It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:57

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui - Windows app to search MTG cards and build de

Postby aidscoi168 » 23 Mar 2017, 06:16

The program will crash if you zoom a card dont have artwork. i know this still beta test for artworks but you can note other users about that.
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 23 Mar 2017, 07:02

Also can we avoid the rule apply chamfer corner for artwork type of images
The program will crash if you zoom a card dont have artwork
fixed, re-uploaded.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 23 Mar 2017, 08:44

Reduced loading zoom/artwork delay after program startup to almost 0
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 23 Mar 2017, 13:58

I know that more specific in filter will get better result ( Artist, Set code ..ect ) that why i put " act of treason " in the artwork folder to test if program read the attribute good or not. After use string filter and apply show duplicates, the card images result is perfect ( the image show exact version with setcode if we ) but if i zoom to check the artwork ( that be set to test ) the result is wrong ( not match the artwork for the card ). I'm not sure how the program bias just the name of card for main priority of artwork show result or combine all other infomations like artist and setcode to get the right artwork. Can we make the app auto use all infomation of the result in json file to find right artwork with artist and setcode set ?
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 23 Mar 2017, 14:51

I actually use both set code and artist name to sort artworks with matching card name. Matching set code has higher priority than matching artist name.

To be more specific. I first order sets. Then within each set the images are ordered.

Ordering sets:
1. First go a set with matching set code
2. Then set codes that have card variant with matching artist
3. Then all other sets from new to old
Ordering images whithin set:
1. If the set is matching - show first the card with matchign number go first (only relevant for cards like basic lands, 99.9% of other cards have no number)
2. If the set is matching - show after matching number (if any) the card with matching artist
3. If the set is not matching - show first the card with matching artist
4. Other cards are shown in card number order (plains1, 2, and so on)

My questions:
* Have you noticed some sorting artwork results different from described above? If yes tell more specifically what card gave the wrong artwork selection order. Specify the set code and the name.
* Or do you think the sorting described above can be replaced with better algorithm? If yes, what is the better algorithm?
Last edited by hidalgo on 24 Mar 2017, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 23 Mar 2017, 17:53

Just test with my "Act of Treason" you will see ( or maybe just my PC have this problem, not sure because we don't have other user talk about their problem this version ).
First time i test, of course the artwork show wrong but still have all 3 version of artwork, the second test later i even can't find artwork by Min Yum ( the Tiger one ). Even when i try to just search by artist name ( lead to just have a result of Act of Treason card ) but the artwork by Matt Stewart still show first ( in result of Min Yum and Eric ), then when we scroll the artwork by Eric after that ( no artwork of Min Yum appear ).

I'm sure the card images show in result have good algorithm ( Just need to manage to have Folder with Setcode right, name of card right then the result never wrong ). But maybe the function of reading attribute in artwork image is not effective or atleast if we have 3 artwork with same name the program will confuse.

i just take another test with add number to artwork then all 3 artwork appear but in this order ( art of Eric ( no add number ) -> art of Min Yum ( number 1 ) -> art of Matt Stewart ( number 2 ) )

Other test is make folder with setcode for each artwork, result still as above.

The last test i keep the folder but remove number, now artwork just show version of Matt Stewart. thats weird.

The purpose of 3 artwork before this version release i want to test how program read attribute of file, look like something wrong, even make folder with setcode and add number to the name still can't help program choose the right one.
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 24 Mar 2017, 02:04

Thanks for details!
Fixed two bugs in attributes-reading coode. Checked artwork selection in zoom for Act Of Treason card, it is now matching the small non-zoomed image. Re-uploaded the program with the same version.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 24 Mar 2017, 13:05

Hi, i guess currently the artwork frame is limited by Height, Can we change to limited by width ? Because lot of artworks have full art version which is vertical ratio, limited by width will make the full artwork frame bigger and normal artwork stay the same.
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 24 Mar 2017, 19:30

I wondering if the algorithm for card result is same as artwork ? I mean if i set artist, setcode attribute for basic land card image (LQ), adding number for result(LQ), zoom image(MQ) and artwork to fit and program can see them as individual image and can show right artwork. I'm testing with naming artwork for basic lands with artwork of Adam Paquette and the result really good, just result image and artwork for KLD swamp lands not be manage right the way i think. The artwork folder already sync to mega and i attach the test image(LQ) for KLD swamp lands here.
Attachments
KLD - Kaladesh. lq starter deck cards.rar
(304.02 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 24 Mar 2017, 21:52

Okay, i made other test and it work, just create new folder inside the folder have setcode and move 1 swamp into that folder then program recognize 2 different cards and show the right artwork.
Not alway in the same set one artist make all the basic lands so it's not a bigdeal. take KLD as example, we got 2 forest lands draw by Christine Choi, 2 plains lands draw by John Avon, 2 swamp by Adam Paquette so just move 3 different lands into the sub folder ( of course add number if needed to fit with artwork in artist folder ) and other in the main folder. Other basic lands by different artists can be separate by add numbers.
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 24 Mar 2017, 22:54

So as the test result, my theory about add number to card name and move into different folders ( for 2 or more cards of the same basic land, same artist and same setcode ) is true ( hope in the future the program can treat each images as individual after add number so we don't have manually make new folder..ect ). This KLD test have wrong order of image as i manually add number to card's name myself but i figure out which order Wotc and mtgjson add to their data so in the future, naming for basic lands on each set will be easy
Attachments
2.png
fix the order by add number
Untitled.png
First test
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 25 Mar 2017, 07:21

I wondering if the algorithm for card result is same as artwork
I tried reading file attributes for non-artwork images in hope to keep the same code for choosing artworks and normal images. Unfortunatlely it is too slow - reading attributes for 30.000 images takes ~30 seconds.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 25 Mar 2017, 07:33

Hi, i guess currently the artwork frame is limited by Height, Can we change to limited by width ?
It is limited by a rectangle 1024x768. The result is shrinked to fit to it wy both width and height.

I changed the frame to make it use all screen height, enjoy :)
Last edited by hidalgo on 26 Mar 2017, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 25 Mar 2017, 07:53

This KLD test have wrong order of image as i manually add number to card's name myself but i figure out which order Wotc and mtgjson add to their data so in the future, naming for basic lands on each set will be easy
You can see AllSets-x.json to figure out which card number (plains1, 2) is bound to which Artist

1. Set <DatafilesPostprocessing HumanReadableSetsFile="True" /> in the config. Otherwise it will be hard to read. Start Mtgdb.Gui and wait some 30 seconds. By this time AllSets-x.json is already rewritten.

2. Open the file, find your card by name and set code and see the "ImageName" field. It will be exactly "plains1", "plains2" and so on.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 25 Mar 2017, 07:57

Thanks you for new version. Don't worry about the algorithm, the data file already has it's rule for name image in the order ( xxx/number of card in set ) so i don't need to make new folder if same artist make different artworks for same kind of land in same set.
aidscoi168

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers