It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:14

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.42 or 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.5.42 or 1.6.0

Postby Chris H. » 20 Jul 2015, 22:33

Tentative target release date: July 31 2015.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.5.42 or 1.6.0

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Jul 2015, 01:19

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the card prices in on time. I've just committed the url change for that so it'll be in the next release. I've also added images for all of the Origins cards except the 16 extras that don't appear in boosters (and weren't given spoiler images).
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 29 Jul 2015, 15:03

Looks like there's a lot of bugfixes for the Origins cards already fixed for Friday. Not sure what the state of Network play is, so I'd still recommend staying on the 1.5 track unless that's pretty polished.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 29 Jul 2015, 17:24

friarsol wrote:Looks like there's a lot of bugfixes for the Origins cards already fixed for Friday. Not sure what the state of Network play is, so I'd still recommend staying on the 1.5 track unless that's pretty polished.
Network play is mostly working on desktop and broken on Android right now. That said, I wouldn't say it's stable enough to be strongly advertised with a major release bump. Best we wait.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 31 Jul 2015, 20:08

My attempt to perform a beta build and deploy ended in a failure. This time it stopped early on and there was no deploy to the cardforge site.

Code: Select all
[INFO] [INFO] --- maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) @ forge-gui-mobile ---
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Parent ....................................... SUCCESS [  4.273 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Core ......................................... SUCCESS [  8.984 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Game ......................................... SUCCESS [ 12.458 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge AI ........................................... SUCCESS [  6.487 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Gui .......................................... SUCCESS [  9.413 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge .............................................. SUCCESS [02:19 min]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Mobile ....................................... FAILURE [  7.560 s]
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Mobile Dev ................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge Android ...................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] Forge iOS .......................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] [INFO] Total time: 03:09 min
[INFO] [INFO] Finished at: 2015-07-31T15:58:53-04:00
[INFO] [INFO] Final Memory: 45M/161M
[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on project forge-gui-mobile: Deployment failed: repository element was not specified in the POM inside distributionManagement element or in -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::layout::url parameter -> [Help 1]
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[INFO] [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[INFO] [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[INFO] [ERROR]
[INFO] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[INFO] [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :forge-gui-mobile
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Skipping Forge Parent
[INFO] This project has been banned from the build due to previous failures.
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Forge Parent ....................................... FAILURE [06:53 min]
[INFO] Forge Core ......................................... SUCCESS [  3.304 s]
[INFO] Forge Game ......................................... SUCCESS [  3.339 s]
[INFO] Forge AI ........................................... SUCCESS [  0.878 s]
[INFO] Forge Gui .......................................... SUCCESS [  1.718 s]
[INFO] Forge .............................................. SUCCESS [01:46 min]
[INFO] Forge Mobile ....................................... SUCCESS [  3.111 s]
[INFO] Forge Mobile Dev ................................... SUCCESS [  0.338 s]
[INFO] Forge Android ...................................... SUCCESS [  0.477 s]
[INFO] Forge iOS .......................................... SUCCESS [  0.205 s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 09:26 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-07-31T15:58:53-04:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 47M/173M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5:perform (default-cli) on project forge: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1' -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
logout

[Process completed]

Attachments
log.txt.zip
(21.72 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 31 Jul 2015, 21:09

Not sure why this keeps failing. I'll hopefully be home in a few hours and will look into it then.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 00:36

KrazyTheFox wrote:Not sure why this keeps failing. I'll hopefully be home in a few hours and will look into it then.

Looks like the mobile modules did not import when I first imported the forge project into Eclipse?

Attachments
Screen Shot.png
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Aug 2015, 15:36

Chris H. wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Not sure why this keeps failing. I'll hopefully be home in a few hours and will look into it then.

Looks like the mobile modules did not import when I first imported the forge project into Eclipse?

I'm fairly sure that Maven shouldn't care about what Eclipse has imported. I've committed a change to the poms that might fix the build failures, but I'm not 100% sure. Try the release again and if it fails I can remove the modules for now and investigate the issues further over the next 2 weeks. You could also try cloning the repository again without importing it into Eclipse and just running the Maven release commands and see if that works if you'd like.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 17:29

I updated to the head version via Eclipse.

I then issued the Maven build and deploy command via a shell script. I noticed some errors while viewing the log in the terminal app.

At first "Building Forge 1.5.42-SNAPSHOT" appears to be OK.

Then later on "Building Forge Parent 1.5.42-SNAPSHOT" I noticed some warnings. There may be a problem with the tags at svn.slightlymagic.net.

At this point further build actions in the log appear to reference version 1.5.41 rather than 1.5.42.

It looks like http://www.cardforge.link/releases/forg ... op/1.5.41/ still includes the the proper release files. The files in this dir now have the date set to:

01-Aug-2015 16:46

Attachments
log.txt.zip
(21.7 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Aug 2015, 19:08

For whatever reason, your Maven is checking out and deploying 1.5.41 and not at all creating/tagging 1.5.42. There's nothing in your logs to indicate why this is happening. I was just able to perform a release, but could not deploy for a different reason (SVN server returned an invalid response). What's the exact command you're running?

Edit: Try running the following to do a checkout and deploy:
svn --username svnUsername --password svnPassword --no-auth-cache --non-interactive checkout http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/tags/forge-1.5.42 checkoutFolder
Then change into that folder (checkoutFolder) and run:
mvn -P windows-linux,osx deploy
This should deploy a 1.5.42 release build without issues. I've done this exactly, but without the osx portion on my machine.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 20:56

KrazyTheFox wrote:For whatever reason, your Maven is checking out and deploying 1.5.41 and not at all creating/tagging 1.5.42. There's nothing in your logs to indicate why this is happening. I was just able to perform a release, but could not deploy for a different reason (SVN server returned an invalid response). What's the exact command you're running?

mvn -U -B clean -P windows-linux,osx clean install release:prepare release:perform deploy

It turns out that I do not need to include the username/password combo as this data is included in the Keychain Access app that is included in the Mac OS X operating system.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 21:06

KrazyTheFox wrote:Edit: Try running the following to do a checkout and deploy:
svn --username svnUsername --password svnPassword --no-auth-cache --non-interactive checkout http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/tags/forge-1.5.42 checkoutFolder

OK, I now have the checkoutFolder located in my user folder. I did not include the username/password combo as this data is included in the Keychain Access app that is included in the Mac OS X operating system.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 01 Aug 2015, 21:08

Ah, I see what's going on now. It's picking up on the 1.5.41 release files already being present for some reason ("Release preparation already completed. You can now continue with release:perform, or start again using the -Dresume=false flag"). I would add a release:clean before release:prepare the next time you're ready to perform a release to make sure there's no leftover release files. It seems this particular problem is the fault of release.properties sticking around. The command should look like this afterward:
mvn -U -B -P windows-linux,osx clean install release:clean release:prepare release:perform deploy

From inside that checkoutFolder, run your standard snapshot command and you should find the 1.5.42 release files on the server once it's done.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 21:13

KrazyTheFox wrote:Then change into that folder (checkoutFolder) and run:
mvn -P windows-linux,osx deploy
This should deploy a 1.5.42 release build without issues. I've done this exactly, but without the osx portion on my machine.

This worked. We now have 1.5.42 deployed! :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 01 Aug 2015, 21:18

KrazyTheFox wrote:Ah, I see what's going on now. It's picking up on the 1.5.41 release files already being present for some reason ("Release preparation already completed. You can now continue with release:perform, or start again using the -Dresume=false flag"). I would add a release:clean before release:prepare the next time you're ready to perform a release to make sure there's no leftover release files. It seems this particular problem is the fault of release.properties sticking around. The command should look like this afterward:
mvn -U -B -P windows-linux,osx clean install release:clean release:prepare release:perform deploy

From inside that checkoutFolder, run your standard snapshot command and you should find the 1.5.42 release files on the server once it's done.

Thank you, I have changed the Maven goal that is in my beta build and deploy shell script. Will check it out in a couple of weeks.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Developer's Corner