It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:04

Text Size

thinking outside the box for sideboarding

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

thinking outside the box for sideboarding

Postby gmzombie » 18 Apr 2014, 19:44

So I've been thinking about this for a while and have attempted different things to see if anything would work. Now what I have come up with is this. And korath if u know anything on this maybe this can be done. I tried to run deck.exe when first game is done out of 3 that screwed up the game good. But when I started deck.exe before running magic I could adjust the deck after the first round but the game wouldn't reread the deck. Is there annything you seen while fixing this game that talked about reading the deck before the game starts? I'm thinking if we can find that code maybe it can be setup to reread the deck st every end game? They way if we sideboard it would reread the .sci file before starting..just s thought though
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Re: thinking outside the box for sideboarding

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Apr 2014, 19:53

Isn't in fact what you are asking being done in Sealed Game mode but with more cards as a sideboard.But what you ask being able to modify your deck between games is already done.Maybe try to find where that piece of code is in the game to try to apply it to other modes as well.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 19 Apr 2014, 15:24

yea dude you are correct. i just tried that sealed game last night. i think though the code will have to looked at since when it goes into the deck builder it dosent allow to save the deck and how would it know which cards are for the sideboard and which are not unless the deck is edited before the first game and second game

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby gmzombie » 17 May 2016, 00:31

Korath or Gargaroz have you came across any of this code while doing upgrades and additions from anything recent? I still feel like this would be easy to add in but probably not as easy as it would seem. Just thinking.

gmzombie

Postby Korath » 17 May 2016, 01:10

My current project is reverse-engineering deckdll.dll, which is the biggest thing blocking us from adding cards after Shadows over Innistrad. That should make it feasible to do something with sideboarding, not to mention a cleaner implementation of draft. I don't currently plan to do anything with either myself, though.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 17 May 2016, 05:02

Korath I am a bit confused,don't we have source code of Moks deckdll.dll?
unless we kept using Snacko's (for which I don't know if we have the source code but I will search if needed)one if I recall correctly.Or something else is going on.

Moks deckdll source and dll. :
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6150&p=80345#p80345

edit: I didn't remember that deckdll.dll was from the original game.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 17 May 2016, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: strikethrough wrong assumption-edit
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 17 May 2016, 15:32

That's not source, it's assembly. (And I already had it, but thanks.) It does have names assigned to most of the functions and data, which is a big step, but it's only about 20% of what's needed.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 21 May 2016, 15:35

Korath wrote:My current project is reverse-engineering deckdll.dll, which is the biggest thing blocking us from adding cards after Shadows over Innistrad. That should make it feasible to do something with sideboarding, not to mention a cleaner implementation of draft. I don't currently plan to do anything with either myself, though.
Fair enough just thought id bring it up as we have had alot of changes since this was talked about last :D

gmzombie

Return to Development