It is currently 04 May 2024, 19:00

Text Size

Problems and suggestions for the new (07/16) beta version

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Problems and suggestions for the new (07/16) beta version

Postby zaroblan » 20 Jul 2010, 07:33

Greetings,

I downloaded the latest beta version of Forge and am suitable impressed. I am really enjoying the new UI changes and give major kudos to the developers. I am a software engineer by trade and so feel it is my duty to provide other developers with feedback:

1) provide an option to turn off the text being displayed over the cards in game mode
1a) could we not also then display the power/toughness at the bottom of the card
2) after closing the deck editor and then later reopeneing it please make sure that the previous deck being edited has been closed
3) alternatively provide an option to set the behaviour as you would like it
4) there are artefacts being left on screen on occasion in game mode after playing a card or a land, it appears to stay in your hand for a while before being refreshed
5) provide a means of keeping a trace of what has been played in a game (not a match), could also be optional
6) what are the possibilities of graphically displaying a line indicating which creature is blocking which attacker, in massive creature battles it becomes quite difficult to ascertain the blockers and correctly select the targets of fast effects etc.
7) it is not possible to play consecutive drafts ... after the second draft even though the deck was saved, the card pool is not available for loading in the deck editor

This is feedback from one developer to a bunch of others with an eye to making a better and better and better Forge which we all love playing.

I am even playing Forge more than I am playing Duels of the Planeswalkers! :)

Thanks again to all the developers,

Robert "The Turquoise Mage" Lancaster
zaroblan

Re: Problems and suggestions for the new (07/16) beta versio

Postby DennisBergkamp » 20 Jul 2010, 15:22

Zaroblan,

For this 07/16 version, I would just uncheck the "New GUI" option in the main menu, that should cover points 1, 4, 5.

EDIT: oops, actually it only covers points 1, 1a and 4 :roll:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby friarsol » 20 Jul 2010, 15:48

zaroblan wrote:5) provide a means of keeping a trace of what has been played in a game (not a match), could also be optional
I know some of the graphics based stuff was being worked on already, but I just wanted to clarify what you mean by this. You are looking for like a log window that has every single action that has taken place in the game?

Do you log untapping? Do you log normal drawing? Or are you mostly looking for cards cast, abilities activated, and attacking/blocking?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby zaroblan » 21 Jul 2010, 06:37

Yes, I was looking for spells cast, and attacks that have taken place.
Alternatively, a game (or match) record and replay function would also be cool.

I must say that the AI has really improved over the last couple of versions.
The Quest mode in particular is now really challenging.

Thanks again to all the developers ... GREAT WORK!!!
zaroblan

Return to Developer's Corner