It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:13

Text Size

Free slot for Zendikar cards

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Would you sacrifice "the Dark" slot to be used for Zendikar expansion only?

Yes, I agree: it would me more comfortable.
93%
No, I want Dark cards to be a stand-alone and Zendikar to be merged with Astral cards.
7%

Total votes : 15

Free slot for Zendikar cards

Postby 0rion79 » 17 Oct 2009, 11:20

Historically, the Legends have always been the main reference expansion for Fallen Empires and the Dark, as Ice Age have been for Homelands and Alliances or Mirages for Weatherlight and Visions, and so on. So, the idea is to move all Fallen Empires and the Dark cards into the Legends expansion, since these sets are not fully developed anyway (while Unlimited, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, and 8th Edition are).

This would grant a free slot for Zendikar expansion, that would be a stand-alone both in the Deck Editor and in the sealed deck mode. Of course, the Dark and Fallen Empires cards would still be playable in sealed deck games together with Legends.

Consider it as a temporary solution that can be reverted in future: as far as I know, until now there is no known way to create new sets in our deeply-congested deck builder. Even more, more order would grant a greater comfort while browsing among new cards and building our decks.
0rion79

Re: Free slot for Zendikar cards

Postby drekonja » 17 Oct 2009, 17:57

I think is better the first way. We can still store older versions on our disk, and depending what we want to play. I'd prefer to play mostly with newer cards now, I played enough with older ones.
drekonja

Postby Salbei » 17 Oct 2009, 18:09

you can have both. -> Version Switcher
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 18 Oct 2009, 07:10

Salbei wrote:you can have both. -> Version Switcher
Too much to read :mrgreen: Can you tell us in short what the switcher does?

Anyway, I can apply the change to the CSV in less than 30 minutes, if Jatill allows me to do so.
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 18 Oct 2009, 09:33

0rion79 wrote:
Salbei wrote:you can have both. -> Version Switcher
Too much to read :mrgreen: Can you tell us in short what the switcher does?

Anyway, I can apply the change to the CSV in less than 30 minutes, if Jatill allows me to do so.
to keep it short : it patches the game / artwork for you . I´ve included version 20091014 and 20091016 in this.
(it is planned to use 2 different patches anyway)

i´m still writing on this so there will be a few other versions with different features soon.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 19 Oct 2009, 06:32

This is a very good news, but I'm talking about changing the CSV file and deck builder.
Anyway, if Jatill allows me, I'll apply the change in less than 30 minutes (once you provide me a full list of Fallen Empires and Zendikar cards coded until now).
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 19 Oct 2009, 06:54

This is how you can browse through the zen cards in the meantime :

Uncheck the every edition, just leave "Fourth Edition Cards" checked.
Rightclick and uncheck Unlimited and Revised.
should look like this:

The Deckbuilder will now only show you cards from Zendikar.

If you want to put basic lands into your deck then check "Unlimited" again and they will show up.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 19 Oct 2009, 06:59

I don't understand the meaning of this. Personally, I don't think it is a good solution but is just polluting basic set.
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 19 Oct 2009, 10:57

there are going to be 2 patches with 2 different cardpools.

as soon as the bugs for zen are fixed jatill will include a switcher for them (prolly better than mine, but thats not too hard to do :P )

jatill wrote:patch 2 is not just Zendikar, it's "limited". So I am leaving in all the other "complete" sets so you can play them too. Sealed with Alpha-Zen-Zen might be fun! But there's still room for at least 3 more sets (though the only other packs I might replace are 5th edition and chronicles).
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Yaki » 19 Oct 2009, 13:10

Just a question.. it's a bit related.. If I got it right:

All new cards (with the 20091014 version that includes about 50 Zens) are in the "Other" and "Astral" slots?

With version 20091016 all new cards will be in "Other", "Astral" and "4th edition(Zendikar)"?

Btw. where can I find more information about slots and new cards from Moks changes onwards? Do the "Astral" and "Other" slots hold only new cards or the old ones too - how to distinguish old 4th edition from the new ones?
Yaki

Postby jatill » 19 Oct 2009, 14:40

Yaki wrote:Just a question.. it's a bit related.. If I got it right:

All new cards (with the 20091014 version that includes about 50 Zens) are in the "Other" and "Astral" slots?

With version 20091016 all new cards will be in "Other", "Astral" and "4th edition(Zendikar)"?
Correct

Yaki wrote:Btw. where can I find more information about slots and new cards from Moks changes onwards? Do the "Astral" and "Other" slots hold only new cards or the old ones too - how to distinguish old 4th edition from the new ones?
The "Other/Astral" slot holds only new cards. In the "best of" patch (I'm inventing new terminology here), 4th edition is 4th edition. In the "limited/zendikar" patch, 4th edition is Zendikar.

I wonder if we can edit the pack images to show 4th Edition as Zendikar for that patch. has anyone ever tried to edit the pack pictures?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 19 Oct 2009, 14:42

I don't see much advantage of merging legends with dark and fallen empires, especially in the "limited" patch. If I want to play Legends sealed, I don't want cards from the dark in there.

Also, it doesn't help to stick Zendikar cards into The Dark's spot, since you can only do sealed deck with Core Set starters, so to be able to do Zendikar sealed, I need to replace a core set with Zendikar.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 19 Oct 2009, 17:39

I have just shared my alternative solution in a new thread, since I'm very stubborn :P
Anyway, it is just something that I did for myself and that I'm sharing for the ones that have may own tastes. It is discondinued: it means I will (most likely) not udpate it at every new release.

It is just based on Jatill's best-of set and not on the "full Zendikar" one.
0rion79

Return to Development