It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:00

Text Size

FAQ , read this before you create a new "Help me" Topic

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: FAQ , read this before you create a new "Help me" Topic

Postby stassy » 10 May 2010, 05:07

Wronskian wrote:Does the option "ChallengeMode" really exist ?

Because I don't see it in the config.txt of the latest version
and typing ChallengeMode:0 in my config.txt does not do anything.
Latest update :
Sticky thread
Manalink Update May 6 2010 (tournament prizes)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2597
Code
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttkgnnxzdmj/20100506.zip

Art
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzgzzjzuh ... rd_art.zip

Complete Art thread
Complete art as of Feb 10 2010
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2003
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzgzzjzuh ... rd_art.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdwvrz34m ... artnew.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tuyrzla1m ... artlim.zip

Oh, and I nearly forgot :
If your ML is up to date, you should have those things colored in green by my madz mathusalem graphic skillez :mrgreen: :

stassy

Postby Wronskian » 10 May 2010, 12:44

Than you for your answer.
So my post was not clear enough : I can play the challenges, all is doing well, but I can't deactivate the challenge mod with the file config.txt. Is it normal ?
Salbei wrote:FAQ : Challenges

Q:How can i de/activate Challenge mode?

1.browse to your game folder (c:\magic)
2.open the config file (c:\magic\config.txt)
3.search for "ChallengeMode"
4.to activate set the number behind it to "1" , to de-activate it set it to "0" (ChallengeMode:0)
Wronskian

Postby stassy » 11 May 2010, 04:55

Unfortunately the wiki is not updated, you no longer need to edit the config.txt, just don't click on the checkbox that activate it when playing normal Gauntlet mode (1st pic up).

If you just played in Challenge mode and want to play in normal Gauntlet mode you need to restart the game
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 May 2010, 12:56

Thanks for the great work you have done to give life to this game guys.I did everything according to the wiki.The mtg moks manalink2 works fine but when I copy paste the patches with the latest cards to the root c:\magic,and try to play any type of game(single duel,gauntlet,challenge mode,sealed deck...),shows the scene who I am playing against,then it crashes..every time. I tried the procedure 3times,the same result.windows xp.Can you help me please?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Cognis » 13 May 2010, 15:41

Are u extracting directly from the RAR file or do you extract somewhere and then copy it manually. I always open the RAR file and then copy over the contents of one folder at a time. Try that if you hadn't already. It worked for me when I had XP, although I have to say that it crashes a lot less with Windows 7. I hope it help, if not, hope someone will be able to give a better answer.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 11:06

stassy wrote:Unfortunately the wiki is not updated, you no longer need to edit the config.txt, just don't click on the checkbox that activate it when playing normal Gauntlet mode (1st pic up).

If you just played in Challenge mode and want to play in normal Gauntlet mode you need to restart the game
sorry bout that. didn´t realize it was still in the FAQ -> removed it from the FAQ since it became obsolete with one of the recent patches.

Slightly updated the FAQ and included a few links to the WIKI (for the Challenge mode).

I just don´t have enough time spare and been slacking with updates for the last couple month. I´ve contacted Huggybaby and suggested stassy as my replacement for this forumsection.

Don´t even have time for my homepage (last update 26.12.2009 ...) so it might be wise to just replace me with an active community member.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby mzepol » 10 Jun 2010, 00:30

Newbie here. Kudos for bringing this game back and adding tons of new cards. I'm really excited to play this game again. It's been a while since I've played M:tG.

I have installed DotP 2010 edition and applied the Manalink 2.0 patch, I also applied the Manalink201 patch and on top of that I applied the patch that includes MagicLimited.exe, MagicCustom.exe and Patch.exe (i think it was dated 20100528 - not sure about the exact date). I can build decks that includes cards such as Sneak Attack, Necropotence, Serra Avatar, etc. But when I try to play a Duel against the computer using the deck I just made (ex. Sneak Attack), no cards appear on my hand and lose on the next turn when I draw cards because I literally have none. I tried using one of the default decks (A Royal Pain) and had the computer use my custom deck (Sneak Attack). A Royal Pain loaded successfully for me, but when the computer's turn came it lost on the draw phase because it had no cards as well. Did I do something wrong with the installation? The problem is, when I don't apply the latest patch that contains MagicCustom.exe,MagicLimited.exe and Patch.exe, the cards like Sneak Attack, Serra Avatar, Mind Over Matter, Cursed Scroll, etc. do not appear in Deck Builder.
Do I really need to apply the Manalink201 patch to get the above mentioned cards? OR do I just need the DotP installer, Mok's Manalink2.0 patch and the 20100528 patches to get the cards I mentioned?
Pls. help.
mzepol

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Jun 2010, 02:20

Just to get you started, the DotP 2010 edition ISO does not require the Manalink 2.0 patch or the Manalink201 patch. You downgraded and then brought it back to original condition for no reason.

Also, you would never use the Manalink 2.0 patch anyway, it's replaced by the 2.01, which combines 2.0 plus the one that came before it.

All this info is in the readmes.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby mzepol » 10 Jun 2010, 03:31

Huggybaby wrote:Just to get you started, the DotP 2010 edition ISO does not require the Manalink 2.0 patch or the Manalink201 patch. You downgraded and then brought it back to original condition for no reason.

Also, you would never use the Manalink 2.0 patch anyway, it's replaced by the 2.01, which combines 2.0 plus the one that came before it.

All this info is in the readmes.
Thanks Huggybaby. I posted this also on the Magic 2010 Custom Installer ISO thread, and Sonic also mentioned that I do not need to install the patches for Manalink2.0 and 2.01 anymore because they are already included in the 2010 ISO. However, he also mentioned that the cards Sneak Attack, Mind Over Matter, Serra Avatar and Cursed Scroll are not included in the ISO. Can you advise what patch I should apply to get these cards? Thanks again.
mzepol

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Jun 2010, 03:41

I don't know what patch those cards are in, but someone who does will tell you eventually.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby mzepol » 10 Jun 2010, 03:53

Huggybaby wrote:I don't know what patch those cards are in, but someone who does will tell you eventually.
Ok. Thanks a lot for your help. :)
mzepol

Postby stassy » 10 Jun 2010, 04:09

Those cards are all in the latest update :
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2660

Beware that applying this patch will disable Shandalar and multiplayer mode
stassy

Postby mzepol » 10 Jun 2010, 05:58

stassy wrote:Those cards are all in the latest update :
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2660

Beware that applying this patch will disable Shandalar and multiplayer mode
Thanks for the help. Will try that out when I get home. :D
mzepol

Postby klye » 11 Mar 2011, 04:25

Im trying to install this again. From I've downloaded the two files as suggested. The first *.part1 I can extract, but I keep getting an error when I try to extract the second file, *.part2. I've tried redownloading. Any ideas?
klye

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Mar 2011, 08:20

Klye you can use this link to download if you still have problems with wiki install.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3991
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting