It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:52

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby drdev » 15 Sep 2014, 20:36

Fizanko wrote:Ran into an error with the medium ai "Endora"
It was doing a lot of card movement at the time (i was hearing a lot of card sound effects)

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.28-SNAPSHOT-r27348
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 x86
Java Version:     1.7.0_10 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbilityRestriction.checkZoneRestrictions(SpellAbilityRestriction.java:200)
   at forge.game.spellability.AbilityActivated.isPossible(AbilityActivated.java:126)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilMana$ManaProducingCard.<init>(ComputerUtilMana.java:115)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilMana.sortManaAbilities(ComputerUtilMana.java:139)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilMana.payManaCost(ComputerUtilMana.java:357)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilMana.payManaCost(ComputerUtilMana.java:50)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.payManaCost(PlayerControllerAi.java:798)
   at forge.game.player.PlayerController.payManaCost(PlayerController.java:274)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPartMana.payAsDecided(CostPartMana.java:133)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPayment.payComputerCosts(CostPayment.java:176)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtil.handlePlayingSpellAbility(ComputerUtil.java:104)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.playChosenSpellAbility(PlayerControllerAi.java:425)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1020)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1559)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:81)
   at forge.control.FControl$4.run(FControl.java:447)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Please update to a more recent snapshot. I've already fixed this issue in r27386.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 15 Sep 2014, 20:57

Sorry, didn't noticed there was a new snapshot to download.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 16 Sep 2014, 00:21

Noticed a minor problem regarding achievement (as the current snapshot i'm using, r27408 has the achievement section to see the trophies)

The achievement i got from my current quest (from a previous snapshot from before the Achievement room was added) are not listed in the achievement room
It seems to only listing what i gained since i got r27408 (Hellbent i just obtained against a medium AI).

I noticed that redoing some of the requirement for the trophy i already got (in previous snapshot, like the "Life to Spare, winning a game with 20 more health than you started with" isn't regiving the trophy while listing in the "best" category the 23 spare lives i just got from a recent r27408 duel with a medium AI

It's no big deal, i can just wipe my saved settings to start anew anytime, but better report if there's some possible problems with this..
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Agetian » 16 Sep 2014, 04:34

In Human vs. Human mode, the hand for the 2nd player does not appear in the match interface, so it's impossible to select any cards in the 2nd player's hand and thus to play them.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 16 Sep 2014, 05:31

Another observation related to the redesigned GUI: sometimes the "summoning sickness" icon will not clear in time from creatures. This does not always happen, but seems very likely to happen if your opponent (the AI player) has played a creature in its turn, then in your turn, you use E to end turn. When it's the AI's turn again, the "summoning sickness" icon will still be there in "Upkeep", then it'll clear away once the next phase starts (or once you move the mouse around a little bit).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 16 Sep 2014, 12:18

Some issues I noticed last night.

UI Refactor issues

Alpha Strike not drawing immediately (Reported earlier)
Goblin Token created by Mogg War Marshall attacked one turn, and now doesn't clear the Attack icon from it after combat for the rest of the game.

Other issues (don't think they are refactor related, but could be?):

Jilt's kicker should not require me to target a second creature when it's not kicked.
When casting Double Negative with one spell on the stack, the second target prompt is kind of awkward since it still lists the first spell you already targeted.
Vesuvan Doppleganger doesn't redraw it's art after it cloning a new object during the upkeep.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby elcnesh » 16 Sep 2014, 14:20

friarsol wrote:Alpha Strike not drawing immediately (Reported earlier)
Goblin Token created by Mogg War Marshall attacked one turn, and now doesn't clear the Attack icon from it after combat for the rest of the game.
Fixed. (The second one should be, although it's hard to reproduce reliably – please let me know if this happens again.)

friarsol wrote:Jilt's kicker should not require me to target a second creature when it's not kicked.
I'm not so sure, shouldn't it? It's not like with modal spells that the second part is treated as though it doesn't exist, so shouldn't you always have to select a second target? (Meaning you can't cast it if there's only one creature on the battlefield, which sounds strange... I couldn't find anything about this on the Internet :( )

friarsol wrote:Vesuvan Doppleganger doesn't redraw it's art after it cloning a new object during the upkeep.
Fixed.
elcnesh

Postby Pux » 16 Sep 2014, 14:33

I was playing Momir Basic and noticed some small bugs:

1. Not sure if it is a bug, but you can not activate the Momir Avatar through the flashback button. You have to change to the command zone tab and click on the avatar manually. This used to work very recently.
2. If you do that and pay the mana automatically while in the command zone tab, the token coming into play is like
Pic | Open
. Though this might already have been fixed in the post above me.
Pic | Open
I really can't figure out why this serpent is on the enchantment side of the battlefield. Is it related to Erebos or am I missing something (which wouldn't be the first time :P)?
Pux

Postby friarsol » 16 Sep 2014, 14:36

elcnesh wrote:
friarsol wrote:Jilt's kicker should not require me to target a second creature when it's not kicked.
I'm not so sure, shouldn't it? It's not like with modal spells that the second part is treated as though it doesn't exist, so shouldn't you always have to select a second target? (Meaning you can't cast it if there's only one creature on the battlefield, which sounds strange... I couldn't find anything about this on the Internet :( )
Actually, it's more like modal spells than you think. When you start announcing the spell you choose whether you are kicking it or not. So the second portion of the spell should know that it's not active, because it isn't kicked. It would be pretty flawed design if you couldn't cast Jilt without two targets on the battlefield. If for some reason the rules forced choosing two targets, the second sentence would probably say "Up to one." (As is the case with Return to Dust)

http://community.wizards.com/comment/45 ... t-45679526

Also:

http://www.cranialinsertion.com/act

Teenagers: Target

Here's where you pick targets. This doesn't always happen. It'll only happen if the spell you're casting explicitly says "target" on it. Sometimes picking targets depends on other things, like whether you paid a kicker cost (like Jilt's second target), overload cost, or spliced something on, and the modes of a modal spell usually change the spell's target count and requirements drastically.
Edit: Found it in the comp rules - 702.31g If part of a spell‘s ability has its effect only if that spell was kicked, and that part of the ability includes any targets, the spell‘s controller chooses those targets. only if that spell was kicked. Otherwise, the spell is cast as if it did not have those targets. See rule 601.2c.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby lujo » 16 Sep 2014, 15:21

Description: Tried to use horison Canopy to pay for something (it happened twice once for casting Hedge Troll, once for Kavu Primarch), Time Spiral draft.

RuntimeException | Open
Forge Version:    1.5.27-SNAPSHOT-r-1u
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 x86
Java Version:     1.7.0_25 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot remove input InputPayManaOfCostPayment because it's not on top of stack. Stack = []
   at forge.match.input.InputQueue.removeInput(InputQueue.java:54)
   at forge.match.input.InputSyncronizedBase.stop(InputSyncronizedBase.java:49)
   at forge.match.input.InputPayMana.onStateChanged(InputPayMana.java:412)
   at forge.match.input.InputPayMana.showMessage(InputPayMana.java:406)
   at forge.match.input.InputBase.showMessageInitial(InputBase.java:99)
   at forge.match.input.InputProxy$2.run(InputProxy.java:92)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby Agetian » 16 Sep 2014, 16:08

1) Got this NPE when playing a game in Human vs. Human hot seat mode, most likely related to the GUI not handling the drawing of cards in the "other player's hand" correctly (or something like that). This NPE happens at every card draw (e.g. the draw step). Also, the side effect of this error is visible in that the card picture is not visible once you switch over to the hand of the player who drew the card.

NullPointerException | Open
Forge Version:    1.5.28-SNAPSHOT-r27449u (mixed revisions detected; please update from the root directory)
Operating System: Linux 3.8.0-26-generic amd64
Java Version:     1.7.0_51 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.toolbox.FSkin.drawImage(FSkin.java:405)
   at forge.toolbox.CardFaceSymbols.drawSymbol(CardFaceSymbols.java:231)
   at forge.toolbox.CardFaceSymbols.draw(CardFaceSymbols.java:166)
   at forge.view.arcane.CardPanel.drawManaCost(CardPanel.java:347)
   at forge.view.arcane.CardPanel.displayIconOverlay(CardPanel.java:437)
   at forge.view.arcane.CardPanel.doLayout(CardPanel.java:389)
   at forge.view.arcane.CardPanel.repaintOverlays(CardPanel.java:813)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.repaintCardOverlays(CMatchUI.java:478)
   at forge.GuiDesktop.updateTurn(GuiDesktop.java:250)
   at forge.control.FControlGameEventHandler$3.run(FControlGameEventHandler.java:125)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
2) Also, it looks like something is still up with the attacker icons. At least in Human vs. Human mode, the "second human player"'s attacker icons are not visualized/removed correctly (for instance, after alpha strike is declared the attacker icons do not disappear when the cards are right clicked to call the attacker(s) back).

3) And one more issue, a rather unpleasant one: it looks like cards' mana costs "flicker" between phases (every time a phase is switched, it looks like an additional representation of the card's mana cost appears for a fraction of a second on the card and then disappears). Might be more apparent on tapped cards, and also on cards with "attachments" (auras, equipment) on them. This is true for any game mode, both Human vs. AI and Human vs. Human.

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 16 Sep 2014, 16:40, edited 4 times in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 16 Sep 2014, 16:22

Fizanko wrote:Noticed a minor problem regarding achievement (as the current snapshot i'm using, r27408 has the achievement section to see the trophies)

The achievement i got from my current quest (from a previous snapshot from before the Achievement room was added) are not listed in the achievement room
It seems to only listing what i gained since i got r27408 (Hellbent i just obtained against a medium AI).

I noticed that redoing some of the requirement for the trophy i already got (in previous snapshot, like the "Life to Spare, winning a game with 20 more health than you started with" isn't regiving the trophy while listing in the "best" category the 23 spare lives i just got from a recent r27408 duel with a medium AI

It's no big deal, i can just wipe my saved settings to start anew anytime, but better report if there's some possible problems with this..
I moved the location of the achievements files when I switched over to having separate achievements per game mode, so that may be why you lost some old data. As for the Life to Spare not showing your Bronze trophy, that was due to a typo when I refactored the code. I just committed r27451, which fixes that achievement's thresholds so your Bronze trophy should now appear.
drdev
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 16 Sep 2014, 19:46

Dan, have you by any chance forgotten to commit FSkinProp? I'm getting build errors on HEAD... ;)
elcnesh

Postby drdev » 16 Sep 2014, 20:02

elcnesh wrote:Dan, have you by any chance forgotten to commit FSkinProp? I'm getting build errors on HEAD... ;)
I would try refreshing the projects. Everything's compiling fine on my machine and I double-checked that I've committed everything. If you're still setting a compile error, could you let me know specifically what it is?
drdev
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 16 Sep 2014, 20:10

Weird, after calling svn up a dozen times it suddenly did download the newest versions... So nvm, fixed now :)
elcnesh

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner