It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:38

Text Size

Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 18 Nov 2015, 20:35

Ok, it's not really spoiler season, but some major spoilers for Oath just came out, and appear to be legit..

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/16 ... -gatewatch

Sooo a new mana type. We can have a bit of discussion. Hopefully we get word about what the mana type is called, but we should be able to just choose a temporary representation, and then make the switch when we have the info.

I'll start with some suggestions -
"Uncolored" (as opposed to colorless)
"Eldrazi"
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 19 Nov 2015, 08:40

Well, there are currently two main theories: either this is a completely new mana type or this is just colorless mana getting its own symbol (which will result in templating change of cards that produce colorless mana).

There's not much point adding it until we're sure. I'd point out, though, that a few months ago, Wizards changed the text representation of Planechase "chaos" symbol from {C} to {CHAOS}, suggesting that they might intend to introduce {C} as a colorless mana symbol.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 11 Dec 2015, 17:55

Looks like there's some official word from the mothership. The new diamond notation is for Colorless mana, that is officially shortened as {C}. Luckily the way the Mana Effect is setup, we should be straight replacing "Produced$ 1" with "Produced$ C" which my quick search shows up in... 319 cards? Oracle and SpellDescriptions would also need to be updated, along with the engine pieces that parse for Colorless mana. There may be some other stragglers that get other oracle fixes like Pygmy Hippo which would add X colorless mana, not add {X}.

Although hopefully this will simplify things long term for us.. not sure how the AI will be affected yet.. Sloth any thoughts?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 11 Dec 2015, 18:19

MTGSalvation found 318 cards, so the result seems legit. Descriptions will need update, yeah.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Sloth » 11 Dec 2015, 22:20

friarsol wrote:.. not sure how the AI will be affected yet.. Sloth any thoughts?
I don't really know. The auto-pay-mana-guys rewrote most of the mana payment ai. My first guess is, that it shouldn't be too tricky a change.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 12 Dec 2015, 16:40

i did something for you guys

Code: Select all
Name:Mina and Denn, Wildborn
ManaCost: 2 R G
Types:Legendary Creature Elf Ally
PT:4/4
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ You | AddKeyword$ AdjustLandPlays:1 | Description$ You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ R G Return<1/Land> | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | KW$ Trample | SpellDescription$ Target creature gains trample until end of turn.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/mina_and_denn_wildborn.jpg
Oracle:You may play an additional land during each of your turns.\n{R}{G}, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Target creature gains trample until end of turn.
Source: http://mythicspoiler.com/ogw/cards/minaanddennwildborn.html

i combine Exploration with Floodbringer and Bant Battlemage

PS: also checkout http://mythicspoiler.com/ogw/cards/crushoftentacles.html it has new alternate cost "Surge"
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 14 Dec 2015, 02:21

Can someone add the colorless mana symbol into the sprites?

Someone made a nice one here: http://i.imgur.com/tYSKYC7.png
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 16 Dec 2015, 19:40

i try something again, but its not tested yet

Name:Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
ManaCost:W B
Types:Legendary Creature Kor Cleric
PT:2/3
K:Deathtouch

A:AB$ GainLife | Cost$ 1 Sac<1/Creature.Other/another creature> | Defined$ You | LifeAmount$ Toughness | References$ Toughness | SpellDescription$ You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.

A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 1 W B Sac<1/Creature.Other/another creature> | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ GEY | References$ X,Y | ValidTgts$ Permanent.nonLand | TgtPrompt$ Select target nonland permanent | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile | SpellDescription$ Exile target nonland permanent.

SVar:Toughness:Sacrificed$CardToughness
SVar:X:Count$YourLifeTotal
SVar:Y:Count$YourStartingLife/Plus.10

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ayli_eternal_pilgrim.jpg
Oracle:Deathtouch\n{1}, Sacrifice another creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.\n{1}{W}{B}, Sacrifice another creature: Exile target nonland permanent. Activate this ability only if you have at least 10 more life than your starting life total.
Source: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/16 ... -gatewatch

for the first effect i did combine: Disciple of Griselbrand with Cartel Aristocrat
and for the second effect i did combine: Chalice of Life/Chalice of Death with Triad of Fates
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 19 Dec 2015, 06:16

i did even more stuff, but they are not tested yet.
Source: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/16 ... -gatewatch
Name:Corrupted Crossroads
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ C | SpellDescription$ Add {C} to your mana pool.
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T PayLife<1> | Produced$ Any | Amount$ 1 | RestrictValid$ withDevoid | SpellDescription$ Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast a spell with devoid.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/corrupted_crossroads.jpg
Oracle:{T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.\n{T}, Pay 1 life: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast a spell with devoid.
First an Eldrazi like land. its like Ally Encampment + Mana Confluence.
i did use C in the mana, i hope that is correct.

Name:Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
ManaCost:1 G G
Types:Planeswalker Nissa
Loyalty:3

A:AB$ Token | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenImage$ g 0 1 plant | TokenName$ Plant | TokenColors$ Green | TokenTypes$ Creature,Plant | TokenPower$ 0 | TokenToughness$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.

A:AB$ PutCounterAll | Cost$ SubCounter<2/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.

A:AB$ GainLife | Cost$ SubCounter<7/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | LifeAmount$ X | References$ X | SubAbility$ DBDraw | SpellDescription$ You gain X life and you draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ X | References$ X

SVar:X:Count$Valid Land.YouCtrl

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/nissa_voice_of_zendikar.jpg
Oracle:[+1] Put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.\n[-2] Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.\n[-7] You gain X life and you draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
Nissa with +1/+1 counter. i use Gavony Township and Disciple of Bolas for it.

Name:Chandra, Flamecaller
ManaCost:4 R R
Types:Planeswalker Chandra
Loyalty:4

A:AB$ Token | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenImage$ r 3 1 elemental | TokenName$ Elemental | TokenColors$ Red | TokenTypes$ Creature,Elemental | TokenKeywords$ Haste | RememberTokens$ True | SubAbility$ DelTrig | TokenPower$ 3 | TokenToughness$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Put two 3/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.

A:AB$ Discard | Cost$ AddCounter<0/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Defined$ You | Mode$ Hand | RememberDiscarded$ True | SubAbility$ DBDraw | SpellDescription$ Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards plus one.

A:AB$DamageAll | Cost$ SubCounter<X/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | ValidTgts$ Creature ValidDescription$ each creature. | NumDmg$ ChosenX | Planeswalker$ True | References$ X | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals X damage to each creature.

SVar:DelTrig:DB$ DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End Of Turn | Execute$ DelExile | RememberObjects$ Remembered | TriggerDescription$ Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step. | SubAbility$ DelCleanup | AILogic$ Always
SVar:DelExile:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ DelayTriggerRemembered | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile

SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ XDraw | Defined$ You | References$ XDraw | SubAbility$ DelCleanup

SVar:DelCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True

SVar:XDraw:Remembered$Amount.Plus.1
SVar:X:XChoice

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/chandra_flamecaller.jpg
Oracle:[+1] Put two 3/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.\n[-0] Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards plus one.\n[-X] Chandra, Flamecaller deals X damage to each creature.
Chandra with Tokens, part of it does come from Elemental Mastery, some of it from Dark Deal, the damage part from Chandra Nalaar.

:!: INFO: this card does need help, because it does have two different spells that does use ClearRemembered, while planeswalker skills is not so problematic, but if they can be used more than once each turn, it might get fucked up -.-

Name:Sphinx of the Final Word
ManaCost:5 U U
Types:Creature Sphinx
PT:5/5
K:Flying
K:Hexproof
K:CARDNAME can't be countered.
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Instant.YouCtrl,Sorcery.YouCtrl | AddHiddenKeyword$ CARDNAME can't be countered. | AffectedZone$ Stack | Description$ Instant and sorcery spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/sphinx_of_the_final_word.jpg
Oracle:Sphinx of the Final Word can't be countered.\n Flying, hexproof\n Instant and sorcery spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Sphinx like a blue Root Sliver
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 19 Dec 2015, 07:39

I'd suggest adding a TokenImage code to Nissa and Chandra, so they will produce the right kind of tokens.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 19 Dec 2015, 14:05

Hanmac wrote: :!: INFO: this card does need help, because it does have two different spells that does use ClearRemembered, while planeswalker skills is not so problematic, but if they can be used more than once each turn, it might get fucked up -.-
Any particular reason why you think that? Each of the abilities (should) clear as part of the resolution of the ability. They don't actually try to remember the cards discarded, or the tokens put in play for long-term.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 19 Dec 2015, 18:01

@Marek14: hm my code does have TokenImage, or did you mean something else?

@friarsol:
the card is not tested yet, but my problem which might happen:
activate the first skill of Chandra, get the tokens.
activate The Chain Veil.
then activate the second skill of Chandra to discard your hand. (also ClearRemembered did happen)

at the end of turn, when the triggered ability does want to remove that tokens, but might not find them because "ClearRemembered" was already run from the second ability.

===
i don't know if that is the real case, but that might happen and i currently don't know how to fix that.

PS: i will do more cards if i can today and tomorrow if Marek14 is okay with it ;P (i don't want to steal your job *g)
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 19 Dec 2015, 19:56

No problem if you want to code more :) As for TokenImage, you should add the set code at the end -- this allows to select the properly named file. The code you use contains just the default name, which would be used even if the TokenImage code was missing.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 28 Dec 2015, 16:31

OK, the spoilers have officially started and we now know the mechanics.

Colorless mana: a fully functional C symbol is needed. Many cards will need errata.

Cohort - no new functionality needed:

Name:Munda's Vanguard
ManaCost:4 W
Types:Creature Kor Knight Ally
PT:3/3
A:AB$ PutCounterAll | Cost$ T tapXType<1/Ally> | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/mundas_vanguard.jpg
Oracle:Cohort - {T}, Tap an untapped Ally you control: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Support -- new keyword action. The article and the reminder text on cards differ in whether you have to target creatures you control or not -- I presume you can target any creatures. Support N means "Put a +1/+1 counter on up to N other target creatures." A creature with support can't target itself, number of targets is from 0 to N.

Surge -- new alternate cost keyword, also needs checks for whether a spell is cast through surge, like prowl.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 28 Dec 2015, 17:26

Note: I refrain from writing cards that generate or include colorless mana for now.

Name:Sphinx of the Final Word
ManaCost:5 U U
Types:Creature Sphinx
PT:5/5
K:CARDNAME can't be countered.
K:Flying
K:Hexproof
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Instant.YouCtrl,Sorcery.YouCtrl | AddHiddenKeyword$ CARDNAME can't be countered. | AffectedZone$ Stack | Description$ Instant and sorcery spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/sphinx_of_the_final_word.jpg
Oracle:Sphinx of the Final Word can't be countered.\nFlying, hexproof\nInstant and sorcery spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Name:Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
ManaCost:2 B B
Types:Legendary Creature Vampire Warrior
PT:3/4
K:Lifelink
R:Event$ Moved | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Creature.nonToken+OppCtrl | ReplaceWith$ Exile | Description$ If a nontoken creature an opponent controls would die, instead exile that card and put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
SVar:Exile:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile | SubAbility$ DBToken | Defined$ ReplacedCard
SVar:DBToken:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Zombie | TokenTypes$ Creature,Zombie | TokenColors$ Black | TokenPower$ 2 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenOwner$ You | TokenImage$ b 2 2 zombie OGW
A:AB$ PutCounter | Cost$ 2 B Sac<1/Vampire.Other;Zombie.Other/another Vampire or Zombie> | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 2 | SpellDescription$ Put two +1/+1 counters on CARDNAME.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/kalitas_traitor_of_ghet.jpg
Oracle:Lifelink\nIf a nontoken creature an opponent controls would die, instead exile that card and put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.\n{2}{B}, Sacrifice another Vampire or Zombie: Put two +1/+1 counters on Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet.
Name:Chandra, Flamecaller
ManaCost:4 R R
Types:Planeswalker Chandra
Loyalty:4
A:AB$ Token | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenName$ Elemental | TokenTypes$ Creature,Elemental | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Red | TokenPower$ 3 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenImage$ r 3 1 elemental OGW | TokenKeywords$ Haste | RememberTokens$ True | SubAbility$ DelTrig | TokenSVars$ ChandraEOT | SpellDescription$ Put two 3/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
SVar:DelTrig:DB$ DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End Of Turn | Execute$ Exile | RememberObjects$ Remembered | TriggerDescription$ Exile the tokens at the beginning of the next end step. | SubAbility$ Cleanup1 | AILogic$ Always
SVar:Exile:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ DelayTriggerRemembered | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile
SVar:Cleanup1:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:ChandraEOT:SVar:EndOfTurnLeavePlay:True
A:AB$ Discard | Cost$ AddCounter<0/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Defined$ You | Mode$ Hand | RememberDiscarded$ True | SubAbility$ DBDraw | SpellDescription$ Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards plus one.
SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ X | Defined$ You | SubAbility$ Cleanup2 | SpellDescription$ Draw that many cards | References$ X
SVar:Cleanup2:DB$Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:X:Remembered$Amount/Plus.1
A:AB$ DamageAll | Cost$ SubCounter<X/LOYALTY> | NumDmg$ ChosenX | References$ X | ValidCards$ Creature | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | ValidDescription$ each creature. | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals X damage to each creature.
SVar:X:XChoice
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/chandra_flamecaller.jpg
Oracle:[+1] Put two 3/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.\n[0] Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards plus one.\n[-X] Chandra, Flamecaller deals X damage to each creature.
Name:Goblin Dark-Dwellers
ManaCost:3 R R
Types:Creature Goblin
PT:4/4
K:Menace
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may cast target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 0 | TgtZone$ Graveyard | Instant.YouCtrl+cmcLE3,Sorcery.YouCtrl+cmcLE3 | TgtPrompt$ Choose target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard |KW$ HIDDEN If CARDNAME would be put into a graveyard, exile it instead. | PumpZone$ Graveyard | SubAbility$ TrigPlay
SVar:TrigPlay:DB$ Play | Defined$ Targeted
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/goblin_dark_dwellers.jpg
Oracle:Menace\nWhen Goblin Dark-Dwellers enters the battlefield, you may cast target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
(I used Toshiro Umezawa as template, but I don't see anything to mark optional effect on that card. Is it assumed somewhere?)

Name:Kozilek's Return
ManaCost:2 R
Types:Instant
K:Devoid
A:SP$ DamageAll | Cost$ 2 R | NumDmg$ 2 | ValidCards$ Creature | ValidDescription$ each creature. | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 2 damage to each creature.
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Creature.Eldrazi+cmcGE7 | TriggerZones$ Graveyard | OptionalDecider$ You | Execute$ TrigExile | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast an Eldrazi creature spell with converted mana cost 7 or greater, you may exile CARDNAME from your graveyard. If you do, CARDNAME deals 5 damage to each creature.
SVar:TrigExile:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Exile | Defined$ TriggeredCard | SubAbility$ DBDamageAll
SVar:DBDamageAll:AB$ DamageAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature | NumDmg$ 5 | ValidDescription$ each creature.
SVar:DiscardMe:2
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/kozileks_return.jpg
Oracle:Devoid (This card has no color.)\nKozilek's Return deals 2 damage to each creature.\nWhenever you cast an Eldrazi creature spell with converted mana cost 7 or greater, you may exile Kozilek's Return from your graveyard. If you do, Kozilek's Return deals 5 damage to each creature.
(I used code from Academy Rector, not sure if this will properly invalidate the card if it's impossible to exile it. Also not sure what's the correct value for DiscardMe variable here.)

Name:Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
ManaCost:1 G G
Types:Planeswalker Nissa
Loyalty:3
A:AB$ Token | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Plant | TokenTypes$ Creature,Plant | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 0 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenImage$ g 0 1 plant OGW | SpellDescription$ Put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.
A:AB$ PutCounterAll | Cost$ SubCounter<2/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
A:AB$ GainLife | Cost$ SubCounter<7/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | LifeAmount$ X | References$ X | SubAbility$ DBDraw | SpellDescription$ You gain X life and you draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ X | References$ X
SVar:X:Count$Valid Land.YouCtrl
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/nissa_voice_of_zendikar.jpg
Oracle:[+1] Put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.\n[-2] Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.\n[-7] You gain X life and you draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
(I used Garruk, Primal Hunter here and noticed that it has no "References$ Y" in its last ability. Is that correct?)

Name:Jori En, Ruin Diver
ManaCost:1 U R
Types:Legendary Creature Merfolk Wizard
PT:2/3
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDraw | CheckSVar$ YouCastThisTurn | SVarCompare$ EQ2 | NoResolvingCheck$ True | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, draw a card.
SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ 1
SVar:YouCastThisTurn:Count$ThisTurnCast_Card.YouCtrl
SVar:BuffedBy:Card
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/jori_en_ruin_diver.jpg
Oracle:Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, draw a card.
Last edited by Marek14 on 05 Jan 2016, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Marek14
Tester

Next

Return to Developer's Corner