It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:25

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.45 or 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.5.45 or 1.6.0

Postby Chris H. » 28 Aug 2015, 18:05

Tentative target release date: September 11 2015.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.5.45 or 1.6.0

Postby drdev » 29 Aug 2015, 14:21

KrazyTheFox wrote:Apologies for not getting to the net decks downloads. My family returned from overseas on very short notice. As a result I've had to purchase a car since they wanted theirs back and am moving to my own apartment so I can take in the cat (who is currently rather miserable in a hotel room). I should be able to get around to uploading the net decks to a permanent location within the next week or so.
Will you be able to create a permanent location for the achievement trophy images too? Also, as there's been a recent influx of skins being created, it might be nice to make a location for downloading them from within the app. That way we could reduce the size of the install by only packaging the default skin and maybe a few other popular ones and having the rest be downloadable.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Stealthygolem » 30 Aug 2015, 18:14

Will there be any improvements for the network play? :)
Stealthygolem

Postby drdev » 30 Aug 2015, 23:52

Stealthygolem wrote:Will there be any improvements for the network play? :)
Network play has proven a beast to get right, and the main developer who was working on it hasn't been around recently. I had tried to pick it up and get it working, but after making a little headway I ultimately got a bit burnt out on it. I'm really more of a UI guy anyway, and I prefer to spend my time on Forge working on improving the Android app or desktop UI.
drdev
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 31 Aug 2015, 00:02

drdev wrote:Will you be able to create a permanent location for the achievement trophy images too? Also, as there's been a recent influx of skins being created, it might be nice to make a location for downloading them from within the app. That way we could reduce the size of the install by only packaging the default skin and maybe a few other popular ones and having the rest be downloadable.
I can definitely do that. The achievements soonest and I'll look into the skins after I move. On the subject of reducing the size of our packages, a rather large portion of the download size is the music. I'd like to separate that out into its own download, but I'm not sure how to handle that properly, given that it's probably intended that the music be available from the first launch of the game. Any thoughts here?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby drdev » 31 Aug 2015, 01:14

KrazyTheFox wrote:
drdev wrote:Will you be able to create a permanent location for the achievement trophy images too? Also, as there's been a recent influx of skins being created, it might be nice to make a location for downloading them from within the app. That way we could reduce the size of the install by only packaging the default skin and maybe a few other popular ones and having the rest be downloadable.
I can definitely do that. The achievements soonest and I'll look into the skins after I move. On the subject of reducing the size of our packages, a rather large portion of the download size is the music. I'd like to separate that out into its own download, but I'm not sure how to handle that properly, given that it's probably intended that the music be available from the first launch of the game. Any thoughts here?
I think a place for music would be good if only for those who've found or created other good music. We can always trim down from the current 4 menu and 4 match tracks to just 1 or 2 and make the others downloadable. Not sure which 1 or 2 should be the packaged ones though.

Also, when creating a place for the skins and music, could we organize it so that each contributor gets their own folder? Particularly for skins, I think that would be a nice nod to those who've created several skins themselves.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 10 Sep 2015, 07:07

r29978: I added two new keyboard shortcuts (Y and N by default) that can be used to quickly set up an auto yield without having to use the mouse. "Y" enables auto yield for the current ability on stack and also, if applicable, sets "Always Yes". "N" enables auto yield for the current ability on stack and also, if applicable, sets "Always No". Testing is welcome. Also, what do you think - do we need the third shortcut that would enable auto yield but that would not set Always Yes/No at the same time? It seemed to me like it's not really needed (because if one really wants to automate the process to a certain degree then he's also likely to want to respond either Yes or No to an optional trigger at least for a while), but I don't know... if it's needed, then what should be a good default for it? "P" for [P]rompt user?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 10 Sep 2015, 10:06

hm is there a way to make the managain from Xenagos better?
like if you have 20 creatures you need to choice 20 times between red and green
cant you guys use some scrollbars or spinctrls for that?
Hanmac

Postby KrazyTheFox » 11 Sep 2015, 03:41

I've uploaded the net decks to http://downloads.cardforge.link/decks/ and pointed the URLs in the net decks file to them.
I've also added content downloaders for the achievement images to both the desktop and Android projects. I think I'm missing a few images, though that could simply be due to not having images for some achievements.

I'm still getting settled into my new place (moving is tough work!) and will look into making skins downloadable for the release after tomorrow's.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 11 Sep 2015, 04:06

KrazyTheFox wrote:I've uploaded the net decks to http://downloads.cardforge.link/decks/ and pointed the URLs in the net decks file to them.
I've also added content downloaders for the achievement images to both the desktop and Android projects. I think I'm missing a few images, though that could simply be due to not having images for some achievements.

I'm still getting settled into my new place (moving is tough work!) and will look into making skins downloadable for the release after tomorrow's.
All of these are really good ideas! :) I know I had to quickly rig some "placeholder" achievement images for the newer planeswalkers, let me know if you're interested (they're simple cropped parts from the cards made to fit the achievement trophy format, nothing fancy).
Also, I'm getting a compilation error as of r29985 saying that it's not possible to find the symbol GuiDownloadAchievementImages, looks like you forgot to commit the new source file for this downloader... ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 11 Sep 2015, 12:39

Agetian wrote:All of these are really good ideas! :) I know I had to quickly rig some "placeholder" achievement images for the newer planeswalkers, let me know if you're interested (they're simple cropped parts from the cards made to fit the achievement trophy format, nothing fancy).
Also, I'm getting a compilation error as of r29985 saying that it's not possible to find the symbol GuiDownloadAchievementImages, looks like you forgot to commit the new source file for this downloader... ;)
Whoooooops. It seems that IntelliJ decided not to automatically add files to my version control as it's supposed to. Just committed the two missing files.

I'm very busy over the next few days with unpacking and company events, so if you have the time I'd really appreciate images for the planeswalkers. I can get you FTP access later today after work if you don't have it already. :)
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 11 Sep 2015, 18:12

Sure thing, an FTP access would be handy! Feel free to note me the details once you find some time to create an account for me :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Sep 2015, 01:55

Good news. The slight delay in the release gave me time to finish implementing Advanced Search for the desktop version. Here's an idea of what it looks like:

DesktopAdvancedSearch.PNG
drdev
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner