It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:22

Text Size

Sealed deck - playable expansions

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Sealed deck - playable expansions

Postby artramhead » 02 Jan 2014, 09:59

Hi all, I'm a newbie here in the forum, but I've played manalink since some versions ago.
The programmer guys have done a terrific good work to revamp the old microprose game, it's really fun to play with the new cards! =D>
I noticed that not all the sets seem to be playable in sealed deck mode, expecially the newest cards (I think from Dark Ascension to Theros).
If I understand correctly, it should be possible to change the configuration of the cards used in sealed deck mode by modifying some files; I found that probably \Program\magic_updater\manalink.csv it's the file to look at, but I couldn't figure out how to tweak it correctly, and how to recompile it into the game. :(

To summarize, I would like to change the sets that are available in the sealed deck mode, so that to include the newer sets, too.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance!!
artramhead

Re: Sealed deck - playable expansions

Postby Korath » 02 Jan 2014, 10:56

This has annoyed me too, and I've been meaning to look into it.

An extremely brief glance reveals that the number of sets is hardcoded (no surprise). The set names are specified in Text.res (SEALEDDECK_PACKNAMES), though that of course only determines what's shown on screen in the dialog, not which cards are in the sets. Rarity.csv seems to control that; it's read at runtime, so no need to compile it.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby artramhead » 02 Jan 2014, 12:28

Thanx for your reply; it seems that both files refer to the original sets / cards, a lot (if not all) of the new cards that currently appears in sealed deck mode are not listed in Rarity.csv , so I suspect that some other file is involved ... :-(
artramhead

Postby gmzombie » 02 Jan 2014, 20:11

lol yea this has been a problem since the first days of modding. im not sure what could need to be done to make this work with all sets as i really did like how you could do a sealed deck tourney. looking at the rarity.csv is there anyway to make the program maybe use the manalink.csv since it looks to be similar might be a start? secondly there is a folder i believe expart which shows the packs and deck pics.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting