It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:03

Text Size

More Art Mod Opportunities

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: More Art Mod Opportunities

Postby jatill » 30 Oct 2009, 12:09

mathusalem wrote:you know that red button is really ennoying me ? ok I thought I noticed what was wrong, Fixed it, and wow it's all jittery ! Geez !

about the shell box, I think what may be wrong is the the x coordinate are not exctly the same as they should be : i noticed that for example the red button is off when it is animated, i.e. when the animated pic takes over, it is not exactly on the right spot.

I thought that since the game has a border (the white blue frame) maybe that moves all the x values by one or two pixels.
Can't you update the bmp to take this into account? I.e. shift it the appropriate number of pixels? Sorry If I'm being stupid and that makes no sense in real life :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 30 Oct 2009, 14:30

it is fixed ! :) check out the small download in my last post (ow it was about the border...sorry .... I'll think about it :?

ok here is the versus box ! :)

mathusalem

Postby jatill » 30 Oct 2009, 14:39

Nice. Well, good news for you. I was able to figure out Spiritmonger. It was very tricky to make all 3 abilities work together, but I think I got it. So if someone wants to prepare the art for 857, it'll be in the next version. That version will be released shortly after the final art issue is resolved :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 30 Oct 2009, 14:50

Very beautiful :) At least, a dream coming true!
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 30 Oct 2009, 17:28

jatill wrote:Nice. Well, good news for you. I was able to figure out Spiritmonger. It was very tricky to make all 3 abilities work together, but I think I got it. So if someone wants to prepare the art for 857, it'll be in the next version. That version will be released shortly after the final art issue is resolved :)
Ow Big boy ! it's gonna be all right now, you'll be home soon, big boy, gooooood boy, gooooood boy :D :D big bad kitty Spiritmonging darling of mine ! :D

Now the slight displacement issue. i thought about it...well first I can't just slide the pixels on the bmp, I would have had to remake the whole animation, because I would have had to displace the buttons on their respective background. but actually that doesn't matter because I think it's just a coordinate issue. I don't know how it is to tweak these but I think it's goona be a lot less of a hassle than changing the whole animaton for the buttons. and anyway I don't know exactly how many pixels I would have to shift.
It's just that the xy values don't exactly match the ones that Fireworks gave me, but apprently it's just a question of a few pixels. Actually I would try giving X 10 less and y 10 more.(after running the anime a few times y is also displaced.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 30 Oct 2009, 17:48

Now I'm confused, and wondering if we're talking about the same thing. I'm not worried about any animations. What bothers me is what I show in this image. The 2 halves of the 'N' don't line up correctly once I click any of the buttons.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Juzam Djinn » 30 Oct 2009, 18:24

jatill wrote:So if someone wants to prepare the art for 857, it'll be in the next version.
Here is the art for the Monger (I like this guy):

0857.jpg (Original art)

and 0857A.jpg (Grand Prix promo)

EDIT:

I just tested the new versus box and in my oppinion the text below the images of the players is hard to read on the structured background. Maybe the strukture could be a little bit softer or in a different colour.
"Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." - Ouallada
Juzam Djinn

Postby mathusalem » 30 Oct 2009, 18:37

hmmmm.... ok
What is strage is that on my screen there is a slight missmatch but in the other direction (horizontaly) I made both images exactly the same size as the originals and in the same position.........
what I can think of is that the original images may have had the same issue but since they have very little graphic detail, it doesnt show.

I don't know.... what to do at the moment.
mathusalem

Postby Juzam Djinn » 30 Oct 2009, 19:03

It seems that the shellbox image jumps little bit to the left if you click a button. When you check the positions of the close / minimise / fullscreen buttons of both original images they are both at the same position so I think it has nothing to do with the graphic details of the images.
"Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." - Ouallada
Juzam Djinn

Postby jatill » 30 Oct 2009, 19:07

mathusalem wrote:I don't know.... what to do at the moment.
can you play around with taking the shellbox image and adding an extra pixel of art to the top and/or left side? I'd try myself but my editor of choice is paintbrush :)

btw, is there a french word for and/or? Or would you use et/ou?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 30 Oct 2009, 19:56

yeah, and/or would translate to et/ou :)

no it would be hard to just play around. I would have to redo the whole thing if I had to move the buttons around.(note that this wouldn't happen on a modern game where transparency exixts)
ok, to explain, here is my modus operandi :

first I use a non flattened version of the image and open it in fireworks, cut the area where the button will be (this is the step where I can check th xy value.)
and make one version of the button without the button (for transparency) and one with the button, to be able to put the said button in the right place.
Then I open the files with no buttons in Photoshop, and use the buttoned version with transparency to put a button wth no background in the right place, I se this layered and cropped version to make the final animation.
Then i make each still for the animation with those documents
make another document with the differant stills of the animation
flatten to make a bmp.

so sliding a single pixel makes me go back to step one, and I need to be sure exactly one which pixel i am befor starting, with those ancient buttons there is no other way.

so in case of extreme necessity, I will redo the whole process, but otherwise I think it is more logical to toy with the coordinates : logicallky the buttons will fit. it's just that the game and Firworks don't see exactly the same coordinates..... but it's close

just for the record, fireworks uses y = 0 for the top pixel and x = 0 for the leftmost pixel.
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 30 Oct 2009, 22:31

just curious if it is only me or not did you guys finish up the other cords for the other buttons cause i can only get the red one to match..the other ones are still in big circle format...one thing i did notice besides the manalink area where jatill already pointed out is that the buttons background is just about maybe oone or 2 pixels lower that where they start...good job on the not getting the background to move...this is looking sweet.anyways im sure you already know that but i wasent sure if it was me...cause i like to edit this artwork and such too. One thing that i always hated about the choosing the booster and starter decks is it almost always picked the same 4th edition pack...ie no dark, legends, etc. now that you figured out the background and certainly when this is completed id be more than willing to try and test the boosters if you give me the general idea on how to do it. im not saying i can do it but i have been known to find out how or find stuff like the bmp files in the assembly...i can be useful sometimes lol
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby jatill » 02 Nov 2009, 13:34

Mathusalem-
No messing with buttons is needed, I promise :) Only the Shellbox needs to be updated. If I slide that image one pixel to the right and one down, the boxes line up properly. Of course, now there would be 1 pixel of white on the top and left of the box, which we don't want. So instead, the image needs to be copied from shellscreen to get an extra pixel of art. Is that clear? I am sure this will work, I just don't have the proper software to copy and paste a bmp at a specific pixel.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 02 Nov 2009, 15:27

Hmmmm ok.... I.....see.

hmmm, yeah it should work with no seams. :)
mathusalem

Postby mathusalem » 02 Nov 2009, 15:47

mathusalem

PreviousNext

Return to Development