Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Jun 2015, 04:22

Here is mine which is from the latest patch fate reforged:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a86j ... 325-FR.rar
but I am afraid it won't be enough.
Attachments
ManalinkEh.rar
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Manalink 3.0 Installation

Postby Korath » 20 Jun 2015, 05:33

Just copying a ManalinkEh.dll over will never, ever help; it's closely tied to the magic.exe and cards1.dat cards.dat distributed in the same patch. All three get rebuilt together, and won't work with the same files from different patches.
Last edited by Korath on 22 Jun 2015, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Sonic » 21 Jun 2015, 00:22

Has anybody mentioned adding the Magic.exe to the Data Execution Prevention exclusion list, or 'Disabling the Visual Themes' in the Magic.exe Properties menu?

Both have been known to work in some cases.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Permisio » 21 Jun 2015, 02:19

Korath wrote:Just copying a ManalinkEh.dll over will never, ever help; it's closely tied to the magic.exe and cards1.dat distributed in the same patch. All three get rebuilt together, and won't work with the same files from different patches.
Korath, at what point in the installation does the ManalinkEh.dll get built? In my troubled installation, it's just not present in the Program folder.

BTW, Aswan Jaguar, thanks for the help.
Permisio

Postby Korath » 21 Jun 2015, 03:44

It doesn't get built by the end-user during installation; it's part of the distribution. There's one in the base installation (I just verified it's there for the ozks one that you mentioned you used) and another in the patch distribution.

You specifically mention above that you installed the latest CardArtManalink, but make no mention of the Fate Reforged patch itself; the artwork is a separate download from the patch proper. Both are linked from the same announcement post.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Permisio » 22 Jun 2015, 13:36

I did not make it clear in that post, but yes, I did d/l and install the Fate Reforged Patch . . . well, sort of.

As I attempted this installation from scratch yet again, this time I ran into admin permission problems specifically with the manalinkeh.dll file. The file was there when I expanded the .rar file, but then encountered the permission error when I tried to copy and overwrite all of the files into the new installation. I am the only person on this computer, and therefore I am the administrator.

Although I don't know if it will make any difference, I will try to copy this file in Windows Safe Mode. I will report the results.
Permisio

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jun 2015, 13:53

Where did you install Manalink 3.0 ?(it is known that problems are caused for windows vista and later if you have installed under program files and didn't install as adminstrator)and what is your OS?

Also add manalink 3.0 to antivirous white list so it doesn't block it.Maybe you have to do the same for ManalinkEh.dll.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 22 Jun 2015, 20:57

Echoing what AJ said above, be very careful with antivirus. A known issue is antivirus programs registering false positives on dll's when unzipping the patch zip files which causes the dll's not to be unpacked. I would recommend turning the AV off while you unzip everything.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Permisio » 23 Jun 2015, 00:33

Aswan Jaguar, my OS is Windows 7 64-bit. This new installation (and my old one) is to Program Files (x86). Yes, everything I do on this computer is as admin.

I rebooted into Windows Safe Mode and actually got ManalinkEh.dll to copy over to the new installation. However, when I rebooted into normal mode and tried to run Magic.exe, I got a new error -- one which didn't have any identifying info -- and the program did not run. Oddly enough, immediately after that, ManalinkEh.dll had disappeared.

To both Aswan Jaguar and BAgate, I will now try to futz with BitDefender and create an exception or turn it off. I will post results.

Thanks again for the help!
Permisio

Postby w128jaws » 27 Jun 2015, 22:49

Looks like everything is working
Last edited by w128jaws on 18 Jul 2015, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
w128jaws

Postby CirothUngol » 02 Jul 2015, 06:29

If anyone's interested I've updated my Manalink install to the Fate Reforged patch, including a new Mod structure (straight batch; no EXEs; easy to use, manipulate, and update). It doesn't include the CardImages, just download them from Sonic's post and drop them in the 'Program' folder (game plays just fine without them, if you'd rather). Look for it on GoogleDrive in my signature.

Also check out the companion Shandalar download in the same folder. It contains all of the sounds, images, and animations for Shandalar updated to Korath's Loremaster's Tower v2. It also includes a SVEtool that allows injecting cards into the new Shandalar environment.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Jul 2015, 14:37

CirothUngol wrote:If anyone's interested I've updated my Manalink install to the Fate Reforged patch, including a new Mod structure (straight batch; no EXEs; easy to use, manipulate, and update). It doesn't include the CardImages, just download them from Sonic's post and drop them in the 'Program' folder (game plays just fine without them, if you'd rather). Look for it on GoogleDrive in my signature.
CirothUngol your version is not ONLY missing cardartwork BUT all cards from Commanders Arsenal set and later!

It is very easy to use,though and will help many newbies,(when you update it correctly-make it read from correct update?)thanks.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby CirothUngol » 03 Jul 2015, 14:48

Hiya AJ! Thanks for checking it out.

It's missing the CardArt on purpose (as was stated in my post). Since Sonic has provided those links; it would more than double the size of the download; and the game plays just fine without them, I have decided to leave them out.

As for the missing cards; it contains the latest Manalink Update that I know of (20150325-Fate Reforged). Which is the 'correct update' that you refer to?
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 Jul 2015, 15:11

CirothUngol on deckbuilder all cards beyond Commanders Arsenal set and later are not present!Not only the cardart but the actual cards.If the cards where there they would show up without the cardart but they aren't in the game at all.That's why I am saying maybe by mistake you made it load from an old cards.dat or an old Manalink.csv?
Your cards.dat is an old one 5,54 MB in contrast with the latest which is 6,59 MB.
Unless I somehow screwed up the installation.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Permisio » 04 Jul 2015, 13:38

I just wanted to say that I finally got the new installation to launch and play. It involved several reboots (which take a looooooooooong time), some safe mode work to delete an older version of the game, and some magical behind-the-scenes s*** that I don't understand, but hey, I managed to get there.

Again, thanks for the help!
Permisio

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting