It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:41

Text Size

Possible bug

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Possible bug

Postby kakodrilo » 27 Apr 2010, 03:31

Hi guys,

I have noticed that (at least in the gaunlet-challenge mode) there is no mana burn. I tried during unkeep and there was no mana burn.

I have not played in a long time so I do not know 100% how the rules are at the moment. Or maybe I accidentally started playing in a "cheating mode" (does this exist?).

I hope this helps

Cheers
Kakodrilo
kakodrilo

Re: Possible bug

Postby aww1979 » 27 Apr 2010, 04:56

Sometime since the year 2000 (when I stopped buying cards) WotC removed the mana burn rule. At the end of a phase, your mana pool is still emptied, just you don't lose life from it. I think this was done in an effort to try not to confuse n00bs. Anyway, Jatill (or somebody) changed the program to match the current rules for this.

In case you haven't come across it yet, when I found this project, I was also baffled by the new legends rule. The original rule was a new copy of a legend would be buried if there was already one in play. Now, both are buried. That's intentional too, in keeping with more modern rules.

(edit again) Oh, and there is a cheating mode (debug mode) where you can do stuff like alter life, draw free cards, put any card into play, bury anything, etc, but it has nothing to do with the removal of mana burn.
aww1979
Tester

Return to Development