It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:21

Text Size

New Card Frames

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

New Card Frames

Postby Skeletoy77 » 24 Oct 2009, 14:16

Hello all, just signed up for the forums, been lurking for a while.

I wanted to see if there is any interest in changing the card frames to the newer style. I know some may like the old style but I did some testing with the graphics and it doesn't seem too hard to pull off. I had to do some stretching here and there to make the areas for the text line up, but I don't think it will be hard. If there is any interest in this please reply.

Side note: thanks for everyone's support in this project and I hope to be able to contribute one way or another.
Skeletoy77

Re: New Card Frames

Postby Salbei » 24 Oct 2009, 14:35

sure, just post your stuff in here.
(a ingame screenshot of the results would be great)

i would include it into the Manalink Graphic Pack if it works.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 24 Oct 2009, 16:18

personally I hate the new card frame. One thing I like in manalink is the new cards with the old card frame
mathusalem

Postby monopoman » 24 Oct 2009, 22:43

I would like the option of new card frames while I wasn't a big fan when they came out after a while you get used to them as long as you never stop playing.

So it would be a nice feature for me and I'm sure for others if they looked good.
monopoman

Postby 0rion79 » 25 Oct 2009, 06:44

I agree with Mathusalem but, as long as they are optional, I think that there is nothing bad in it.

Instead, if possible, I would enjoy to see the rarity icon between the card art and the text. It would a nice addition in Sealed Decks to understand what a player has found. But it would probably need a deeper understanding of the exe that actually we don't have.
0rion79

Postby Skeletoy77 » 25 Oct 2009, 09:05

Rarity symbols as well as set symbols would be awesome, but I'm not sure if there is a way to point the cards to frame art besides the default one. Modifying the original is the easy part, but I'm no programmer so I don't know a whole lot about how they are implemented per each card.
Skeletoy77

Postby gmzombie » 27 Oct 2009, 23:57

if i remember the original set symbols were on the default card of that set ala dark.pic legends.pic and so on. they are not in the exe anymore as mok removed them when he started to redo the pics...i dunno how to add them back in either...
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Skeletoy77 » 31 Oct 2009, 04:54

Small update, here is a screenshot of what I have one of the lands looking like. It's somewhat of a hybrid of the old and new frame style. The only way I will be able to use the complete new style without it looking horrible is to move the card text a bit(i.e. Swamp, Basic Land - Swamp.)To get the text lined up with the new style I have to move the "text bars" all the way to the edges and it doesn't look quite right. Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments? Concerns?

Skeletoy77

Return to Development