It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:45

Text Size

Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Postby Yggdrasil » 12 Feb 2011, 17:41

I confirm, the link doesn't work now.
Yggdrasil

Postby Huggybaby » 12 Feb 2011, 19:00

Yes, it's down, dariusii would have to re-upload that. Fortunately the DOTP links still work.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby sandman423 » 20 Feb 2011, 21:07

Can someone please help me with Installing this...

It seems like a LOT of files are outdated, plus I can't get passed Insert CD for Spells of the Ancients when I try to install...I Mounted both images.

Please help me...

What is the fastest and Most Recent way to install? Where are all the new files?
sandman423

Postby Salbei » 20 Feb 2011, 23:23

sandman423 wrote:Can someone please help me with Installing this...

It seems like a LOT of files are outdated, plus I can't get passed Insert CD for Spells of the Ancients when I try to install...I Mounted both images.

Please help me...

What is the fastest and Most Recent way to install? Where are all the new files?
The "official" route:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Installation

My way:
Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3991

Just follow that guide, Download stuff, unzip -> done.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby SkribbyCakes » 28 Feb 2012, 08:08

Do you already have to have SOTA and DOTP installed before using the Magic 2010 custom installer? I downloaded it and burned the ISO to a cd and everything was fine. I open the CD and run the autorun.exe and the dragon and crystal ball pull up followed by MTG and the music but then it just freezes.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running 64-bit Windows 7.
SkribbyCakes

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Feb 2012, 11:18

If you use the custom iso 2010 installer nothing else is needed.

If you like to play with newer and more cards (not in Shandalar) duel,Gauntlet,......try this:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6401
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby whisperrr1980 » 05 Apr 2012, 01:04

RUNNING NATIVELY
This game is a 16 bit application released for Windows 95. It runs in Windows 98, but not in Windows XP. Not even in compatibility mode, which is very frustrating. So, if you want to see the tutorial videos the way they are supposed to be, you need to play the game in Win 95 or 98. Setting up your machine to dual boot is a lot of trouble, but there is an easier way, and that is to use a Virtual Machine.
part 3 link does not work. Is there another way to get this? It says it was removed because of a violation. thanks. I had used this before and it worked good. I used the 2010 iso and it worked good but it stopped working for me in shandalar when i would pick a color it wouldnt do anything no matter what color I clicked on it just got stuck on that screen. I tried reinstalling it and in all parts of the game the text is missing so I wanted to go back with this one but part 3 is missing

OPTION 1
CirothUngol has preinstalled the game into a package so that you can play it using the free VMware Player. First, get the player and install it.
VMware-player-2.5.2-156735.rar (43.91 MB)

Then download the package and extract it.
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 1 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 2 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 3 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 4 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 5 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 6 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 7 (of 7) 44 MB
par2 Check File for ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance 36 KB
whisperrr1980

Postby CirothUngol » 05 Apr 2012, 06:24

I've had a complaint about that file before, so I'm replacing them all with new 200Mb RARs. Check the MediaFire link in my sig in the next few hours for the new archives. Let us know if they still don't work. I could also recommend installing the newest VMWare Player, it's great.

Incidentally, you should be able to play Shandalar with the new Manalink 3.0. Have you tried it?
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby whisperrr1980 » 05 Apr 2012, 22:48

Thanks I think I found it in mana link 2.0 vmware folder I will write another reply if I have any problems and thanks again :-)
whisperrr1980

Postby demarest » 17 Apr 2012, 21:19

Bog Wraith wrote:Magic: The Gathering Game and Manalink Patches
The most complete selection of links ever offered anywhere.

MOK'S MANALINK 2.0 VERSION
We recommend that most people, and especially new users, start with the original Mok's version 2.0. It is pre-patched and ready to go. All the other files here are for archival purposes. Unless you're an expert at using old systems and have some specific reason for doing otherwise, USE THIS VERSION:

Microprose MTG Mok's Manalink 2.0 Version.part1.rar (92.77 MB)
URLs removed due to board restriction for new poster
Microprose MTG Mok's Manalink 2.0 Version.part2.rar (91.76 MB)
URLs removed due to board restriction for new poster
I've downloaded this, put the folder into C:\Magic and used the save then load trick to keep it fullscreen. Many thanks to all involved. I got into MTG back in the days of The Dark used to love playing Shandalar. I have an old, slow machine in the attic in part to play this since the original didn't come with any CPU scaling. My discs have been trashed since. So this was a very nice find.

My only question is: Is there a way for me to use the original artwork/sets that came with the game? I'm only interested in Shandalar and don't recognize a good portion of the artwork I'm seeing.
demarest

Postby CirothUngol » 18 Apr 2012, 12:37

Sure. Go to the MediaFire link in my signature and look in the Manalink 1.3.2 folder and Download "MtG_DotP_Manalink_132". That's the original game with only original cards and art.

If you'd like, you can also find the original Microprose CDs and other goodies in there as well.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby demarest » 18 Apr 2012, 17:15

That's perfect! Thank you :)
demarest

Postby BlazingTiger » 17 Jul 2012, 12:08

Hello everyone and thanks for the files! Finally got win98SE up and running with display drivers installed inside virtualBox. Trying to use Mok's Manalink 2.0 files but not quite sure im doing it right. Since theres the same files in each part, the files just want to replace each other. Not sure what to do here. The installation guide for Mok's that you have on this site just says to unpack them both. Any help will be much appreciated!

Remember playing the game back when i was like 12 and really miss it. Been working nonstop for the past 3 days trying to get it running on a virtual machine and an old PC my brother had.
BlazingTiger

Postby CirothUngol » 17 Jul 2012, 13:01

That's a 2-part .RAR archive. First, be sure both archives are in the same place, then just extract the 1st one.

Incidently, if you'd like a pre-fab VMWare version you can look in the MediaFire Folder under \Manalink 2.0\VMWare\ for Mok's 2.0 on Win98micro, or in \Manalink 2.x 20100109\VMWare\ for a more recent update on WinXP. Either of those work great using the VMWare Player.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby BlazingTiger » 19 Jul 2012, 16:53

Thanks all! Moks working perfectly inside win98SE in virtual box. That is until a wizard wants to take over a town when the warning screen comes up and my game goes black. The first time it got to the second warning and I saved the town. But then a new town got attacked and after the second warning for that town my game goes black. Reloaded my save and still happens after the warning. I left click right click esc enter and nothing gets rid of the darkness . Anyway to fix this? Thanks a lot for any help!
BlazingTiger

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting