It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:19

Text Size

Aether Revolt Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Aether Revolt Spoiler Season

Postby Hanmac » 08 Jan 2017, 19:32

i added Scrounging Bandar using new MoveCounter logic.
might not be perfect for the AI jetzt but i tested it and it seems to work.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jan 2017, 19:34

Hanmac: Could you try Maulfist Revolutionary? It has a new kind of counter adding where it adds one counter of every kind that already exists on the targeted object.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 08 Jan 2017, 19:41

Fixed Goblin Chieftain, updated Merchant's Dockhand (works correctly now, thanks Hanmac!), committed batch 7 to trunk.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 08 Jan 2017, 19:44

for Maulfist Revolutionary (and the other blue one)
i will either add a new param for PutCounter like Existing or will add a totally new Effect later.
(while doing that i might rewrite some stuff of the other counter effects)

but that will be done tomorrow or next time.

EDIT: Lifecrafter's Bestiary has some 1 U ability which should not be there XD
Lifecraft Awakening as some AER U
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jan 2017, 19:52

BTW, I noticed several different templates for target prompts. Some use "Select", some use "Choose", some end with a period, some don't. Is there an accepted standard? I generally use "Select" with no period.

EDIT: Foriysian Brigade needs its Oracle text updated. Possibly other cards with the same ability, the wording was updated recently.

EDIT2: How should Perilous Predicament be done? It forces opponents to sacrifice two different things, but both should still be sacrificed simultaneously (each should see the other one dying, etc.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jan 2017, 20:13

Batch 8, includes corrected Lifecraft Awakening and Lifecrafter's Bestiary.

I wonder if Academy Raider and similar couldn't be done in a simpler way by just having triggered draw with "discard a card" as a cost. Would it work the same?

Maybe Alesha, Who Smiles at Death should have a TgtPrompt$ ?
Attachments
aer08.zip
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jan 2017, 23:15

Batch 9.

EDIT: Ichor Wellspring should get a Secondary$ wording like Mycosynth Wellspring has.
Attachments
aer09.zip
(4.57 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2017, 00:00

Batch 10.

Please check Secret Salvage.

EDIT: I'm trying Treasure Keeper, but can't get it right. It needs to remember the found card (which can be cast), as well as the others. The other revealed cards will end up on the bottom of the library, randomized, but whether the found card will end up there as well is determined by whether you cast it or not.
Attachments
aer10.zip
(5.36 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2017, 00:46

And Batch 11 -- this should be all! I post complete file with all 110 cards I coded these two days; the last ten can be found through timestamps. They are:
Unbridled Growth, Universal Solvent, Vengeful Rebel, Verdant Automaton, Walking Ballista, Watchful Automaton, Welder Automaton, Weldfast Engineer, Winding Constrictor and Wrangle.

It's almost 2 AM here, so I am going to bed; I will enter the cards into the Upcoming later if no one gets there first :)

Please check that Winding Constrictor works like this, I used Hanmac's suggestions but I'm not sure whether I did it correctly.

For Automatons -- do they need color hints and removal from random decks like Implements, or are they passable creatures even without the abilities?
Attachments
aer.zip
(52.2 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 09 Jan 2017, 01:45

Marek14 wrote:It's almost 2 AM here, so I am going to bed; I will enter the cards into the Upcoming later if no one gets there first :)
Yesssssssssss
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2017, 05:23

I tested Secret Salvage, seems like it works fine.
Committed the cards to trunk. Looks like now it's mostly individual cards and Improvise that is missing for AER. Would Improvise be difficult to code? (seems pretty similar to Convoke)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 09 Jan 2017, 05:58

@Agetian the problem is that such paying mechanics need to be done AFTER mana Abilities.

http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/15556 ... is-convoke

Which is why we need to rework convoke and Delve to get Improvise right.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2017, 07:47

Hanmac wrote:@Agetian the problem is that such paying mechanics need to be done AFTER mana Abilities.

http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/15556 ... is-convoke

Which is why we need to rework convoke and Delve to get Improvise right.
This also needs logic neccesary to let Forge know when you can pay the rest of the spell with these abilities, so you can stop with activating mana abilities, and a way to handle combinations (convoke+improvise and delve+improvise are both possible). Though it would be also possible to simply make improvise as a convoke clone now and rework them later.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2017, 09:09

OK, I updated the Upcoming page. So, we are currently missing 28 cards.

Improvise (16 cards): Barricade Breaker, Bastion Inventor, Battle at the Bridge, Enraged Giant, Fen Hauler, Foundry Assembler, Freejam Regent, Herald of Anguish, Inspiring Statuary, Maverick Thopterist, Metallic Rebuke, Reverse Engineer, Sly Requisitioner, Sweatworks Brawler, Whir of Invention, Wind-Kin Raiders

Adding each kind of counter (2 cards): Maulfist Revolutionary, Skyship Plunderer

Aid from the Cowl - not sure how to write the effect
Chandra's Revolution - not sure how to specify which target is to be kept tapped
Dark Intimations - the Bolas upgrade effect
Gonti's Machinations - triggers on first life loss in a turn.
Greenbelt Rampager - well, I guess it could be done with mandatory loss of energy since nothing specifically cares about paying it.
Hope of Ghirapur - needs something like Wicked Akuba, but limited to combat damage
Indomitable Creativity - complex Polymorph effect, very similar to Divergent Transformations that we also don't have yet.
Perilous Predicament - sacrifices two different things, but not sequentially.
Scrap Trawler - not 100% sure how to do targeting based on CMC of trigger?
Treasure Keeper - complex pseudo-cascade effect
Marek14
Tester

Postby onderzeeboot » 09 Jan 2017, 10:16

It looks like Daredevil Dragster doesn't work. I drew two cards while it had only one velocity counter on it. Working on r33042.

It also costs 2 instead of 3.

Awesome work though, the new cards are great fun in my cube :)

Code: Select all
Name:Daredevil Dragster
ManaCost:3
Types:Artifact Vehicle
PT:4/4
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ EndCombat | ValidPlayer$ Player | IsPresent$ Card.Self+attackedThisCombat,Card.blocking+Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPutCounter | TriggerDescription$ At end of combat, if CARDNAME attacked or blocked this combat, put a velocity counter on it. Then if it has two or more velocity counters on it, sacrifice it and draw two cards.
SVar:TrigPutCounter:DB$PutCounter | CounterType$ VELOCITY | CounterNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBSac
SVar:DBSac:DB$ Sacrifice | SacValid$ Self | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | References$ X | RememberSacrificed$ True | SubAbility$ DBDraw
SVar:DBDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ DrawX | References$ DrawX | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:X:Count$Valid Card.Self+counters_GE2_VELOCITY
SVar:DrawX:Remembered$Amount.Twice
K:Crew:2
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/daredevil_dragster.jpg
Oracle:At end of combat, if Daredevil Dragster attacked or blocked this combat, put a velocity counter on it. Then if it has two or more velocity counters on it, sacrifice it and draw two cards.\nCrew 2 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
This works, but I don't know if it's up to your standards.
onderzeeboot

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner