It is currently 23 May 2024, 07:13

Text Size

Installation Guide

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Installation Guide

Postby jatill » 22 Jul 2010, 17:44

Is there a reference somewhere that tells me how to install the game and then apply the patches?
I scanned the forums and the wiki but couldn't find that. I found lots of releases, but I don't know what to do with them. Sorry if I'm being dense.

Is a Steam install the way to go, or is there an alternative?

I found the link to mod the game:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/How_t ... lock_decks

Where do I find the file Data_Core.wad?

Thanks
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Installation Guide

Postby Yanna » 22 Jul 2010, 19:38

Hello Jatill !

The usual installation mode of DOTP 2010 is via steam (game costs less than 15€ with expansion).

Thought i would suggest not to mod steam versions, as you could face a steam ban for it.
There are other non-steam versions around (hint : SKIDROW) but I can't provide a link.

Once you have DOTP installed, you will find *.WAD files at the root of the game folder. These WAD files can be unpacked with the utilities provided in the wiki link, so you can edit files in them.

DLC releases are independant and should be put at the root folder where the WAD files resides. You could leave original WAD files untouched and play with new DLCs, Though to see new decks you would need to 'erase' any profile previously created at game launch.

Don't hesitate to post in here if something doesn't go like it should be ^^
Yanna

Re: Installation Guide

Postby Uresti » 23 Jul 2010, 08:42

Wow! the Mastermind behind Microprose updates came to visit us :)

As Yanna said the DLCs are independent from the game, images,cards, scripts are stored in they respecibe subdirs in the DLC_XXXX. you can pick up any of those dlcs or all of them. As we dont have an ingame editor you will end with a bunch of cards to move around the dlcs as you please.
Dont forget to move your original wads if you plan to play with them uncompressed
Uresti

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers