It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:29

Text Size

Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.58

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.58

Postby Agetian » 11 Dec 2016, 09:45

I went ahead and committed all I could find in the C16 thread that wasn't already in to the "upcoming" folder for now.
And I think we can try to finish up Cumulative Upkeep changes if possible, yeah... but that's just my $0.02. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Indigo Dragon » 11 Dec 2016, 11:29

runeborn_hellkite.txt -> runehorn_Hellkite.txt
Indigo Dragon

Postby Agetian » 11 Dec 2016, 11:41

Indigo Dragon wrote:runeborn_hellkite.txt -> runehorn_Hellkite.txt
Fixed. Thanks!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 11 Dec 2016, 14:12

Hanmac wrote:
friarsol wrote:My plan so far:
Upkeep Trigger -> PutCounter Age -> Sacrifice UnlessCost x AgeCount
That might it possible to add more AI Logic.
i am reworking my plan. (still in development)
i am planing to do it similar to Echo as Param on Sacrifice Effect

with that i don't need to touch UnlessCost.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 11 Dec 2016, 16:33

Well, if we look at the nonmana cumulative upkeep cards, the important thing is that the cost is not paid all at once, but in bunches.

Aboroth - effects like Enduring Scalelord (if there was an analogical effect for -1/-1 counters) would trigger for each counter, not just once. Corner case: if you use something like Cytoshape and change Aboroth into Tatterkite with the cumulative upkeep on stack, counters can't be added, so the cost can't be paid. (Of course, if it had no counters beforehand, it will still have 0 age counters, and it can get 0 -1/-1 counters in that case).
Jotun Grunt - can mix graveyards, but each action moves just two cards
Psychic Vortex - the cost can't be paid if you can't draw cards for some reason (Maralen of the Mornsong), but can be paid if draws are just skipped (Possessed Portal). I don't know how it interacts with cards that restrict you to 1 draw per turn (like Leovold, Emissary of Trest) if you also have some draw replacement effects. My best guess is that you try to draw/replace requisite number of cards, and if you don't succeed, the game state is rewound.
Sheltering Ancient - can split the counters among multiple creatures and even multiple opponents, Enduring Scalelord will trigger for each counter even if you put multiple on the same creature, if opponent's only creature is Tatterkite, the cost can't be paid.
Varchild's War-Riders - can split the tokens among multiple opponents in multiplayer. I think that the tokens are not subject to Doubling Season or similar effects because they are a cost, not an effect.
Wall of Shards - can split the lifegain among multiple opponents. Ajani's Pridemate and similar trigger for every single life.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 12 Dec 2016, 03:13

r32669

Surge doesn't show a description. It just says "Surge()" both in the CardDetailPanel, and the popup window when selecting SpellAbilities.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 12 Dec 2016, 05:26

friarsol wrote:r32669

Surge doesn't show a description. It just says "Surge()" both in the CardDetailPanel, and the popup window when selecting SpellAbilities.
Fixed (r32671), looks like the keyword definition was missing in the Keyword enum, I'm not sure if that's all that needed to be added or not, but the keyword appears to function correctly and the description is now generated as well.

Btw, it's surprisingly quiet now, I have a gut feeling we may want to release soon-ish while the game is apparently largely stable and playable :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 12 Dec 2016, 09:43

Here's a rather new issue I haven't seen before, tried with r32675:
the AI tried playing Declaration in Stone on its turn 2, apparently trying to target one of my creatures (either Llanowar Elves or Elvish Mystic), but failed doing so and ended up with two tapped lands. The game log signaled the following:

Declaration in Stone (64) - [Couldn't add to stack, failed to target] - Exile target creature... (full ability text follows).

There was nothing else on the battlefield except a Plains and a Swamp for the AI, and two Forests, Llanowar Elves and Elvish Mystic on my side of the battlefield.
Interestingly enough, the AI cast Declaration in Stone successfully a turn or two later.

Not sure if this signals some kind of a significant enough targeting issue in the current AI.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 17 Dec 2016, 09:29

i did Cumulative Upkeep Cost as Sacrifice Effect option. (if someone didn't noticed it yet)
i also did the way that the Costs are added.
for now no cost should be combined into one. That should allow the above cards to work correct with other cards.
(it might annoy the user, but he does need to confirm all parts extra)

while that i am currently trying to rewrite Varchild's War-Riders to make CreateToken as Cost part.
Doubling Season does not work with Cost, but Primal Vigor does. (why such shit?)
for that we might drop TokenDoubler and need to replace it with a ReplacementEffect?

next refactor "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice" keyword to drop it from Upkeep class (which can be removed later)
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 17 Dec 2016, 10:44

Here's a strange bug that may have something to do with the rewriting of costs (?):
Manifested Fleecemane Lion can be turned face up for {W/G} (hybrid mana, either one white or one green) instead of {W} {G} (one white mana and one green mana) as it should be.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 17 Dec 2016, 11:07

Agetian wrote:Here's a strange bug that may have something to do with the rewriting of costs (?):
Manifested Fleecemane Lion can be turned face up for {W/G} (hybrid mana, either one white or one green) instead of {W} {G} (one white mana and one green mana) as it should be.

- Agetian
my Fault when i did Manifest.
the Problem is when having the ManaCost "{W}{G}" i didn't find the way to get the string "W G" back :(.
i fixed it with using "0" as cost first while building the Ability, and then setting the PayCost later.

i also make the card update the State to have the Ability visible.
(Question: wouldn't that make the Ability visible for all players too?)
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 17 Dec 2016, 11:14

Hanmac wrote:
Agetian wrote:Here's a strange bug that may have something to do with the rewriting of costs (?):

- Agetian
the Problem is when having the ManaCost "{W}{G}" i didn't find the way to get the string "W G" back :(.
i fixed it with using "0" as cost first while building the Ability, and then setting the PayCost later.

Thanks, Hanmac!
I just tested it and whenever my AI opponent manifests a creature (say, Fleecemane Lion), it just says "Manifested" on the card, which is fine since it doesn't show the mana cost you can flip it for (and thus doesn't really hint as to what the card may be).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 17 Dec 2016, 11:22

Agetian wrote:
Thanks, Hanmac!
I just tested it and whenever my AI opponent manifests a creature (say, Fleecemane Lion), it just says "Manifested" on the card, which is fine since it doesn't show the mana cost you can flip it for (and thus doesn't really hint as to what the card may be).

- Agetian
hm okay so my change with "updateStateForView" didn't had any effect (good and bad) ... i thought it would be better if the Unmanifest Ability is shown on the CardView ... but that doesn't seems to be critical.
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 17 Dec 2016, 14:03

Agetian wrote:
Hanmac wrote:

- Agetian

Thanks, Hanmac!

- Agetian
Ideally it would say Manifest for all cards Manifested since you should be able to know what was Morphed and what was Manifested.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 17 Dec 2016, 14:13

@ Sol: Yeah, I think that's what it currently does (says "Manifested" for both human's and AI's manifested cards).

By the way, the game is in quite playable state at the moment, should we plan a release soon? A lot was fixed recently, though I'm sure something is still broken (that we are not aware of) and something could have been broken by the fixes... But for the most part, things have more or less stabilized, at least compared to the mostly broken 1.5.57 Beta which is currently the latest release. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner