It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:33

Text Size

Magic Origins Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Origins Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 21 Jul 2015, 19:06

Marek14 wrote:Reading that article, I can't help but feel that the author got it wrong. This is decidedly not wording of a delayed trigger! Note that the article is from 28th June, before full spoiler and release notes (which are silent on this).
Yea this is the first I saw it mentioned being a delayed trigger, and it certainly didn't feel like it was worded as one). I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. If it's not actually a delayed trigger, we'll probably need to add some code to better support it. Since there's also the whole awkward unmanifesting a Kytheon during Combat Damage and still getting the trigger.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jul 2015, 19:17

Well, currently we must already have a check for Raid (did you declare at least one attacker this turn?) and checks for "Did certain creature attack this turn/combat?" for things like Berserk and Clockwork Avian. So the attacker values should be available somewhere.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 21 Jul 2015, 19:35

Marek14 wrote:Well, currently we must already have a check for Raid (did you declare at least one attacker this turn?) and checks for "Did certain creature attack this turn/combat?" for things like Berserk and Clockwork Avian. So the attacker values should be available somewhere.
Well we do have "attackedThisCombat" property that stores in Card.getDamageHistory() unfortunately I'm not at my codebase, so I can't tell if that passes the "added attacking" condition that cards like Alesha and Brimaz present.

Edit: Oh that's what you used already it looks like. So I'm guessing the problem is the LKI lookup of dead creatures then.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jul 2015, 20:02

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Well, currently we must already have a check for Raid (did you declare at least one attacker this turn?) and checks for "Did certain creature attack this turn/combat?" for things like Berserk and Clockwork Avian. So the attacker values should be available somewhere.
Well we do have "attackedThisCombat" property that stores in Card.getDamageHistory() unfortunately I'm not at my codebase, so I can't tell if that passes the "added attacking" condition that cards like Alesha and Brimaz present.

Edit: Oh that's what you used already it looks like. So I'm guessing the problem is the LKI lookup of dead creatures then.
What I used? Kytheon isn't mine...
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 21 Jul 2015, 20:33

Marek14 wrote:What I used? Kytheon isn't mine...
The proverbial you, as in whoever wrote it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jul 2015, 20:48

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:What I used? Kytheon isn't mine...
The proverbial you, as in whoever wrote it.
Ah :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Xitax » 18 Aug 2015, 05:34

Now that we have scans, here are the new tokens.

Looks like some card scripts need Tokenaltimages$ for the other Thopter token.
Attachments
New_ORI_tokens.zip
(573 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Xitax

Postby vanderleest » 04 Sep 2015, 12:36

Admittedly I have not read much of these forums, so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I wanted to mess with a pyromancer's goggles deck but knew that asking for a single card to be fixed was a faux pas, so set about making it work myself. I have added the code that I'm using, which isnt perfect but lets me play with it enough that I just have to avoid the cheating it allows.

I wasn't sure where the SpellDescription was suppose to go, so listed it twice. I used Mox Ruby, Cloven Casting, Boseju, who shelters all, and Mirari to find templates and similar functions. In my limited testing it seems to function correctly except it has the same flaws that Generator Servant has, in that as long as the servant was sacrificed the colorless mana does not need to be used in order to AddKeywords$ Haste. The goggles will fire off a second copy as long as it's on the board, which I assume has something to do with Mirari's SpellCast$ copy effect. I'm sure there must be a better way to accomplish but thought I'd let the experts pick it up if they cared to. This flaw does allow for suspended spells, such as rift bolt, to copy when it is cast the following turn.

Forums forced me to remove the url for picture, due to new account.

Code: Select all
Name:Pyromancer's Goggles
ManaCost:5
Types:Legendary Artifact
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ R | SpellDescription$ T: Add {R} to your mana pool. When that mana is spent to cast a red instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Instant.Red,Sorcery.Red | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | Execute$ TrigCopy | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | SpellDescription$ T: Add {R}to your mana pool. When that mana is spent to cast a red instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
SVar:TrigCopy:AB$ CopySpellAbility | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredSpellAbility
SVar:Picture:
Oracle:
vanderleest

Postby Marek14 » 04 Sep 2015, 15:54

vanderleest: Does that code really have any connection between production of mana and copying of a spell? Won't it just copy any red instant/sorcery you cast, regardless on whether you used the mana from Pyromancer's Goggles on it?
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner