be happy to pitch in a bit every month to cover the costs.

I think the only thing you're missing as far as quest prefs go is that "Wins for (X):" should be tested at 0, then bumped to 1 if that breaks things. The draft settings should not be below 1, at least.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 30 Apr 2015, 02:33

I am wondering, could the musics be made as some kind of optional download ?

It could solve a bit of the webspace problem, as for the same space it would allow to store a lot more Forge builds because the music are in total for +/- 38mb (uncompressed, i have not tested how much whatever compression formats can do on them) and having them in every Forge build will in the end takes considerable space on the host server.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby KrazyTheFox » 30 Apr 2015, 02:52

With the recent reports of quest saves getting corrupted on save, I've committed a change that now creates a backup of quest files before saving them. Only one backup will be kept and that will be overwritten the next time the quest is saved. This should keep people from completely losing quests. They're in the same location as the regular quest save except with a ".bak" extension.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Salasnet » 30 Apr 2015, 12:34

I think I posted this bug report in the wrong thread:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16978&start=120#p177991

My apologies if somebody already has fixed this.
Salasnet

Postby KrazyTheFox » 02 May 2015, 15:58

I've just pulled the trigger on a VPS and domain (cardforge.link). Pretty soon I'll be taking a look at rewriting the poms and fixing up the release process to deploy to this new server. It has unlimited bandwidth and 30GB of storage space which should be good enough for a while.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 02 May 2015, 17:44

Wow, awesome! If you want to share some of the expenses I'm more than happy to contribute ;)
elcnesh

Postby KrazyTheFox » 02 May 2015, 18:45

elcnesh wrote:Wow, awesome! If you want to share some of the expenses I'm more than happy to contribute ;)
I would love to split the costs. Right now it's $15/mo for the VPS and $9/year for the domain. I'll get in contact with you once I've determined that this will work as I expect it to. :P

Before that happens, though, I'm right in the middle of rewriting the starting pool generation for quests. I'd like to finish that up before anything else. It'll let you be highly specific with your starting pool: Image

That'll also have the side-effect of making sense of the Color Bias option that nobody seems to understand.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 04 May 2015, 16:29

KrazyTheFox wrote:
elcnesh wrote:Wow, awesome! If you want to share some of the expenses I'm more than happy to contribute ;)
I would love to split the costs. Right now it's $15/mo for the VPS and $9/year for the domain. I'll get in contact with you once I've determined that this will work as I expect it to. :P
I'm also willing to contribute.

KrazyTheFox wrote:Before that happens, though, I'm right in the middle of rewriting the starting pool generation for quests. I'd like to finish that up before anything else. It'll let you be highly specific with your starting pool
I have one request for this (not sure if others agree): make the card selection the same as with a fat pack or booster box (or in the real world): now you always end up with a set of unique cards, and I would appreciate the extra variance in being able to end up with duplicate copies of cards.
serrasmurf

Postby KrazyTheFox » 04 May 2015, 17:22

serrasmurf wrote:I'm also willing to contribute.
Awesome! I'll get in touch with you and elcnesh in the next few days regarding that.

serrasmurf wrote:I have one request for this (not sure if others agree): make the card selection the same as with a fat pack or booster box (or in the real world): now you always end up with a set of unique cards, and I would appreciate the extra variance in being able to end up with duplicate copies of cards.
You mean when you open up packs from the spell shop? I'm at work and can't look up how those work at the moment. If I'm understanding you correctly, a fat pack or booster box will give you no duplicates across all your packs (I'll get 36 unique rares)? If so, that's something I can look into fixing. It sounds like a bug to me.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 04 May 2015, 18:04

KrazyTheFox wrote:
serrasmurf wrote:I have one request for this (not sure if others agree): make the card selection the same as with a fat pack or booster box (or in the real world): now you always end up with a set of unique cards, and I would appreciate the extra variance in being able to end up with duplicate copies of cards.
You mean when you open up packs from the spell shop? I'm at work and can't look up how those work at the moment. If I'm understanding you correctly, a fat pack or booster box will give you no duplicates across all your packs (I'll get 36 unique rares)? If so, that's something I can look into fixing. It sounds like a bug to me.
I think he's talking about the initial pool.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby serrasmurf » 04 May 2015, 18:19

Exactly, fat packs and the like are fine, but initial pools currently never have duplicates
serrasmurf

Postby friarsol » 04 May 2015, 18:31

The main issue with allowing duplicates is in some circumstances there isn't very many options (typically gold cards) so for example, for each loop of a starting pool generation, you get 1 of each color, .5 of colorless, and .25 of multicolor. (The actual generation might be slightly off). If you are supposed to get 8 rare multicolor cards and the player limits their starting pool in such a way that only 1 card is available. You'll just get 8 copies of that card. In the current system, repeats are excluded from being added into the pool (I think by retrying X amount of times if the card randomly grabbed is already in the pool). If there aren't any cards available, it just skips the requirement and keeps going to fill up the pool.

I'd be fine with an option being added called "Starting Pool Duplicates" which defaults to 1, where players can change this number to whatever positive integer they want. That way people like serrasmurf can get multiples of things, but you also don't fill your starting pool with 8 of the same card.
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner