It is currently 05 May 2024, 05:47

Text Size

any way to unlock annoying challenge cards???

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

any way to unlock annoying challenge cards???

Postby stuffdogg » 12 Jul 2010, 20:42

this has probably been ask before but are the challenges optional. Are there any cheats to unlock them all. ???? Please...
Last edited by stuffdogg on 16 Jul 2010, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
stuffdogg

Re: any way to unlock annoying challange cards???

Postby stassy » 13 Jul 2010, 04:08

They are optional because you can just play with the new cards available and not the locked ones.

You can also use the challenge winner decks in the Deck and Strategy section.
stassy

Postby stuffdogg » 13 Jul 2010, 05:43

that stinks, I will check out those decks but I just wanted to build a charbelcher deck but i dont have all year to beat it's challenge to unlock. I wanted to use a few other locked cards in the deck as well :( Are you shure there is no patch to unlock.

(((((Re: My2000 2.0 (beta)

Postby jatill » 30 Jun 2010, 15:30

astanix wrote:After installing this, all of my challenges now say unlocked.

Congrats :) Yeah, that version of code has everything unlocked, so enjoy it until the next release.

jatill))))

???What are they talking about???
stuffdogg

Postby stassy » 13 Jul 2010, 06:27

In the Tournament deck jatill released a special unlock all version for those who didn't unlock all the cards yet and played in the tournament, although next update it will be back as locked.

Once you use the right deck in Challenge, it's really easy, especially for the charbelcher challenge :)
stassy

Postby aww1979 » 13 Jul 2010, 07:02

For most of the challenges, you can beat one challenge in an evening or two of play. There's a few that are *really* hard, and most of the hard ones have weaker cards, like Super Mulligan is hard but only has Rout.

The one to unlock goblin charbelcher requires all your spells to cost 4 mana or more. One way to approach that challenge would be to look at spells that have a high casting cost but can be 'cheated' into play faster, like Frogmite, Myr Enforcer, Tombstalker, Force of Will, and that kind of thing.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 13 Jul 2010, 07:56

I beat that challenge with a jund deck on my first go, I accidentally started it I went through it on my first try. The challenges might seem hard and it might seem unfair that some cards are locked but if it weren't for Jatill the only kind of magic any of use could be playing on are computers would be the original game with its limited card pool, so when Jatill makes a challenge, we just say bring it on :)

Edit: Deleted suspicious bot post below by stassy
Cognis
Tester

Postby discoransom » 13 Jul 2010, 08:52

ah man you gotta suffer like the rest of us! I was seriously hating the challenges for a long time, but the juice is worth the squeeze. Decks and strategy section will give you plenty of direction
discoransom

Postby stuffdogg » 13 Jul 2010, 23:54

errrrr i won like 8 or 9 in a row on the belcher challenge with a sneak, tooth, emrakul deck then got manna screwed and got beat down on turn 5 by white weenie!! now that's annoying!!!! How many you gotta win on this challenge before it unlocks???

where do I get that Tournament deck jatill released??
I found an old link in the forum to the download, but it did not unlock. Someone has to have a copy still. Anyone kind enough to send me a copy?? You guys may have time for this but I can't stay up till 3am every night trying to unlock these things, I got to run a business! lol. hmmm... Maybe I can get my son to do it for me, Mwaa Ha Ha!
stuffdogg

Postby thedrigo » 14 Jul 2010, 07:42

Dude, the challenges keep this game alive. If you don't wanna beat them, play with the cards that are free and just forget about the locked ones. Otherwise, man up and put your skills to the test... The rest of us who beat the challenges did.
thedrigo

Postby stassy » 14 Jul 2010, 10:17

You will unlock the card after approx the 11th duel in a Challenge
stassy

Postby stuffdogg » 14 Jul 2010, 18:09

thedrigo wrote:Dude, the challenges keep this game alive. If you don't wanna beat them, play with the cards that are free and just forget about the locked ones. Otherwise, man up and put your skills to the test... The rest of us who beat the challenges did.
Well sorry guys but I'm a cheater... I got Them all unlocked by installing the latest my2000 deck editor (beta) version.
Sorry you all had to unlock them manually, sounds like you had fun though. Like I said some people don't have time for that. For all you "anti-unlockers" if it makes you feel any better, my son had me install the locked version on his computer so he can unlock them. He is up for the challenge! He also has a lot more time than I do too lol :)

Thanks to the developer your work is appreciated greatly! I'll be sure to report any bugs i encounter.
stuffdogg

Postby jatill » 14 Jul 2010, 18:37

As long as you never want new cards, that's cool. But every new version will have the cards locked again.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 14 Jul 2010, 23:38

Well people that code new cards (Jatill mostly) are also spending a lot of their free time to code new cards, I can understand that somebody might want all the cards, I wanted them too when I started, but the strategy section is full of decks that can easily beat them. Point is, the coders are keeping this game alive and they know first hand how hard it is to make new cards out of nothing. For instance, I believe that Jatill spent more time coding Bloodbraid Elf than an average player will spend unlocking it.
Cognis
Tester

Postby stuffdogg » 15 Jul 2010, 01:43

Don't get me wrong I like the ideal of the challenges its just not very fun to me having to win 11 in a row. 2-5 games a night and I'm done! time for bed. LOL

Just a thought or my opinion, suggestion whatever... why not make some of the challenges well, more challenging and less time consuming? Win ONE time against a very strong deck with a very limited deck kind of thing.
stuffdogg

Postby thedrigo » 15 Jul 2010, 05:27

stuffdogg wrote:Just a thought or my opinion, suggestion whatever... why not make some of the challenges well, more challenging and less time consuming? Win ONE time against a very strong deck with a very limited deck kind of thing.
When you start adding to the game yourself, you can make your own rules.
thedrigo

Next

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges