Text Size

What needs to be improved?

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: What needs to be improved?

Postby Chris H. » 21 Jun 2010, 21:46

How about a sticky that would state the following:

Simple Instructions for Newcomers

Rares is the original developer who started the Forge project. He maintains a web page on google.com. This page includes several links to archives. You can easily download Forge using the links on this web page. Click on the following link and you will see his web page:

Forge Google Project

This easy to read page includes links for several archives. You will find one to two complete versions of the Forge application and it's related files. Besides the Forge archive you will need to download the card pictures. Download and launch forge and click on the "Menu" displayed at the "New Game" window. You can choose to download low quality or high quality pictures.

This is all you need to get started. Rares web site also includes instructions and an archive containing a number of pre-made decks that you can download.

The Collectible Card Game Headquarters web site and the section devoted to Forge can be a busy place for newcomers who are looking for the Forge application. The above link to Rares web page on google is designed to make it easier for newcomers to get started. We hope that you will enjoy yourself. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Newcomers

Postby mtgrares » 22 Jun 2010, 17:45

I updated the topic "Download the Newest Version and What is Forge? " Feel free to post updates and other stuff. I'll update my first post or huggybaby can do it if he wants to because I'm online sporadically.

I didn't want to create another sticky topic so I just added "Download the Newest Version" to the "What is Forge?" topic.

The only changes that I made for his version of forge is: added exe file, added doc directory, added decks from prevous version as well as the two minor updates by Chris H.
-Chris H. quest deck updates Boris Karloff 3.dck and quest12.dck
-Chris H. all rarity files for quest, so all of the cards in Forge are available in the quest mode

I spent way too long making that update, an hour at least.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 22 Jun 2010, 21:20

Cool, thanks rares. 'Twould be best if Dennis or Chris could keep those links updated. I could give them access, just say the word.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby silly freak » 23 Jun 2010, 06:25

i think we're forgetting that there's a wiki... all the stickies make the forum much harder to browse, but I realise that it's easy to oversee it... what about a "FAQ" or "The answer to all your questions", just pointing to the wiki?
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby juzamjedi » 23 Jun 2010, 14:58

The game would be much better if the AI used instants more effectively. Use them during combat or occasionally on my turn. Counter spells are fun to play around and Lightning Bolt is way better than the AI is playing it right now.

Right now I never have to worry about combat going wrong when I play against the AI. Which in my opinion this makes the games less interesting.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 25 Jun 2010, 17:53

Yes, you should be fearful of combat occansionally. :)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner