It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 14:25

Text Size

Problems with multiplayer dueling, cards don't appear

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Problems with multiplayer dueling, cards don't appear

Postby nuka » 01 Sep 2010, 01:14

Hi! Let me just start off with thanking all people that created the Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO: it really works terrific. It's great to finally play magic again and against real opponents.

But the reason that I'm forced to start a topic on CCGH is because my friend and I recently started experiencing problems with our multiplayer duels.
We have our computers connected together through a hub and haven't had mutch trouble with multiplayer duels till now using the "Micropose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO".
But because we wanted add more cards i decided to install the Merry Christmas update a few day's ago. The updating seemed to work fine, the new interface works, all the new cards are there, even shandalar works, all except the multiplayer duels.
When we start a multiplayer duel the opponent doesn't seem to be getting any cards in hand and loses at the first draw and because there no cards in the deck.
The weird thing is that if the game end's it only end's at one side, the other side (my friend) can still play.It's like there is no connection between the two decks or players. Also when i waiting without moving to oppponents turn a window will pop up with Dial and Answer that's counting down from 30 to 0 ending with the message "you have been unregistered with your opponent, your opponent has unregistered with you".
The decks do work when playing agains the computer.

I added some pictures of the situation and really hope someone knows what's going wrong.
Because my friend and i are totally out of ideas of how to getting this update working.

Sincerely,
Nuka
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
nuka

Re: Problems with multiplayer dueling, cards don't appear

Postby stassy » 01 Sep 2010, 11:17

Quoting the from ISO thread :

THE ONE AND ONLY UPDATE FOR THE ISO:
CCGHQ CardArtNew 061110.zip (66.89 MB)(Release Notes)
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzmmbq3cijz -or-
http://rapidshare.com/files/398028313/C ... 061110.zip
WARNING: The updated CardArtNew files are exclusive to this 2009/10 CD-ROM version of the game.
This one download is the only update available for the ISO. You will find all kinds of update files for this game elsewhere in this forum. You will be tempted to install them to see what happens. Before you do so, STOP. And REMEMBER: The one download above for the CardArtNew is the only update available for the ISO.
Do not install any update files from any other version of the game to this 2009/10 CD-ROM version.
Likewise, under no circumstances install these files to any other version of the game currently being developed at CCGHQ.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in the game becoming highly unstable or possibly failing to run, and will require a complete re-installation of the originally installed version of the game to rectify.
stassy

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting