It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:37

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.48 or 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.48 or 1.6.0

Postby friarsol » 11 Jan 2016, 23:20

wallacethehero wrote:Will the new commanders be included in the next update? I have been chomping at the bit to get them in here and start practicing with different strategies (like many others i am sure).
Yep. According to my records, we have 98.17% of that edition completed, we're missing the following cards.

Dawnbreak Reclaimer
Ezuri's Predation
Grasp of Fate
Mirror Match
Mizzix's Mastery
Synthetic Destiny

Depending on when Krazy gets around to a release, we might have OGW cards available too.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 12 Jan 2016, 05:14

With Oath of the Gatewatch the draft structure is apparently changed again (2 boosters of the second set / 1 booster of the first set). I guess that would need to be integrated into the Quest mode eventually (to Draft Tournament generation). Is there any other place in code where this would be relevant? (custom booster drafts can probably be already set up this way because IIRC you can do any combination you want there, though I haven't checked to confirm yet).

EDIT: This was implemented in r30675.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby wallacethehero » 23 Jan 2016, 20:02

Any update on a possible ETA on 1.5.48 or 1.6.0?

thanks in advance.
wallacethehero

Postby KrazyTheFox » 26 Jan 2016, 04:06

This was something I wanted to do this weekend, but my internet was knocked out by the snow from Friday evening onward. I'll be trying to do a release sometime this week.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Shadowzeny » 26 Jan 2016, 04:59

Just poking the current snap shot and I do say very well done KrazyTheFox, the added feature of downloading card images automatically when viewing the card itself is nice but can this be disabled? For people with less than ideal net connections this is a problem ((mainly those with mobile net and what not. ))
Shadowzeny

Postby daydreamdirty » 27 Jan 2016, 03:09

Well either way, thank you all for working on this as I'm a huge fan of this and will support this. Wish I could do what you guys do but I just don't have the talent for programming sadly. Best I can do is report bugs if and when they show up.
daydreamdirty

Postby KrazyTheFox » 27 Jan 2016, 03:24

Shadowzeny wrote:Just poking the current snap shot and I do say very well done KrazyTheFox, the added feature of downloading card images automatically when viewing the card itself is nice but can this be disabled? For people with less than ideal net connections this is a problem ((mainly those with mobile net and what not. ))
I'm afraid I can't take credit for this one. It also looks like it's been made opt-in in the latest snapshot. Give that one a try!
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Shadowzeny » 27 Jan 2016, 07:08

Done and done but the game crashes when trying to view images, might be just me, gives no error report ether, over all, I likes. :)
Shadowzeny

Postby KrazyTheFox » 27 Jan 2016, 23:35

I'm trying another release now. Hopefully this one will work!

Edit: Success! I'll be pushing a new build in a minute with a (hopefully) correct changelog. I've recently switched to a Colemak layout, so it'll be a little bit to type these up. If someone could help me out with identifying all the changes in this version, I'd appreciate it.

Does this look right?
Code: Select all
Forge Beta: 01-27-2016 ver 1.5.48

15165 (?) cards in total.

-------------
Release Notes
-------------

- New Oath of the Gatewatch and Commander 2015 cards -
The latest sets are now available in Forge! Hold tight while we sort out any missing card or product images.

- Live Card Image Fetcher -
Forge can now automatically download missing card art while you play. This is disabled by default, so head on over to the Preferences section to try it out!

------------
Known Issues
------------

- Oath of the Gatewatch and Commander 2015 -
Forge now includes many new cards. It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- The Mac OS application version -
We can now package Forge as a Mac OS application. You can double click the Forge.app icon to launch the forge application on your Apple computer running Mac OS. This application will automatically increase the java heap space memory for you as it launches. This version does not require the forge.command file and it does not need to start the Terminal application as part of the start up process.

The Mac OS X app version apparently requires the Mavericks OS and is not compatible with earlier OS X versions. People with earlier OS X versions should use the Windows and Linux version and launch forge on their Mac by double clicking on the included "forge.command" file.

There is a known issue with Kodama of the Center Tree: its Soulshift X ability used to crash Forge, and until a proper fix can be implemented, a temporary fix was introduced which prevents the crash but makes the Soulshift X ability work incorrectly in certain cases (in particular, it doesn't work correctly with mass removal, and it may have issues when Kodama of the Center Tree is controlled by someone else other than its owner). In the basic cases (such as Kodama of the Center Tree being destroyed in combat or with a direct damage spell) should work correctly. Hopefully one of the developers will be able to implement a better and proper fix for this card soon.

There is a known issue with the cost reduction for cards that have color-locked X in their mana cost (e.g. Drain Life, Soul Burn). Cost reduction will not apply correctly to these cards if the amount by which the cost is reduced is greater than the amount of colorless mana in the mana cost specified on the card (e.g. 1 for Drain Life, 2 for Soul Burn). Fixing this issue likely requires rewriting the way announced color-locked X is interpreted and paid (most likely it has to be represented with colorless mana shards but still locked to the colors required by the card).

Several people have noticed that the cards displayed on the battlefield will fail to be displayed when the number of cards on the battlefield increases. Maximizing the human panel can help to re-display the cards.

Some time was spent turning the static ETB triggers into the proper ETB replacement effects they should be, mainly to interact correctly with each other. This work is not yet finished. As a result there is currently some inconsistencies with "Enters the battlefield with counters" (Not incredibly noticeable).

A recent contribution to the code base should fix some of the bugs that people noticed with cloning type abilities. At this time there is one remaining issue that we hope will be addressed in the near future:
Copies of cards that setup Zone Change triggers via addComesIntoPlayCommand and addLeavesPlayCommand will not function correctly.

The Forge archive includes a readme.txt file and we ask that you spend a few minutes reading this file as it contains some information that may prove useful. We do tend to update this file at times and you should quickly read this file and look for new information for each and every new release. Thank you.

The archive format used for the Forge distribution is ".tar.bz2". There are utilities for Windows, Mac OS and the various *nix's that can be used to extract/decompress these ".tar.bz2" archives. We recommend that you extract/decompress the Forge archive into a new and unused folder.

Some people use the Windows application 7zip. This utility can be found at http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Mac users can double click on the archive and the application Archive Utility will launch and extract the archive. Mac users do not need to download a separate utility.

----------------------------
Contributors to This Release
----------------------------

Agetian
DrDev
excessum
Gos
KrazyTheFox
Myrd
Sloth
Sol
Swordshine
tjtillman
tojammot

(Quest icons used created by Teekatas, from his Legendora set http://raindropmemory.deviantart.com)
(Thanks to the MAGE team for permission to use their targeting arrows.)
(Thanks to http://www.freesound.org/browse/ for providing some sound files.)

end
Last edited by KrazyTheFox on 28 Jan 2016, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2016, 00:51

Biggest thing I did was changing the mana system to handle Colorless-Generic mana split.

I scrolled through the last two months of changes, and most of the things are bugfixes, new cards, and Android work (aside from what you've already listed).
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 28 Jan 2016, 02:09

Thanks; I'll revert the release soon and update the changelog before doing another release.

Before I do, I'm having an issue at the moment with quest starting pools. I can't get any quest to start with basic lands. Can someone else reproduce this or is it just me?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2016, 02:30

KrazyTheFox wrote:Thanks; I'll revert the release soon and update the changelog before doing another release.

Before I do, I'm having an issue at the moment with quest starting pools. I can't get any quest to start with basic lands. Can someone else reproduce this or is it just me?
Quests haven't started with basic lands for a little while. Instead you get free basics that only exist in the essence of your deck. There's a "Add Basic Lands" button in the quest deck editor.

Oh also, according to my records: "15393" is the amount of distinct cards. I think its right, but I Haven't checked to verify yet.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 28 Jan 2016, 02:41

friarsol wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Thanks; I'll revert the release soon and update the changelog before doing another release.

Quests haven't started with basic lands for a little while. Instead you get free basics that only exist in the essence of your deck. There's a "Add Basic Lands" button in the quest deck editor.

Oh also, according to my records: "15393" is the amount of distinct cards. I think its right, but I Haven't checked to verify yet.
Oh, wow. Yeah, I've been away from Forge for too long. I remember loving that feature. :oops:
Going back, the lack of Wastes in the basic lands menu threw me off. They appeared in the regular collection instead. These should probably be added.

I'll go prepare the things now.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 28 Jan 2016, 08:54

Are there any new cards apart from C15/OGW? I think that C15, OGW and potential other cards should each have their own section -- or that there should be clearly said which cards from C15/OGW are NOT implemented at this time; their number is low enough that it's the more relevant information for players.

Also, could I be added to the contributors? :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2016, 13:53

Marek14 wrote:Are there any new cards apart from C15/OGW? I think that C15, OGW and potential other cards should each have their own section -- or that there should be clearly said which cards from C15/OGW are NOT implemented at this time; their number is low enough that it's the more relevant information for players.

Also, could I be added to the contributors? :)
Marek should definitely be on the contributors list.

Remaining OGW cards:
Missing (1):
Remorseless Punishment
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner