It is currently 02 May 2024, 08:05

Text Size

testing wilt-leaf liege

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

testing wilt-leaf liege

Postby jatill » 04 Jul 2010, 21:57

I'm trying to make the liege come into play when discarded, but the code is very tricky. Would anyone like to test that card and let me know the results? Savegames of time it doesn't work would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjzzm13mmwm/20100704.zip
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: testing wilt-leaf liege

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 23:26

I'll give it a try tomorrow when I wake up
Cognis
Tester

Postby stassy » 05 Jul 2010, 05:43

jatill wrote:I'm trying to make the liege come into play when discarded, but the code is very tricky. Would anyone like to test that card and let me know the results? Savegames of time it doesn't work would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjzzm13mmwm/20100704.zip
In Constructed, wilt-leaf liege correctly get in play after player being successfully hit by Hypnotic Specter but will not after player being successfully hit by Disrupting Scepter (stay in the graveyard).
Attachments
bug1.zip
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
stassy

Postby stassy » 05 Jul 2010, 06:50

Some more card testing :
Wheel of Fortune : ok
Coercion : not ok (AI don't want to play this card at all, had to debug it)
Blightning : not ok(AI don't want to play this card at all, had to debug it)
Ravenous Rats : ok
Cruel Ultimatum : ok
Duress : not ok (AI don't want to play this card at all, had to debug it)
Hymn to Tourach : not ok
stassy

Postby Cognis » 05 Jul 2010, 13:24

Hypnotic Specter - yes
Hymn to Tourach - the AI refuses to play it I you have Wilt-Leaf Liege in hand but it otherwise works
Smal Pox - Yes
Shrieking Grotesque - The first time in the game it worked then second time it didn't, unfortunately I didn't save the game
Pox - yes
Coercion - crashes the game when Wilt-Leaf Liege is in opponents hand, sometimes it crashes right away and sometimes you can get to choose what to discards
Liliana Vess - yes
Blightning - The first one played put one into play and the other in the graveyard, the other Blightning that followed put both Liege's into play
Ravenous Rats - yes
Stupor - one gets put into play while the other is put into the graveyard
Mind Rot - the first one is put into play while the other is put into the graveyard
Mind Twist - I played it for six and 3 lieges were put ino play while the others were put into the graveyard

I uploaded the decks that I've been testing with and also 4 save games I made. I tested the cards by giving the AI a deck with 60 lieges while I played a discard deck I had and used debug mode to grab cards I need. I play on Windows 7 Ultimate. I don't know anything about coding but could the liege maybe be coded in such a way that when it goes into the graveyard that it checks if he was put there from the hand and if it was that it goes into play. It wouldn't be perfect and I don't know if it's possible but maybe it could be a good aproximation. Something in the line "when Wilt-Leaf Liege is put into your graveyard from your hand return it to the battlefield". It would trigger when you would discard it yourself but that wouldn't be a problem unless someone would exploit that on purpose.
Cognis
Tester

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting