It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:41

Text Size

Developing Bugs

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Developing Bugs

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 20 Jul 2011, 21:46

Along with our change in Source Code Repository, it's about time to retire the SVN Bug thread.

Our bug tracker is now at

http://cardforge.org/bugz

Use mylin-mantisconnect integration with this URL:
http://cardforge.org/bugz/api/soap/mantisconnect.php

Customizing Mantis to better suit Forge may take some time, anyone brave enough can request admin status, and/or FTP access to the PHP code that runs Mantis.

I'm working on integrating Bug Reporting into Forge, both as a menu item to launch a blank report, as well as in response to an exception error window.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Re: Developing Bugs

Postby friarsol » 20 Jul 2011, 22:04

Rob Cashwalker wrote:I'm working on integrating Bug Reporting into Forge, both as a menu item to launch a blank report, as well as in response to an exception error window.
Awesome. This should help a lot.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Corwin72 » 21 Jul 2011, 16:38

Will there be an updated script to download the SVN?

also r 10905 Scion of Oona gives shroud to himself.
Corwin72

Postby Jaedayr » 21 Jul 2011, 21:27

The README.txt file should be updated to reflect the new bug reporting process, whenever someone is able.

*edit* Will the issues already reported at code.google.com be migrated to the new system?
Jaedayr
Tester

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Jul 2011, 22:39

Jaedayr, I'd like to get at least the open issues from google code migrated over. It's not straight-forward... you need to use Eclipse's Mylin connector for both systems, and clone the issue from one to the other, tweak a couple fields, then submit to the new system. I began a few last night, but it would take a while... I would hope someone else can help do the leg work.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Jul 2011, 13:41

It looks like there's an easier way to migrate the bugs, involving exporting/importing. I'll see if I can get all of them migrated today with it.

Edit: Looks like I might need a plugin installed for this: http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=4220 Although, I might not have enough privileges to do it either.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Jul 2011, 15:52

Now you do.

It looks like that could work. the trick is exporting from google.... the mylin-google connector uses some java libraries google provided. I played with it briefly, but it would've taken a lot of effort to roll my own exporter based on their sample code.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Jul 2011, 17:43

After wrestling with Mantis for an hour or so, the active bugs from google code issue tracker have been imported. For some reason or other, the description decided to not be attached to the csv that was downloaded (from google code), so instead I linked to the old issue via ID.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Jul 2011, 18:58

That's why I had issues... the CSV from google is just meta data.

Using Mylyn, you can clone issues from one task repository to another. But it's a one-at-a-time sorta thing.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Jul 2011, 19:03

How about a little python scripting to pull the report then insert it into the import list?
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Braids » 23 Jul 2011, 14:48

i just found this topic! :twisted: {UB} the Invasion can begin.
`
Rob Cashwalker wrote:. . . Customizing Mantis to better suit Forge may take some time, anyone brave enough can request admin status, and/or FTP access to the PHP code that runs Mantis.
`
may i have admin status? not ftp status, though. of the {p} languages, i do perl and python, but not php.

Rob Cashwalker wrote:I'm working on integrating Bug Reporting into Forge, both as a menu item to launch a blank report, as well as in response to an exception error window.
`
is there going to be a separate database, area or flag for user-submitted reports versus ones reported by developers or power users?

what about bug reports that have similar stack traces? i would hope those to be aggregated somehow.

oh, and congratulations to all who were involved in moving all the open issues to mantis!

Edit: formatting changes.
Last edited by Braids on 23 Jul 2011, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Location: Unknown. Hobby: Driving myself and others to constructive madness.

Postby Braids » 23 Jul 2011, 14:59

regarding updating the README.txt file, is this the correct text?
------------------------
Reporting Bugs:

To report a bug with an official beta release, visit the Forge forum topic corresponding to your beta's version number. The forum is at viewforum.php?f=26 . Please check whether your bug has already been reported using the forum's search capability.

To report a bug with a nightly build, with something compiled from the official Forge software repository, or from the leading edge (formerly "SVN Bug Reports"), please do not submit your bugs to the forum. Instead, use the Mantis bug tracker at http://cardforge.org/bugz . Registration may be required.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 24 Jul 2011, 03:29

may i have admin status? not ftp status, though. of the {p} languages, i do perl and python, but not php.
Oh Pish-Posh if I could hack Java from a VB background, you can pick up PHP based on Perl and Python. I'm not crazy about the langauge either... but in small doses I can manage it...

Anyway, you've got admin status, what were you planning to change?

I created a specific user for the built-in bug reports. I'll probably give the user an option to put their own Mantis uid/pwd into the report. I can also give it some other sort of metadata that indicates it came direct from Forge.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 24 Jul 2011, 15:26

It seems I can't edit or create bugs now because of some added Git Rev Required field. What is this field expecting? Because I tried using the 7 digit hex characters and it doesn't like it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Braids » 24 Jul 2011, 16:04

friarsol wrote:It seems I can't edit or create bugs now because of some added Git Rev Required field. What is this field expecting? Because I tried using the 7 digit hex characters and it doesn't like it.
sorry about that. it should be fixed now.
Braids
Programmer

Next

Return to Developer's Corner