It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:18

Text Size

Eldritch Moon Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Eldritch Moon Spoiler Season

Postby matrix4767 » 11 Jul 2016, 15:25

mlssufan02 wrote:hello, I'm having trouble figuring out how to install edm on mtgforge, there are so many posts. Is there a link I can copy and paste with the import data function, or some other method? any help is appreciated
You can test any card's code by posting the code in a text file, then dragging that file in the cardsfolder zip, i.e soul_separator (text files for cards are written that way) in cardsfolder's "s" category. It works for me, at least.
You'll also need a custom edition text file for Forge to recognize what set the card is from and load its image, which would come from the set folder not yet existing, though it's optional.
Some mechanics are still missing, so if you try to make a card that uses one, it probably won't work.
Lastly, I don't think it's polite to do this, but I noticed some bugs in advance, so I figured why not report what's wrong.

Right, Liliana, the Last Hope's ultimate will resolve, but it won't give you any Zombies, whether you have any or not.
matrix4767

Postby Hanmac » 11 Jul 2016, 20:55

Code: Select all
Name:Identity Thief
ManaCost:2 U U
Types:Creature Shapeshifter
PT:0/3

T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigExile | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | OptionalDecider$ You  | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, you may exile another target nontoken creature. If you do, CARDNAME becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner’s control at the beginning of the next end step.

SVar:TrigExile:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature.nonToken+Other | TgtPrompt$ Select another target nontoken creature | Mandatory$ True | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile | RememberLKI$ True | Imprint$ True | SubAbility$ DelTrig

SVar:DelTrig:DB$DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | Execute$ TrigBounce | TriggerDescription$ Return exiled permanent to the battlefield. | RememberObjects$ Imprinted | SubAbility$ DBClone

SVar:TrigBounce:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Exile | Destination$ Battlefield | Defined$ DelayTriggerRemembered

SVar:DBClone:DB$Clone | Defined$ RememberedLKI | CloneTarget$ Self | Duration$ UntilEndOfTurn

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/identity_thief.jpg
Oracle:Whenever Identity Thief attacks, you may exile another target nontoken creature. If you do, Identity Thief becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner’s control at the beginning of the next end step.
add Identity Thief i tested it with Ulrich and Thief can copy a Night side Ulrich.

i needed Imprint, so Remember is for LKI only. (or better way?)
DelayedTrigger need to be before Clone, because it does cleanup,
whats why it doesn't need DBCleanup, right?

===
Name:Liliana, the Last Hope
ManaCost:1 B B
Types:Planeswalker Liliana
Loyalty:3

A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | NumAtt$ -2 | NumDef$ -1 | IsCurse$ True | UntilYourNextTurn$ True | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 1 | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | SpellDescription$ Up to one target creature gets -2/-1 until your next turn.

A:AB$ Mill | Cost$ SubCounter<2/LOYALTY> | NumCards$ 2 | Planeswalker$ True | Defined$ You | SubAbility$ DBChooseCard | SpellDescription$ Put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard, then you may return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

SVar:DBChooseCard:DB$ ChooseCard | Choices$ Creature.YouOwn | Optional$ Yes | ChoiceZone$ Graveyard | Amount$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBChangeZone

SVar:DBChangeZone:DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | Defined$ ChosenCard | SubAbility$ DBCleanup

SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearChosenCard$ True

A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<7/LOYALTY> | Name$ Liliana, the Last Hope emblem | Image$ liliana_the_last_hope_emblem | Triggers$ TrigToken | SVars$ DBToken,X | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Stackable$ False | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, put X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is two plus the number of Zombies you control."

SVar:TrigToken:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ DBToken | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your end step, put X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is two plus the number of Zombies you control.

SVar:DBToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ X | References$ X | TokenName$ Zombie | TokenTypes$ Creature,Zombie | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Black | TokenPower$ 2 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenImage$ b 2 2 zombie EMN | TokenAltImages$ b_2_2_zombie2_EMN,b_2_2_zombie3_EMN

SVar:X:Count$Valid Card.Zombie+YouCtrl/Plus.2

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/liliana_the_last_hope.jpg
Oracle:[+1]: Up to one target creature gets -2/-1 until your next turn.\n[-2]: Put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard, then you may return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.\n[-7]: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, put X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is two plus the number of Zombies you control."
Fixed Liliana, the Last Hope' Ultimate with missing Variable.
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 12 Jul 2016, 06:40

i did try Nephalia Academy
Name:Nephalia Academy
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ C | SpellDescription$ Add {C} to your mana pool.

R:Event$ Discard | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.YouCtrl | ValidSource$ Card.OppCtrl | ReplaceWith$ DBReveal | Optional$ True | DiscardFromEffect$ True | Description$ If a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard a card, you may reveal that card and put it on top of your library instead of putting it anywhere else.

SVar:DBReveal:DB$ Reveal | Defined$ You | RevealDefined$ ReplacedCard | SubAbility$ DBDiscard

SVar:DBDiscard:DB$ Discard | Defined$ ReplacedPlayer | Mode$ Defined | DefinedCards$ ReplacedCard | Cause$ ReplacedSource | DiscardToTopOfLibrary$ True

SVar:NonStackingEffect:True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/nephalia_academy.jpg
Oracle:If a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard a card, you may reveal that card and put it on top of your library instead of putting it anywhere else.\ņ{T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.
for that i added ReplacedSource and add that Player.discard does check for Cause$.

using that cases there:
http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/14689 ... ia-academy
most of the stuff does work, BUT currently the interaction with Madness does not.
(Madness should not be able to Trigger if i say that it should apply the ReplacementEffect from the Academy)
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 13 Jul 2016, 01:13

I copied Marek's master file into scripts and committed along with the editions file. If you have fixes or new cards that haven't been committed, please commit to trunk on your own.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 13 Jul 2016, 16:26

IntroPacks are available:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-07-13

i will see if i got the time to commit them.
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 14 Jul 2016, 20:12

I packaged the EMN Tokens from the wizards page,
for these who can't wait for HQ ones.

i will pack the XLHQ tokens of the other sets in a forge friendly naming later some day.
Attachments
EMNToken.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 14 Jul 2016, 21:34

Noticed you worked on protection from all colors -- is it still internally considered the five separate protections? Rules say:

702.16h “Protection from all [characteristic]” is shorthand for “protection from [quality A],” “protection from [quality B],” and so on for each possible quality the listed characteristic could have; it behaves as multiple separate protection abilities. If an effect causes an object with such an ability to lose protection from [quality A], for example, that object would still have protection from [quality B], [quality C], and so on.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 15 Jul 2016, 04:15

@Marek14: arg I thought that it would bite me :/

I just wanted it to look better :/

Hm so either I need to revert it back or thinking of a way to make it otherwise working.
===
I look out and Cephalid Snitch is the only one that can remove protection from a color.

PS: Spectra Ward also has something like that but Cephalid Snitch can't target it.
(but if it would be colorless, then it could target and remove something)

Hm maybe I think about that turns [WUBRG] into [WURG] until end of turn.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 15 Jul 2016, 04:51

Hanmac wrote:@Marek14: arg I thought that it would bite me :/

I just wanted it to look better :/

Hm so either I need to revert it back or thinking of a way to make it otherwise working.
===
I look out and Cephalid Snitch is the only one that can remove protection from a color.

PS: Spectra Ward also has something like that but Cephalid Snitch can't target it.
(but if it would be colorless, then it could target and remove something)

Hm maybe I think about that turns [WUBRG] into [WURG] until end of turn.
It was probably good the way it was -- the problem is also that if a card says "protection from all colors", the protection can't be affected by text-changing effects, whereas if it would list all five protections individually, it could be.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 15 Jul 2016, 04:55

Yeah I know about that card change thing. One of the reasons I did that change.

Before and currently, Spectra Ward is broken for Cephalid Snitch. I will try to fix that.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 15 Jul 2016, 05:07

If it's OK I'm going to temporarily revert the protection from all colors change in light of the upcoming beta release scheduled for today. Or are you planning to commit a better solution before the release, Hanmac?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 15 Jul 2016, 05:16

I think I will manage to commit that and some more tiny fixes before the release.
===
Only bad that I didn't get the Meld stuff from @friarsol and that Eldrazi blade until that release today :/ but maybe I manage something if I hurry
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 15 Jul 2016, 05:19

kk! Good luck! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Phoenix » 15 Jul 2016, 05:25

For this changing of "Protection of all" do cards like Balduvian Shaman, Mind Bend, Sleight of Mind, ... have to be considered, too?

I'm not sure since the 5 colors are not printed on the card so the text cannot be changed.
The rule says that "from all" just is shorthand for "from black, from blue, ...". So does it only behave this way or does the text virtually change?
Phoenix

Postby Hanmac » 15 Jul 2016, 08:32

@Phoenix: they are not Intrinsic so it does not work.
(text changing doesn't work for all colors)

@Agetian: i think i fixed it.
"Protection from all colors" does turn into "Protection from white", "Protection from blue", "Protection from red", "Protection from green"
if you remove "Protection from black".
(they still can't be effected by text change)

while doing that, i did Spectra Ward too.
Protection:Card.nonColorless:Protection from all colors:Aura
does split into:
Protection:Card.<color>:Protection from <color>:Aura
and while doing that, i also did a look at the Ward Spells like Black Ward:
Protection:Card.Black:Protection from black:Card.CardUID_HostCardUID
can be removed too.

The only thing where i was unsure is about that has ChosenColor:
Protection:Card.ChosenColor:Protection from ChosenColor:Card.CardUID_HostCardUID
i don't know if that should be able to remove too.
Hanmac

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner