It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:29

Text Size

Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 25 Aug 2016, 12:34

Forge doesn't have 2HG yet, I guess because it has shared turns. It would require some updates. One example off the top of my head: phase triggers would have to differentiate whether they specify in whose upkeep they trigger or not. Verdant Force would trigger once in the opponents' upkeep while something like Mogis, God of Slaughter, would trigger twice. Also, the active player would no longer be unique, which would necessitate some rewrites.

As an example, have a look at Ancient Runes:

Code: Select all
Name:Ancient Runes
ManaCost:2 R
Types:Enchantment
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ Player | Execute$ TrigDamage | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of each player's upkeep, CARDNAME deals damage to that player equal to the number of artifacts he or she controls.
SVar:TrigDamage:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | NumDmg$ X | References$ X
SVar:X:Count$Valid Artifact.ActivePlayerCtrl
SVar:RemRandomDeck:True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ancient_runes.jpg
Oracle:At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Ancient Runes deals damage to that player equal to the number of artifacts he or she controls.
The line "SVar:X:Count$Valid Artifact.ActivePlayerCtrl" would be no longer valid in 2HG because you don't want to know the number of artifacts the active player controls, but the number of artifacts controlled by the specific active player who got this trigger.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 25 Aug 2016, 12:45

@Marek14 ah good to know, hm we might look at 2HG when we got Conspiracy finish.

I think we might need some kind of 2HGPlayer class which is a wrapper for the real players.

Also checkout Goad now working and can be scripted.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 25 Aug 2016, 14:38

Hanmac wrote:@Marek14 ah good to know, hm we might look at 2HG when we got Conspiracy finish.

I think we might need some kind of 2HGPlayer class which is a wrapper for the real players.

Also checkout Goad now working and can be scripted.
Yes, plus, don't forget that a similar shared turns option should be actually used for Archenemy as well.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 25 Aug 2016, 14:49

One thing I noted: Act of Treason and Blind with Anger are both written with similar GainControl effect with "Untap$ True", but I don't think they should be. Act of Treason untaps after taking control while Blind with Anger untaps before. This matters if one or the other player has, say, Wake Thrasher on the battlefield. I'm not sure if the Untap$ untaps before taking control or after, but one kind of cards should be converted to untap effect with GainControl as subability.

Anyway, let's try Besmirch:

Name:Besmirch
ManaCost:1 R R
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ GainControl | Cost$ 1 R R | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | LoseControl$ EOT | Untap$ True | AddKWs$ Haste | SubAbility$ DBGoad | SpellDescription$ Until end of turn, gain control of target creature and it gains haste. Untap and goad that creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
SVar:DBGoad:DB$ Goad | Defined$ ParentTarget
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/besmirch.jpg
Oracle:Until end of turn, gain control of target creature and it gains haste. Untap and goad that creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
Like this?

Also, if you want another project, here's one I'm always suggesting -- splitting the DamageDone trigger so cards that trigger on dealing/receiving damage would only trigger once regardless on how many things they deal damage to/take damage from. For example, a double-blocked Dromad Purebred should only give you 1 life unless there are first strike shenanigans.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 25 Aug 2016, 15:00

about the untap/GainControl thing, hm yeah ok i will see what i can do.
(Ai should still use the logic for gain control, even if it would untap them first)

hm yeah i did Besmirch before in the thread too.
===
about the Damage stuff, hm yeah that might be a bit to complicated for me alone :/
that also should be with damage prevention for "you and/or permanents you control"
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 25 Aug 2016, 20:00

Name:Coveted Peacock
ManaCost:3 U U
Types:Creature Bird
PT:3/4
K:Flying
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigGoad | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, you may goad target creature defending player controls. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
SVar:TrigGoad:AB$ Goad | ValidTgts$ Creature.DefenderCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature defending player controls.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/coveted_peacock.jpg
Oracle:Flying\nWhenever Coveted Peacock attacks, you may goad target creature defending player controls. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
Name:Goblin Racketeer
ManaCost:3 R
Types:Creature Goblin Rogue
PT:4/2
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigGoad | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, you may goad target creature defending player controls. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
SVar:TrigGoad:AB$ Goad | ValidTgts$ Creature.DefenderCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature defending player controls.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/goblin_racketeer.jpg
Oracle:Whenever Goblin Racketeer attacks, you may goad target creature defending player controls. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
Name:Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
ManaCost:R R
Types:Legendary Creature Goblin Rogue
PT:2/2
T:Mode$ DamageDone | ValidSource$ Creature.YouCtrl | ValidTarget$ Player  | CombatDamage$ True | Execute$ TrigCharm | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, choose one - Goad target creature that player controls; Exile the top card of that player's library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.
SVar:TrigCharm:AB$ Charm | Cost$ 0 | Choices$ DBGoad,DBExile | SpellDescription$ Choose one - Goad target creature that player controls; Exile the top card of that player's library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.
SVar:DBGoad:DB$ Goad | ValidTgts$ Creature.DefenderCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature defending player controls.
SVar:DBExile:DB$ Mill | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | NumCards$ 1 | Destination$ Exile | RememberMilled$ True | SubAbility$ DBEffect
SVar:DBEffect:DB$ Effect | StaticAbilities$ STPlay | Triggers$ TriggerCastDoM | SVars$ TrigRemoveSelf | RememberObjects$ Remembered | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:STPlay:Mode$ Continuous | MayPlay$ True | MayPlayIgnoreColor$ True | EffectZone$ Command | Affected$ Card.IsRemembered+nonLand | AffectedZone$ Exile | Description$ Until end of turn, you may cast that card and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.
SVar:TriggerCastDoM:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.IsRemembered | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ TrigRemoveSelf | Static$ True
SVar:TrigRemoveSelf:DB$ ChangeZone | Defined$ Self | Origin$ Command | Destination$ Exile
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/grenzo_havoc_raiser.jpg
Oracle:Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, choose one -\n• Goad target creature that player controls.\n• Exile the top card of that player's library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.
Name:Jeering Homunculus
ManaCost:1 U
Types:Creature Homunculus
PT:0/4
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigGoad | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may goad target creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
SVar:TrigGoad:AB$ Goad | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/jeering_homunculus.jpg
Oracle:When Jeering Homunculus enters the battlefield, you may goad target creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
Last edited by Marek14 on 26 Aug 2016, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 26 Aug 2016, 04:47

Hey "Jeering Homunculus" has wrong target, it can target any creature.
(Might need some IsCurse or AiLogic or something)
==
612.6. One card (Spy Kit) states that an object has “all names of nonlegendary creature cards.” This changes the text that represents the object’s name. That object has the name of each nonlegendary creature card in the Oracle card reference that’s legal in the format of the game it’s in. (See rule 100.6.)
we need to find a way to do the "format of the game" part.
also as far as i see, its currently not possible to restrict the format of the game.

but i can begin with the basics of SpyKit and see how far i will come.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 26 Aug 2016, 05:53

Hanmac wrote:Hey "Jeering Homunculus" has wrong target, it can target any creature.
(Might need some IsCurse or AiLogic or something)
==
612.6. One card (Spy Kit) states that an object has “all names of nonlegendary creature cards.” This changes the text that represents the object’s name. That object has the name of each nonlegendary creature card in the Oracle card reference that’s legal in the format of the game it’s in. (See rule 100.6.)
we need to find a way to do the "format of the game" part.
also as far as i see, its currently not possible to restrict the format of the game.

but i can begin with the basics of SpyKit and see how far i will come.
I correctd Jeering Homunculus.

As for name legality, I don't think we need to pay heed to that, as this doesn't really matter. Forge doesn't really distinguish between formats -- even if you have the same two decks, there may be multiple formats when they are legal.

I can imagine some corner cases (for example in some formats Crib Swap is legal, which makes Shapeshifter tokens, but not the card named Shapeshifter), but generally, even if you wanted to implement this, it would have to wait until better implementation of formats, by which I basically mean that you could restrict the decks displayed to any supported format at ANY POINT IN TIME (taking into account rotations, historical B&R announcements, etc.).
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 30 Aug 2016, 15:16

Marek, can you upload your scripts?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 30 Aug 2016, 15:23

friarsol wrote:Marek, can you upload your scripts?
Here :)
Attachments
CN2.txt
(36.77 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 30 Aug 2016, 15:35

Does anyone know how the contents of CN2 packs are? I figured the last slot would be draft matters again, but I thought I read somewhere that the last slot is only Conspiracies.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby mcrawford620 » 02 Sep 2016, 04:58

I drafted CN2 last week, and every pack has one Conspiracy card. Does that answer your question?

The rest of the pack looked normal -- 1 rare/mythic, 3 uncommons, 10 commons, 1 token, and then the Conspiracy, which could be of any rarity.
mcrawford620

Postby friarsol » 02 Sep 2016, 12:02

mcrawford620 wrote:I drafted CN2 last week, and every pack has one Conspiracy card. Does that answer your question?
Yep, that's different than the first Conspiracy where that extra slot could have had any of the cards that said the word "draft" in them. Thanks.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner