Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 27 Mar 2017, 15:30

And so it starts... another cycle...

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2017-03-27

Two mechanics shown: Embalm and Exert

Embalm is on creatures: costs some mana plus exiling the creature card from the graveyard. Creates a token pseudo-copy of the creature; it has the same name, but no mana cost, adds Zombie as a creature type and is always white. Each embalm creature will get its own token.

Exert: exerting a creature means that it won't untap during your next untap step. Exerting is implemented as a choice you make as you attack with the creature, and it triggers another ability.
Marek14
Tester

Re: Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Postby Indigo Dragon » 29 Mar 2017, 10:14

So our mechanics are (so far)
    Cycling
    Exert
    Embalm
    "Brick" Counters matter
    Aftermarth
With Cycling returning, can we get a fix on it by having instead of

Cycling {2}, Discard CARDNAME: Draw a card.
vs
    Cycling {2} ( {2}, Discard this Card: Draw a card.)
So now it's properly hidden by the "Hide Reminder Text in Card Detail Pane" option.

Just to repeat what Marek14 said, Exert is not a triggered a ability, it is a replacement effect. When Glorybringer attacks, it only triggers if you wanted to Exert it.

Embalm is super weird, and we won't be clear until the mechanics article is spoiled. Is it a perfect copy? (Aside from White Zombie.) If so, why doesn't it have a mana cost? Is this some Volrath's Shapeshifter madness? (A card Forge hasn't been able to make.)
Also for token images, can we have the token image name be
    Embalm_W_X_Y_CARDNAME
    Embalm_W_2_2_Trueheart_Duelist
or just
    Embalm_CARDNAME
    Embalm_Trueheart_Duelist
Just so we can have all the Embalmed Cards in one single place, instead of having Trueheart_Duelists and CARDNAMES running around the folder everywhere.

Brick counters are just Charge counters. But not. No Vedalken Infuser synergy for you.

Aftermath is just a split card, but one side can be cast only from the graveyard.

And the last mechanic is Ugly. Ugly is a mechanic that only appears on Amonkhet Invocations. It says Ugly (This card is Ugly). Don't know how to implement that ;) .

Edit: Also, just a reminder, proper card text grammar is now — instead of —, and • instead of •.
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Marek14 » 30 Mar 2017, 08:14

A new Embalm card was spoiled with reminder text, but I'd still wait for the mechanics article. From the reminder text, it seems that Embalm is a standard "copy card with modifications" where the modifications include color change, Zombie subtype add and mana cost removal. But the Forge syntax should still allow for adding a token image since they will be printed, with standard image copying as a backup options (in case there's a card that add Embalm etc.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 02 Apr 2017, 06:49

Did some change with cycling
Now the description should use the Reminder Text. Type Cycling is not updated yet.

Embalm should be able with CopyPermanent (and some other parameters)
I am just unsure about it still having Embalm ability or if it becomes vanilla
Hanmac

Postby Indigo Dragon » 02 Apr 2017, 08:17

Hanmac wrote:Did some change with cycling
Now the description should use the Reminder Text. Type Cycling is not updated yet.
Thanks Hanmac!
Hanmac wrote:Embalm should be able with CopyPermanent (and some other parameters)
I am just unsure about it still having Embalm ability or if it becomes vanilla
I think that's exactly it (CopyPermanent). MaRo says that they still have Embalm, but it's not written on the token because it's confusing.
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/15 ... the-embalm
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/15 ... en-to-help
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/15 ... s-but-isnt
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/embalm
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Hanmac » 02 Apr 2017, 10:18

i currently looking at CopyPermanentEffect to see what need to be changed to allow Embalm.

things are missing: "SetColor$ White | SetManaCost$ no Cost"

either i could add new changes for to add more parameters,
or i simply could do "Embalm$ True" and code the part just internal.

Code: Select all
copy.addType("Zombie");
copy.setManaCost(ManaCost.NO_COST);
copy.setColor(MagicColor.WHITE);
BUT i need to see are there cards that can use Type or Color Change Effects to affect the color or the type of the token?¿

Edit: all color or type changes uses "spell or permanent", while in the graveyard, the Creature with Embalm is none of them.
and while the ability is on the stack it isn't a "spell or permanent" either.
so Embalm should be save from card text changes.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 03 Apr 2017, 04:19

How do you guys think we will want to handle the upcoming Masterpiece series for Amonkhet (and probably all further Masterpieces from then on)?

I checked out this spoiled list of Amonkhet Invocations: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2017-03-29

Judging by the collector's number and set code written on the card pictures, Wizards is planning to keep using the same code (MPS) as they used for Kaladesh and Aether Revolt, but they are restarting the numbering (collector's numbers start from 1 again), which creates an odd situation from the point of view of Forge: as it stands, we currently have one Masterpiece Series definition file with the code set to MPS. The intention was to keep adding to this file, I think, and differentiate the different masterpieces (for different sets) on the level of print sheets (which choose the right MPS cards for the right booster packs). However, I don't know if it's possible to have multiple cards with the same collector's number within a single definition file and, if it is, if it's going to create complications elsewhere or not.

If the single file can't be used for everything, then I think we'd better split off (and create e.g. definition files like Amonkhet Invocations.txt, renaming Masterpiece Series into Kaladesh Inventions in the process, I guess). However, this creates an issue in and of itself: since all the masterpieces use the same set code (MPS), I don't know if Forge can handle multiple definition files with the same code and whether that'll create complications somewhere or not.

How should we go about working around this situation?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 03 Apr 2017, 13:08

@swordshine: nice that you did "Archfiend of Ifnir" but it need some work because I think that currently it will trigger twice when you cycle a card.
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 04 Apr 2017, 00:16

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE WITH SPLIT AND CMC!!!
Cmc of Turn // Burn isn't 2 and 3 anymore but always 5!

That breaks combos :(

We need to change getCMC functions and sharesCMCWith

Source:
http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/15916 ... -turn-burn
Hanmac

Postby swordshine » 04 Apr 2017, 10:40

Hanmac wrote:@swordshine: nice that you did "Archfiend of Ifnir" but it need some work because I think that currently it will trigger twice when you cycle a card.
I think deleting the "cycled" trigger can fix it because that trigger is kind of redundant here.
swordshine

Postby Indigo Dragon » 04 Apr 2017, 12:43

swordshine wrote:
Hanmac wrote:@swordshine: nice that you did "Archfiend of Ifnir" but it need some work because I think that currently it will trigger twice when you cycle a card.
I think deleting the "cycled" trigger can fix it because that trigger is kind of redundant here.
True. The "cycle or discard" is only there for redundancy.
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/15 ... khet-state
If we just have discard trigger, and keep the TriggerDescription$, it should be good. Keep this in mind as there could be some more cards like it.
Flameblade Adept | Open
http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/flamebladeadept.html wrote:Flameblade Adept R
Creature — Jackal Warrior, U
Menace
Whenever you cycle or discard a card, Flameblade Adept gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
1/2
Also, we have a new Enchantment subtype, attached to auras, Cartouche (pronounced Car-toosh)
Cartouche of Solidarity | Open
http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/cartoucheofsolidarity.html wrote:Cartouche of Solidarity W
Enchantment — Aura Cartouche, C
Enchant creature you control
When Cartouche of Solidarity enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
Cartouche doesn't mean anything on it's own, but like Shrines and Curses...
Trial of Knowledge | Open
http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/trialofknowledge.html wrote:Trial of Knowledge 3U
Enchantment, U
When Trial of Knowledge enters the battlefield, draw three cards, then discard a card.
When a Cartouche enters the battlefield under your control, return Trial of Knowledge to its owner's hand.
Also, our Embalm problem has been solved, or just got a lot harder
Anointer Priest | Open
http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/anointerpriest.html wrote:Anointer Priest 1W
Creature — Human Cleric, C
Whenever a creature token enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
Embalm 3W (3W, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Human Cleric with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
1/3
Embalm 3W (3W, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Human Cleric with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
Zombie Human Cleric
Not all cards are Zombie Human Clerics, they're Zombie Human Warrior, and Zombie Cat.
I think we should wait for a Embalm-Caster Mage (A card that gives Embalm) before finalizing reminder text.

And as a thanks for me wasting your time...
Attachments
Limits_of_Solidarity.txt
Act of Treason + Cycling 2
(587 Bytes) Downloaded 275 times
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Hanmac » 04 Apr 2017, 14:22

I will implement Embalm and Aftermath the next days.

For Embalm I will do: "in addition to it's other types"
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 04 Apr 2017, 20:47

Got Aftermath working, need more testing but the card should work.

Only the view seems to be a little bit funky :/ means it sometimes shows the CardView wrong.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 06 Apr 2017, 06:36

Hi, I was away for a few days, but I plan to make some cards soon :)

As for Embalm, one important thing is that we need to add an option to specify a token image, I don't think that copy effects have that.

Embalm tokens might be excepted from our standard naming system and have names like embalm_anointer_priest instead of w_1_1_anointer_priest.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 06 Apr 2017, 10:38

OK, some cards are here! Check Gideon -- I haven't actually found "KW$ HIDDEN Prevent all damage that would be dealt by CARDNAME." text anywhere. Muzzle uses different wording, but there is a very similar hidden keyword on Azorius Ploy, so this should exist as well.
Attachments
akh01.zip
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Marek14
Tester

Next

Return to Developer's Corner