It is currently 08 May 2024, 09:05

Text Size

How to edit your sealed deck!

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: How to edit your sealed deck!

Postby MTGPheonix » 07 Jul 2013, 23:18

Has anyone figured out if it is possible to 'unlock' the purchasable sealed slots?

I imagine the data for them is somehow there, and when we pay 2 bucks its not giving us data, just releasing a lock or altering some code for us to be granted access. Is there anyone who can do this stuff who has bought at least 1 slot and can see any differences?
MTGPheonix

Postby MTGPheonix » 07 Jul 2013, 23:35

-Solved-
Last edited by MTGPheonix on 08 Jul 2013, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
MTGPheonix

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 00:03

MTGPheonix wrote:Alrighty, trouble happened.

I looked at the hex list and decided I would just try swapping one card. The first card in my active deck was Terramorphic and I swapped its hex code with Shivan dragon, then clicked 'save'.

I loaded up MTG2014, and my entire game data was reset -- to the point that it gave me a new code for another slime, asked me how much magic I've played, etc. I didn't try to add anything, I just merely changed 2 numbers and clicked save, so what did I do wrong?

My backup file worked perfectly though, no harm done. Just confused. Was it because it was in my active deck? Was it because I swapped a common with a rare? I would just think that makes it not load or function... instead it reset everything.
It's probably because you didn't regenerate the hash stored in "hash.file".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby MTGPheonix » 08 Jul 2013, 00:28

-Solved-
MTGPheonix

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 00:39

To keep things simple put the D13Hash program, the profile, and this batch file all in the same directory:
HashMe.bat | Open
Code: Select all
D13Hash %1 hash.file
Then drag and drop the profile on the batch file and it should create a new hash.file for you.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby MTGPheonix » 08 Jul 2013, 00:51

-Solved-
MTGPheonix

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 08 Jul 2013, 00:55

How I always run this kind of file, is opening cmd (Start -> Run, or Start and type it in), then I just drag and drop all files in the cmd window at the right time.

So, in this case, I'd open cmd, drag and drop the D13Hash program in it, space, drag and drop the profile file in it, space, and type hash.file afterwards. Then click enter.

Note that you will have to search hash.file (just use Windows search, provided you deleted the old hash.file) and place it in the correct folder, as it's placed somewhere else. This can be solved by typing something else, but this is the easiest.
GamerXYZ0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 01:07

MTGPheonix wrote:=/ I know you're trying your best but I've never done anything like this before, so your 'simple' is still over my head. At this point I just feel bad asking for help, so if I'm a lost cause lemme know.
When I read "and this batch file" it makes me think there's a file I can download or something. I don't know what to do with that line of code you provided.
A batch file is just a text file with the extension ".BAT". It is just a list of commands to run on a command prompt.

To create a batch file:
  1. In Explorer right-click and select "New"->"Text Document". This should create a file named "New Text Document.txt". If you do not see the .txt extension then you need to go to Tools->Folder Options->View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".
  2. Rename the file to have a descriptive name and end with the ".bat" extension. Example: HashMe.bat
  3. Right-click on the newly named batch file and select "Edit". This should open the file in NotePad.
  4. Copy the line I provided earlier and Paste it into the file. D13Hash %1 hash.file
  5. Save. You should now have the batch file I mentioned earlier.

Once you have created the batch file you don't need to create it again each time, so this ends up being much simpler than many other methods.

MTGPheonix wrote:I made a folder on my desktop, put in the D13 hash application file, D13hash.cpp, my (randomnumbers).profile and hash.file all in the folder. I drag and drop stuff onto the D13Hash icon and my screen blips for a moment so I assume that means something happened. Is this where I'm supposed to go back and hex edit some values, click save, drop them in the D13 hash, and then move them back into the steam folder where it belongs? I'll go give it a shot I suppose.
I believe the program requires 2 parameters to run properly and create a new hash.file, dragging and dropping only provides 1 parameter so I don't think it created a new hash.file for you.

I believe dragging and dropping will do a hash of the profile and then displays the hash on the screen, but since the program then immediately exits you don't really get to see what the hash should be.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby MTGPheonix » 08 Jul 2013, 01:40

Is there any known way yet to unlock the slots after 1+2? Is it also possible to edit the 10 constructed decks? That would be tremendously stupid. What about making them all foil?
Last edited by MTGPheonix on 08 Jul 2013, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
MTGPheonix

Postby Kevashim » 08 Jul 2013, 17:40

MTGPhoenix (and anyone else interested). If it helps I can send you a copy of an Excel workbook I have made for my personal use in customising my sealed pool. At the moment it is capable of 4 main things:
Reading in a users .profile file and listing all cards in Sealed Deck 1,
Allowing the user to easily change card IDs in Deck 1 (the hex numbers) and output an updated .profile file,
Automatically generate the hash.file after updating a profile (big thanks to thefiremind for letting me include this),
Creating a new profile with 6 freshly randomised boosters.

I am planning to keep working on this to be used on both Deck 1 and Deck 2 and also to auto generate randomised boosters for 6,7,8, and 9 booster pools.
Kevashim

Postby MTGPheonix » 09 Jul 2013, 00:36

I'd be interested in taking a look at it.
Last edited by MTGPheonix on 09 Jul 2013, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
MTGPheonix

Postby propel0 » 09 Jul 2013, 01:07

MTGPheonix wrote:
Kevashim wrote:MTGPhoenix (and anyone else interested). If it helps I can send you a copy of an Excel workbook I have made for my personal use in customising my sealed pool. At the moment it is capable of 4 main things:
Reading in a users .profile file and listing all cards in Sealed Deck 1,
Allowing the user to easily change card IDs in Deck 1 (the hex numbers) and output an updated .profile file,
Automatically generate the hash.file after updating a profile (big thanks to thefiremind for letting me include this),
Creating a new profile with 6 freshly randomised boosters.

I am planning to keep working on this to be used on both Deck 1 and Deck 2 and also to auto generate randomised boosters for 6,7,8, and 9 booster pools.
I'd be interested in taking a look at it.
me too
propel0

Postby Kevashim » 09 Jul 2013, 23:41

Ok, here is my Sealed Pool Editor as it stands. It's certainly not pretty, but it is functional. I have made it randomly generate 6,7,8, and 9 booster pools and also read/write a specified profile. Just extract the contents of the zip file to any folder you like and it should be good to go.

To generate a sealed pool:
1) Enter your User ID#.
2) Select the number of random boosters you want.
3) Press the "Random Pool" button.
4) Copy the resulting ID#.profile and hash.file into your Steam\Userdata\ID#\213850\remote folder.

To Read/Write a profile:
1) Copy the .profile into the Sealed Pooler folder.
2) Enter the ID# of the .profile you want to open.
3) Press the "Read Profile" button.
4) Make changes to the sealed pool cards on listed on the "Profile" worksheet. You will want to edit the numbers in Column A. Column B will update to reflect the names of cards as you change them. Columns C and D contain a reference to the available list of cards. Note that you just enter regular integers here, the VBA will automatically convert these to bytes when writing the profile.
5) When you are happy with the changes click the "Write Profile" button.
6) Copy the resulting ID#.profile and hash.file into your Steam\Userdata\ID#\213850\remote folder.

If you run in to any problems let me know. Currently this will only edit Sealed Pool 1 though I am going to update it to also edit Pool 2. I will likely make it a bit more user friendly, letting you select the .profile file to open in a regular save/load fashion rather than having to move files around and type the ID# in. But for now hopefully it will help you guys out! Also I have only used it to adjust cards that are already unlocked, I have not tried to add additional cards (so if I only have 7 boosters unlocked, I have not added cards to the profile that would have come from booster 8 ); no idea if this would cause issues but I suspect it might. I have only been able to test using my own user ID#, hopefully there will be no issues for other users just substituting their own ID# in when using the random pool generator.

Finally, this was made in Excel 2010 so let me know if you have an earlier version and it doesn't work there and I will see if I can fix it.
Attachments
Sealed Pooler.zip
(144.55 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
Kevashim

Postby tektrageist » 24 Jul 2013, 05:50

I encountered something unexpected. I used the 30/30 profile found here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=10898&start=60&sid=13d4fb909f2dd69a14dd76853dba5589#p125304

When I played sealed, it gave me 6 boosters different from what I had originally. When I deleted the profile (w/ Steam Cloud disabled also), it reverted to the 6 boosters I had originally. Is there a value in the profile that changes what boosters are generated?
tektrageist

Postby Yak » 27 Jul 2013, 17:45

tanis00 wrote:Excellent! If I can find the time, I'm considering developing an app that would edit the profile and create a new, random sealed deck, possibly based on custom card pools too if it works well. I've also been thinking about how to allow tournaments where you could be reasonably sure that nobody was cheating (assuming you wrote down the cards they played) and I think I might have a way. Is this something you guys would be interested in, and/or is someone else already working on something like this?
That would be awesome! I hate the fact that they didn't build this into the game and charge you to buy additional slots.
Yak

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers