It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:24

Text Size

Unlocking Magic 2014 Promo Cards without the Promo Codes

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Unlocking Magic 2014 Promo Cards without the Promo Codes

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Jul 2013, 17:49

WoodworK wrote:I can't work out how to unpack the data decks file..
You drag "DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD" onto "Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SirFunchalot » 04 Jul 2013, 18:14

I have successfully unpacked the .xml files, changed all of the game=2 to 0, updated the steam ID in the deck section, purchased all of the deck unlocks, and yet all I see is 30/30 when I go to edit the decks. Even though I repacked the files into a new WAD file with the same name and replaced it in my alternate folder for m14. Help?
SirFunchalot

Postby WoodworK » 04 Jul 2013, 18:39

RiiakShiNal wrote:
WoodworK wrote:I can't work out how to unpack the data decks file..
You drag "DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD" onto "Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe".
Thanks but i did it the long way in the end haha now im getting your opponents deck differs to yours online
WoodworK

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Jul 2013, 18:59

WoodworK wrote:Thanks but i did it the long way in the end haha now im getting your opponents deck differs to yours online
Once you've unlocked and gotten all the unlocks to save to your profile you go back to the original file (without the modifications) so that you can play online.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 05 Jul 2013, 14:57

adding a promo, saving the deck and then going back in and removing the promo and saving again for all decks has gotten rid of that error for me. The you can just go back and all the cards you want and will not see the error again.
NEMESiS

Postby Jahck37 » 07 Jul 2013, 05:01

Is there a way to get this to work for the xbox? I can extract the WAD file and do everything else from there but once I have everything changed I cant Inject it back in... Any help would be great guys.

EDIT: I injected the file back in with Velocity (from XboxMB) but it corrupts the game can anyone tell me what the issue is with it?
Jahck37

Postby schwaka » 07 Jul 2013, 22:06

SirFunchalot wrote:I have successfully unpacked the .xml files, changed all of the game=2 to 0, updated the steam ID in the deck section, purchased all of the deck unlocks, and yet all I see is 30/30 when I go to edit the decks. Even though I repacked the files into a new WAD file with the same name and replaced it in my alternate folder for m14. Help?
I'm having the same issue. I posted about it on the 3rd and haven't seen a reply yet. Let me know if you figure it out!
schwaka

Postby Mushroom Cap » 07 Jul 2013, 22:52

schwaka wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:I have successfully unpacked the .xml files, changed all of the game=2 to 0, updated the steam ID in the deck section, purchased all of the deck unlocks, and yet all I see is 30/30 when I go to edit the decks. Even though I repacked the files into a new WAD file with the same name and replaced it in my alternate folder for m14. Help?
I'm having the same issue. I posted about it on the 3rd and haven't seen a reply yet. Let me know if you figure it out!
I wish that I knew what to tell you guys. All I know is that it worked for me on two separate accounts, as well as for other people here. Unless you guys are doing something wrong, maybe certain progress in the game makes it not possible to get the unlocks. I really don't know. Perhaps try backing up your user profile for the game, then deleting the original, turn off steam cloud for the game, and see if you can get all 40/40 cards with a new profile. Because I know that when I have no profile and start the game with the edited WAD that it works for sure if you did everything right.
Mushroom Cap

Postby robozu » 09 Jul 2013, 12:09

hmm so everything worked fine for me. i play with 40/40 foil decks online. now and then a guy accuses me of cheating. though i'm technically not his opinion, i get his point and it lowers my mood.
so how can i reverse the process and get back to 30/30 decks?
i tried to change game mode back to 2 but nothing happened.
robozu

Postby schwaka » 10 Jul 2013, 17:36

Mushroom Cap wrote:
schwaka wrote:
I wish that I knew what to tell you guys. All I know is that it worked for me on two separate accounts, as well as for other people here. Unless you guys are doing something wrong, maybe certain progress in the game makes it not possible to get the unlocks. I really don't know. Perhaps try backing up your user profile for the game, then deleting the original, turn off steam cloud for the game, and see if you can get all 40/40 cards with a new profile. Because I know that when I have no profile and start the game with the edited WAD that it works for sure if you did everything right.
I just copied the profile file from the first post and replaced my own. I tried completely deleting magic and reinstalling it, but then it wouldn't even load with the edited wad. Copying the profile over worked 100% though.

robozu wrote:hmm so everything worked fine for me. i play with 40/40 foil decks online. now and then a guy accuses me of cheating. though i'm technically not his opinion, i get his point and it lowers my mood.
so how can i reverse the process and get back to 30/30 decks?
i tried to change game mode back to 2 but nothing happened.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata, open your folder, and delete the 213850 folder. That should fix it.
schwaka

Postby acem » 10 Jul 2013, 18:11

Hello. very good this. But what interests me is to have the cards in Foil. is what I want.
What steps need to follow to achieve this?

Also which application I can open the WAD file. Because with notepad
I see the game mode options or anything like that. Thanks and I hope your answer.
acem

Postby dualxstrike » 11 Jul 2013, 04:17

Does anything need to be downloaded if you are just extracting the folder into you're steam account folder? And my account number is under C/:documents/wizardsofthecoast/magic/2014/usernumber.
I can't find anything in my steam folder other then links to open the games.
dualxstrike

Postby acem » 12 Jul 2013, 18:25

Very grateful, I worked perfect. One question, It would possible to include the conversion Foil in that same file you uploaded "Magic 2014 - Unlocked Cards and Promos for All Decks"?
acem

Postby Mushroom Cap » 12 Jul 2013, 18:57

acem wrote:It would possible to include the conversion Foil in that same file you uploaded "Magic 2014 - Unlocked Cards and Promos for All Decks"?
The profile that I already uploaded should be sufficient for most people. If someone wants to upload a profile with the foils, than I'll add a link for it, as I would rather not go through the entire process again as it does take some time. However, you can easily unlock the foils yourself in the way that RiiakShiNal explains here.
Mushroom Cap

Postby acem » 13 Jul 2013, 01:24

With the prompt reply, but I do not appear options Decks changes, I mean when I open the file WAD_D14, if I see the texts and everything else but I do not see that option in GAME MODE, change it to 0, I hope someone to share a profile with Foil cards, are the grateful. I have a full on DOTP 2012 with foil cards, if anyone is interested. But not if it's like removing the userdata file as Magic 2014. Which recommended program to open and modify the file WAD? Thank you in advance.
acem

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers