It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:21

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby onderzeeboot » 21 Jan 2017, 10:22

r33275: When I cast Parting Thoughts, I draw cards equal to the number of counters on the killed creature, but I don't lose any life.
onderzeeboot

Postby Agetian » 21 Jan 2017, 11:33

onderzeeboot wrote:r33275: When I cast Parting Thoughts, I draw cards equal to the number of counters on the killed creature, but I don't lose any life.
Fixed upstream. Thanks for reporting! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 21 Jan 2017, 15:31

tjtillman wrote:r33275

It's possible that this isn't a bug, but a misunderstanding of the rules by me. But if I'm understanding correctly, then it would be a bug.

I have on the battlefield a Filigree Familiar, a Cogwork Assembler, a Scrap Trawler, and an Embraal Gear-Smasher. In my Graveyard I have an Implement of Combustion.

I pay 7 mana using Cogwork Assembler's ability to copy the Filigree Familiar. A token that's a copy of it enters the battlefield and I gain 2 life on it's ETB trigger. Then I use Embraal Gear-Smasher's ability to sacrifice that token.
After activating that ability it appears that Scrap Trawler's ability does trigger (artifact going to the graveyard from the battlefield) because I am prompted to choose an order for that trigger and the Filigree Familiar copy's die trigger. However, after choosing the order, the Scrap Trawler's trigger never appears on the stack. If the game thinks that the token was 0 cmc then, there would be nothing to get back from the graveyard on Scrapyard Trawler's trigger. However, am I correct in saying that the token copy of Filigree Familiar does have CMC 3, meaning that I should be able to target the Implement of Combustion in the graveyard from the Scrapyard Trawler trigger?
you are correct, there was a (probably) bug in the script of Scrap Trawler, and the game also didnt set the CopyPermanent correctly for LKI info.

now it should work correctly.

An expensive but interesting combo you got there ;P
Hanmac

Postby onderzeeboot » 21 Jan 2017, 17:27

r33275: Zurgo Bellstriker can't be blocked in certain circumstances. I had a Xenagos, the Reveler out and a 2/2 artifact creature. Neither the Satyr token made by Xenagos, nor the other 2/2 could block Zurgo when it attacked.
onderzeeboot

Postby Agetian » 21 Jan 2017, 17:55

onderzeeboot wrote:r33275: Zurgo Bellstriker can't be blocked in certain circumstances. I had a Xenagos, the Reveler out and a 2/2 artifact creature. Neither the Satyr token made by Xenagos, nor the other 2/2 could block Zurgo when it attacked.
Fixed upstream (r33314). Thanks for reporting! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jan 2017, 18:39

Cipher is defined (in part) as “If this spell is represented by a card, you may exile this card encoded on a creature you control” -- therefore you shouldn't get the cipher dialogue when you cast a ciphered copy of the spell.

When you control Caged Sun, you should always get a choice of what color of mana to produce when paying costs, even if there's only generic portion of the cost left, since this may affect whether you get extra mana from Caged Sun or not. (I.e. I have Caged Sun set to "black", and when I cast an artifact spell and tap Watery Grave, it will automatically tap for blue mana so I won't get extra.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Twainer » 21 Jan 2017, 22:53

r33275

Confiscation Coup - I start with 0 energy. I cast Coup on Arborback Stomper (CMC 5). This shouldn't work but i end up with the Arborback Stomper and i still have the 4 energy from the coup.
Twainer

Postby Agetian » 22 Jan 2017, 04:34

Marek14 wrote:Cipher is defined (in part) as “If this spell is represented by a card, you may exile this card encoded on a creature you control” -- therefore you shouldn't get the cipher dialogue when you cast a ciphered copy of the spell.

When you control Caged Sun, you should always get a choice of what color of mana to produce when paying costs, even if there's only generic portion of the cost left, since this may affect whether you get extra mana from Caged Sun or not. (I.e. I have Caged Sun set to "black", and when I cast an artifact spell and tap Watery Grave, it will automatically tap for blue mana so I won't get extra.)
About Cipher: can you please tell me how to reproduce a situation where you actually get the Cipher dialog when you cast a copy? I tried it with a couple cards and I don't get the actual question offering to cipher again, even though I do get the unwanted "...<player selects a card to encode>" part in the stack description, which I have trouble getting rid of since I don't yet understand how the game is tracking the fact that the spell was already encoded and is thus a copy (or not) :/

I tried looking into fixing Caged Sun but couldn't find where this is controlled so far, I'd welcome some help from someone who is familiar with that part of the game interface. There is, of course, a workaround (if you click the land before clicking on the artifact to start paying the cost, you get to choose which color to tap for), but that's obviously an inconvenience and you have to remember it. :/ I'll keep looking for a possible solution.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 22 Jan 2017, 05:03

Twainer wrote:r33275

Confiscation Coup - I start with 0 energy. I cast Coup on Arborback Stomper (CMC 5). This shouldn't work but i end up with the Arborback Stomper and i still have the 4 energy from the coup.
This is fixed upstream. Thanks for reporting! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jan 2017, 08:01

Agetian wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Cipher is defined (in part) as “If this spell is represented by a card, you may exile this card encoded on a creature you control” -- therefore you shouldn't get the cipher dialogue when you cast a ciphered copy of the spell.

About Cipher: can you please tell me how to reproduce a situation where you actually get the Cipher dialog when you cast a copy? I tried it with a couple cards and I don't get the actual question offering to cipher again, even though I do get the unwanted "...<player selects a card to encode>" part in the stack description, which I have trouble getting rid of since I don't yet understand how the game is tracking the fact that the spell was already encoded and is thus a copy (or not) :/

I tried looking into fixing Caged Sun but couldn't find where this is controlled so far, I'd welcome some help from someone who is familiar with that part of the game interface. There is, of course, a workaround (if you click the land before clicking on the artifact to start paying the cost, you get to choose which color to tap for), but that's obviously an inconvenience and you have to remember it. :/ I'll keep looking for a possible solution.

- Agetian
I got the cipher problem with Trait Doctoring, I remember.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 22 Jan 2017, 09:35

I tried patching up Trait Doctoring, but actually there's something strange going on with Cipher - its reference variable is probably stored somewhere else now?.. Anyway, I wrote the DB Encode ability on it the same way as it's currently written on other Cipher cards and it seems to work, but I'm not sure :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 22 Jan 2017, 10:16

i also added a little check that Encode Ability only resolve if the host is not a token (a Copy)

i was thinking about rewriting encode as EffectEffect because there should be a line where if the Card is removed from Exile, the Card should lose its Encoded Abiltiy.

but then i found this:
The exiled card with cipher grants a triggered ability to the creature it's encoded on. If that creature loses that ability and subsequently deals combat damage to a player, the triggered ability won't trigger. However, the exiled card will continue to be encoded on that creature.
means i can't do it as EffectEffect :/

but i still might do add an Effect for handling if the Card is removed from Exile.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jan 2017, 12:09

AI reanimated a creature with Footsteps of the Goryo, but didn't sacrifice it in the end step.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 22 Jan 2017, 12:49

i play two Metallic Mimic, the second one didn't get the boost from he first (choosing the same Type)

while having both on the field and an Animation Module, creating a Token of the Chosen Type makes it enter with two +1/+1 counters, but causes Animation Module to trigger two times ... i am not sure if that's correct.
Hanmac

Postby Hanmac » 22 Jan 2017, 12:58

Demonic Hordes is totally broken oO
AI did pay {B} {B} {B} but did tap it and did destroy one of MY lands oO
Hanmac

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner