It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:17

Text Size

Autotargetting - Volunteer Needed

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Autotargetting - Volunteer Needed

Postby aww1979 » 22 Aug 2009, 02:28

Are there any instances of cards where you might cast a card, it gets autoaimed at a target, and the opponent responds with something that would make you regret the autotarget feature? I'm trying to think of an example offhand but I can't.

Because of some of the more esoteric rules regarding timing and targeting and the stack and stuff, I don't think this would ever be an issue except possibly with countermagic, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case I'm wrong.
aww1979
Tester

Re: Autotargetting - Volunteer Needed

Postby Salbei » 23 Aug 2009, 08:29

i´m through with the target human part.took a lot longer than expected.starting with the target ai stuff now , gonna take quite some time.
i should be through with everything about wednesday. // done now

it is working great so far.
i´ve saved the(TargetsHuman.dck) deckfile.then renamed the file to TargetsHuman.txt. - removed the upper part and copied it into the game folder (/magic).so far it is working flawless.i´m still testing it for eventual bugs.

you have to edit your config file to
SmartTarget:1

then all cards inside that file are going to look for the only legal targets.if they should target your permanents or yourself put the cards inside the TargetsHuman.txt file - if they should target your opponents permanents or the opponent himself put it into the TargetsAI.txt.

like in his example . you doubleclick ancestral recall and directly draw 3 cards (without having to target yourself). i´ve also tried this with jace and some equipment (targets the only creature that belongs to you that it could equip). i´m really impressed.

great job so far jatill !

this will speed up a lot of games.cards like millstone get less annoying to use :)

->edit:added complete file (targetai+targethuman).copy/paste the txt file in the "/targetai/suggested" and "targethuman/suggested" to you magic folder ("/magic") and activate smart targeting.

i´m still finetuning the lists.

to make it clear what this does:
whenever you are asked to target a permanent/player and the card is in either targetai.txt or the targethuman.txt the game WILL save you the click and directly cast the spell.
example:
AI at 3 life,AI got no creatures in play. you play incinerate. the game will autotarget your opponent.
AI at 3 life,AI got a gorilla shaman in play. you play incinerate. the game will let you choose your target as usual.

as long as there is just one legal target the game will autotarget it(given by the txt files).if there are 2 valid targets the game will let you choose as usual.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to Development