by mark » 17 May 2012, 11:38
I picked one card (Gorilla Chieftain) which is set to BOK but is and should be in 7ED. Please try with my card package (http://mark.tvk.rwth-aachen.de/software/forge/decks.zip) and tell me if this works for you.
by Xitax » 18 May 2012, 01:52
I think the problem is probably mtg-data.txt. Are you using the version distributed with the latest Forge? Please replace it with the one on the previous page in this thread.
by mark » 18 May 2012, 06:48
by Diogenes » 13 Jul 2012, 10:36
If I'm not making some stupid mistake here, would it be possible for someone to upload the processed precon set?
by Xitax » 13 Jul 2012, 19:59
EDIT: By the way, the new sets require a new Forge-friendly mtg-data.txt.
Also I've made Planechase 2012 select only if there's no other choice, along with the portal sets.
by Diogenes » 14 Jul 2012, 01:10
I can't get the new version you posted to run under Vista 32, but I'll try it on a different computer tonight and see what happens.
Thanks again for sharing this.
edit: Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I have decksetfix.exe and mtg-data.txt in their own folder, along with the decks I want to batch-fix. The program doesn't need anything else, does it?
by Xitax » 16 Feb 2013, 23:12
Archive includes all files you need, and also an updated mtg-data.txt with Gatecrash cards and forge 3-letter set assignment.
by Xitax » 19 Apr 2013, 01:13
I've decided to maintain my own datafiles, so mtg-data and setdata are now no longer the same as the files that are used elsewhere.
For anyone new: This Perl script assigns sets to Forge deck files. It finds the earliest date at which all cards could have been printed and assigns each card the nearest printing to that date. Generally, it produces a realistic set assignment for any extended or limited deck, probably less realistic for decks whose cards span the whole range.
TO use: Unzip somewhere. Put deck files into the folder with it and run decksetfix. If you can't run it, you can run the Perl script (requires Perl, obv). Converted decks will be in /output.
Gotchas - Some errors I've seen crop up:
-extra blank lines at the end of deck files mess it up
-[main] and [sideboard] must be the last two sections in the deck file. I may fix at some point, but all the decks I've converted only a few were not that way.
-Case sensitivity: [main],[sideboard], and all card names are case sensitive. I've seen misspelled cards and [Main] in the past.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Max mtg and 3 guests