It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:03

Text Size

Documentation-Manalink.csv-Manalink.ct_all sorted by values

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Documentation-Manalink.csv-Manalink.ct_all sorted by values

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Dec 2012, 14:47

I was trying to understand better the values in Manalink.csv and now in ct_all.csv and without having any coding skills what I could do was compare the values of the cards and make tests through trial and error of how original cards work like Mok said,too.
To do this I needed a Manalink.csv and a ct_all.csv that has the original values of the cards (I compared different csv and adopted the one from the 2000 no more beta as values were adopted by Mok files?)and know which cards were coded by Microprose and as I decided later also cards that were coded by Mok as some fields-functions were added by Mok and only cards coded by Mok and later had values there.I was helped to gather this info by people of our community which I want to thank.
I have made a Manalink.csv and which has only originally cards and (the ones never coded by Microprose but were in the exe as entries whose values are not to be take into consideration) and the ones coded by Mok and a ct_all.csv which has only originally cards and Mok ones.
I hope I have correct estimations (searched and tested the best I could) about which cards Mok has coded.If anyone else has coded any of these cards please tell me so,to correct it.

Then to make it easy I made Manalink.csv files and ct_all.csv files by category-value to group all cards that have the same values together and make comparisons easier.

We already have a good understanding on many fields and decent to others thanks to the great work done by a lot of great guys but some need better understanding.I hope what I have gathered together to be of some help.

I attach the zip.file containing these if it is of any interest to someone else.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u6su91y83dajpi7

In the ID field before the number I have made clear which cards weren't originally coded with "not.or" and "Mok" for those coded by Mok.

At least from my comparisons and tests safe conclusions can't be taken at all from not originally coded cards that are in the lists so don't pay any attention to them.I regretted I left them in the csv lists but it was a lot of work to remove them later.
I have found better and more reliable approach to make comparisons only of the cards made by Microprose first and see what can be deducted and then see what Mok cards can tell me (even Mok made mistakes) if original cards have no values in a field then of course deduct conclusions from Mok cards.

For instance for the "counts as Green","counts as Red","counts as Blue","count as White","count as Black" fields of the Manalink.csv only few original cards had values there and the 2 out of 3 for each field has are the same Sleight of Mind and Alchor's Tomb were in all the only other card was the equivalent of Purelace for each colour.Only by looking at these cards you understand that the correct meaning of the field is "this card makes a card or a text on the card a certain colour"
Mok later put there the entries of the gold cards he coded but from my tests the cards work good for player and AI and are considered that colour for cards that seek that colour even if you erase the values on those fields.

Edit. Stassy sorry for double-posting
I finally decided to post this on it's own maybe it will have some more attention and be of some help.
I most certainly think it can help for better understanding of how cards or AI should be valued at least till the day that all code is transferred to C but for now that day is not so close.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Development