It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:23

Text Size

Commander 2016 Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Commander 2016 Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 24 Oct 2016, 15:04

Looks like it's starting..

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-10-24?

We already have a significant Keyword "Partner" which allows you to have 2 commanders as long as both of those commanders have the Partner keyword.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Commander 2016 Spoiler Season

Postby Hanmac » 24 Oct 2016, 15:45

yeah Partner seems very funky, also because it does affect the DeckBuilding.

Undaunted: might be much easier because its just yetAnother Cost Reduction Ability.
(i will try to code it.)
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 24 Oct 2016, 18:18

A few cards that can be added without code changes:

Code: Select all
Name:Atraxa, Praetor's Voice
ManaCost:G W U B
Types:Legendary Creature Angel Horror
PT:4/4
K:Flying
K:Vigilance
K:Deathtouch
K:Lifelink
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigProliferate | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your end step, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
SVar:TrigProliferate:AB$Proliferate | Cost$ 0
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/atraxa_praetors_voice.jpg
Oracle:Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink\nAt the beginning of your end step, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
Name:Grave Upheaval
ManaCost:4 B R
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 4 B R | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature card | GainControl$ True | SubAbility$ DBPump | SpellDescription$ Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It gains haste.
SVar:DBPump:DB$ Animate | Keywords$ Haste | Defined$ Targeted | Permanent$ True
K:TypeCycling:Basic:2
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/grave_upheaval.jpg
Oracle:Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It gains haste.\nBasic landcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
Name:Prismatic Geoscope
ManaCost:5
Types:Artifact
K:CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped.
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ Combo Any | Amount$ X | References$ X | PreCostDesc$ Domain - | SpellDescription$ Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control. defender you control.
SVar:X:Count$Domain SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/prismatic_geoscope.jpg
Oracle:Prismatic Geoscope enters the battlefield tapped.\nDomain - {T}: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.
Name:Sylvan Reclamation
ManaCost:3 G W
Types:Instant
A:SP$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 3 G W | ValidTgts$ Artifact,Enchantment | TgtPrompt$ Select target artifact or enchantment | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 2 | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile | SpellDescription$ Exile up to two target artifacts and/or enchantments.
K:TypeCycling:Basic:2
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/sylvan_reclamation.jpg
Oracle:Exile up to two target artifacts and/or enchantments.\nBasic landcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 24 Oct 2016, 20:58

Name:Primeval Protector
ManaCost:10 G
Types:Creature Avatar
PT:10/10
S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ X | EffectZone$ All | Description$ CARDNAME costs {1} less to cast for each creature your opponents control.
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigPutCounters | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
SVar:TrigPutCounters:AB$ PutCounterAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl+Other | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1
SVar:X:Count$Valid Count$Valid Creature.OppCtrl
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
DeckHas:Ability$Counters
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/primeval_protector.jpg
Oracle:Primeval Protector costs {1} less to cast for each creature your opponents control.\nWhen Primeval Protector enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 25 Oct 2016, 15:48

I did some changes to make more than one Commander possible inside the Game
(combined color identity)
that was the first step.

now for that "Partner" to work, the GUI need to be changed to allow that.
i tried to debug it, but i didn't find the right place yet, where it need to be done in the Deck editor.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 25 Oct 2016, 16:14

Today's cards I can do:

Name:Breya, Etherium Shaper
ManaCost:W U B R
Types:Legendary Artifact Creature Human
PT:4/4
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
SVar:TrigToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenName$ Thopter | TokenTypes$ Artifact,Creature,Thopter | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Blue | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenKeywords$ Flying | TokenImage$ c 1 1 thopter C16
A:AB$ Charm | Cost$ 2 Sac<2/Artifact> | Choices$ DBDealDamage,DBPump,DBGainLife | Defined$ You | SpellDescription$ Choose one - CARDNAME deals 3 damage to target player; Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn; You gain 5 life.

SVar:DBDealDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Player | TgtPrompt$ Select target player | NumDmg$ 3 | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 3 damage to target player.
SVar:DBPump:DB$ Pump | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | NumAtt$ -4 | NumDef$ -4 | IsCurse$ True | SpellDescription$ Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn
SVar:DBGainLife:DB$ GainLife | LifeAmount$ 5 | Defined$ You | SpellDescription$ You gain 5 life.

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/breya_etherium_shaper.jpg
Oracle:When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.\n{2}, Sacrifice two artifacts: Choose one -\n• Breya deals 3 damage to target player.\n• Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn.\n• You gain 5 life.
Name:Charging Cinderhorn
ManaCost:3 R
Types:Creature Elemental Ox
PT:4/2
K:Haste
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPutCounter | CheckSVar$ AttackedThisTurn | References$ AttackedThisTurn | SVarCompare$ EQ0 | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of each player's end step, if no creatures attacked this turn, put a fury counter on CARDNAME. Then CARDNAME deals damage equal to the number of fury counters on it to that player.
SVar:TrigPutCounter:AB$ PutCounter | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ Self | CounterType$ FURY | CounterNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBDealDamage
SVar:DBDealDamage:DB$ DealDamage | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer | NumDmg$ X | References$ X
SVar:X:Count$CardCounters.FURY
T:Mode$ AttackersDeclared | Execute$ TrigStoreSVar | Static$ True
SVar:TrigStoreSVar:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ AttackedThisTurn | Type$ Number | Expression$ 1
SVar:AttackedThisTurn:Number$0
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Cleanup | Execute$ TrigReset | Static$ True
SVar:TrigReset:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ AttackedThisTurn | Type$ Number | Expression$ 0
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/charging_cinderhorn.jpg
Oracle:At the beginning of each player's end step, if no creatures attacked this turn, put a fury counter on Charging Cinderhorn. Then Charging Cinderhorn deals damage equal to the number of fury counters on it to that player.
(I used Keldon Twilight as a template, but I'm not sure it's correct -- will it work correctly if you attack with some creatures and THEN cast it? I think number of attackers declared this turn should be globally available.)
(Also note that fury counter is a new counter type that needs to be added.)

Name:Coastal Breach
ManaCost:6 U
Types:Sorcery
K:Undaunted
A:SP$ ChangeZoneAll | Cost$ 6 U | ChangeType$ Permanent.nonLand | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Hand | SpellDescription$ Return all nonland permanents to their owners' hands.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/coastal_breach.jpg
Oracle:Undaunted (This spell costs {1} less to cast for each opponent.)\nReturn all nonland permanents to their owners' hands.
Name:Saskia the Unyielding
ManaCost:B R G W
Types:Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
PT:3/4
K:Vigilance
K:Haste
K:ETBReplacement:Other:ChooseP
SVar:ChooseP:DB$ ChoosePlayer | Defined$ You | Choices$ Player | AILogic$ Curse | SpellDescription$ As CARDNAME enters the battlefield, choose a player.
T:Mode$ DamageDone | ValidSource$ Creature.YouCtrl | ValidTarget$ Player | CombatDamage$ True | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDealDamage | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.
SVar:TrigDamage:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | DamageSource$ TriggeredSource | NumDmg$ X | References$ X | Defined$ ChosenPlayer
SVar:X:TriggerCount$DamageAmount
SVar:HasCombatEffect:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/saskia_the_unyielding.jpg
Oracle:Vigilance, haste\nAs Saskia the Unyielding enters the battlefield, choose a player.\nWhenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.
(It's possible that Soul's Fire is written wrong, I didn't find DamageSource$ code there, although it should exist.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 25 Oct 2016, 16:24

@Marek14: i will look at the older cards, and specially this: "if no creatures attacked this turn"
I will probably do some new (Script)-Function for that.

PS: for Breya, Etherium Shaper, you don't need to do the Charm SpellDescription anymore, its auto-generated.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 25 Oct 2016, 16:29

Hanmac wrote:@Marek14: i will look at the older cards, and specially this: "if no creatures attacked this turn"
I will probably do some new (Script)-Function for that.

PS: for Breya, Etherium Shaper, you don't need to do the Charm SpellDescription anymore, its auto-generated.
ok
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 25 Oct 2016, 20:10

Hm, cards that appeared now are bit out of reach for me...

Cruel Entertainment - has two target players control each other's next turn.
Selfless Squire - triggers on damage being prevented, unlike other similar cards it's NOT limited to damage prevented by its own effect.
Deepglow Skate - I'm not sure if the code of Gilder Bairn is usable here, as this can have multiple targets.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 25 Oct 2016, 20:44

@Marek14:

ControlPlayer currently has no way to define the controlling Player.
that need to be added for that. (the easy part)
and even if that would be added, i am still a bit confused how forge would react to that.

about Prevention: hm yeah that looks very ugly.
we probably need to rewrite the entire Damage Prevention again.
add we need new trigger like TriggerDamagePrevented.

Deepglow Skate: hm yeah that need to be similar than Gilder Bairn, just for more, might need a RepeatEach in a RepeatEach, if not done as extra Effect (or feature of existing Effect)
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 25 Oct 2016, 20:49

Hanmac wrote:I did some changes to make more than one Commander possible inside the Game
(combined color identity)
that was the first step.

now for that "Partner" to work, the GUI need to be changed to allow that.
i tried to debug it, but i didn't find the right place yet, where it need to be done in the Deck editor.
I think some more work will be needed in DeckFormat. If a Commander deck has 2 Commanders, then the size of the Main Deck is 98, not 99. Additionally, the Format should probably check if there are 2 Commanders that both have Partner.

I believe the place that needs to be changed for adding multiple commanders is CEditorConstructed.java line 123.

if (sectionMode == DeckSection.Commander || sectionMode == DeckSection.Avatar) {
editor.getDeckManager().removeAllItems();
}

It actually looks like if you added more than one card (using the Ctrl key) at a time to the Commander Section it'll let you get away with it...
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 26 Oct 2016, 06:57

Name:Conqueror's Flail
ManaCost:2
Types:Artifact Equipment
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EquippedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | CheckSVar$ XW| SVarCompare$ GE1 | Description$ Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each color among permanents you control.
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EquippedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | CheckSVar$ XU| SVarCompare$ GE1
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EquippedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | CheckSVar$ XB| SVarCompare$ GE1
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EquippedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | CheckSVar$ XR| SVarCompare$ GE1
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EquippedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | CheckSVar$ XG| SVarCompare$ GE1
S:Mode$ CantBeCast | ValidCard$ Card | Condition$ PlayerTurn | Caster$ Opponent | IsPresent$ Self.AttachedTo Creature | Description$ As long as Conqueror's Flail is attached to a creature, your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.   
SVar:XW:Count$Valid Permanent.White+YouCtrl
SVar:XU:Count$Valid Permanent.Blue+YouCtrl
SVar:XB:Count$Valid Permanent.Black+YouCtrl
SVar:XR:Count$Valid Permanent.Red+YouCtrl
SVar:XG:Count$Valid Permanent.Green+YouCtrl
K:Equip 2
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/conquerors_flail.jpg
Oracle:Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each color among permanents you control.
As long as Conqueror's Flail is attached to a creature, your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
Equip {2}
(Could probably use improvement; I separated the abilities akin to code of Soul of Ravnica, though it might be nice if there was a function for "number of colors in set of permanents".)

Name:Stonehoof Chieftain
ManaCost:7 G
Types:Creature Centaur Warrior
PT:8/8
K:Trample
K:Indestructible
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Creature.YouCtrl+Other | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Whenever another creature you control attacks, it gains trample and indestructible until end of turn.
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredAttacker | KW$ Trample & Indestructible
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/stonehoof_chieftain.jpg
Oracle:Trample, indestructible\nWhenever another creature you control attacks, it gains trample and indestructible until end of turn.
Last edited by Marek14 on 26 Oct 2016, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 26 Oct 2016, 07:15

@friarsolI will see how far I will get with this. Didn't work with the GUI so far.

@Marek14: I will look at the Number of colors thing, probably I will try something similar like Domain.

For the Centaur you need to fix the Trigger description, it still does talk about dragons.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 26 Oct 2016, 07:24

Hanmac wrote:@friarsolI will see how far I will get with this. Didn't work with the GUI so far.

@Marek14: I will look at the Number of colors thing, probably I will try something similar like Domain.

For the Centaur you need to fix the Trigger description, it still does talk about dragons.
Fixed, thanks :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 26 Oct 2016, 08:27

@Marek14: i added "Count$ColorsCtrl" for "Soul of Ravnica"
that should work for Conqueror's Flail too.
Hanmac

Next

Return to Developer's Corner