It is currently 09 May 2024, 09:47

Text Size

DOTP 2014 - Mods Question (Total cards) - SOLVED

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP 2014 - Mods Question (Total cards) - SOLVED

Postby killuminati1984 » 27 Aug 2013, 15:25

New here, hi to all. Well not really new, just never registered, but i've been lurking around for quiet a while now, lol.

First off, i'd like to show some respect to all modders, you've done an excellent job at modding this game and make it more fun to play, so thank you for that. Quick question though. I downloaded all listed major mods for DOTP 2014 and Riiaks Deckbuilder which is awesome btw. and was wondering how many cards in total are there? or should be?

When i open the Deckbuilder it displays exactly 2900 cards using all mods, is that correct?

Also, before i started playing DOTP 2014, i've been playing 2013 for a while and had all the mods installed as well, but why is there no Black Lotus to be found in the 2014 Mods? Is it a coding problem? Is 2014 much different from 2013? Are these cards coming in the near future or not at all? It appears to me that there are much less cards available for deck building in 2014 mods.

Greets from germany.

Keep up the good work, peace out.
Last edited by killuminati1984 on 27 Aug 2013, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
killuminati1984

Re: DOTP 2014 - Mods Question (Total cards)

Postby killuminati1984 » 27 Aug 2013, 15:53

Ok, i'm really stupid. I was missing sumomole's S_62.wad, nevermind. Black Lotus and other cards i was missing all there. How stupid, lol. Thanks again guys, you rock. Problem solved. Really sorry.
killuminati1984

Postby RiiakShiNal » 27 Aug 2013, 15:56

killuminati1984 wrote:When i open the Deckbuilder it displays exactly 2900 cards using all mods, is that correct?
There is no "correct" number as more mods come out and get updated that number will change. The Deck Builder displays the total number of cards loaded and the number currently visible in the list, these numbers do count duplicate cards (For example Forest will count as 22 cards in the base game because there are 22 versions of it, if you also have my manual mana functions wad then you will have 44 Forests because there are 22 in DATA_DECKS_D14.wad and the same 22 present in and being overridden by Data_DLC_8192_ManualMana.wad). So your number of 2900 is accurate for what you have loaded, but as stated before there is no "correct" number.

killuminati1984 wrote:Also, before i started playing DOTP 2014, i've been playing 2013 for a while and had all the mods installed as well, but why is there no Black Lotus to be found in the 2014 Mods? Is it a coding problem? Is 2014 much different from 2013? Are these cards coming in the near future or not at all? It appears to me that there are much less cards available for deck building in 2014 mods.
Black Lotus is actually available in one of the mods currently out (though I don't remember which one).

As for there being fewer cards available, that is because we haven't had time to build them all again. Cards can't simply be taken from DotP 2013 and dropped into DotP 2014 because cards are coded differently in each version of DotP. Also DotP 2014 hasn't been out nearly as long as DotP 2013 so of course we don't have as many cards available yet.

killuminati1984 wrote:Also, can't exactly remember the names of certain creature cards but i'm missing white creatures where you gain 4 life when they enter the battlefield, why are those not included in any mods? Sorry for all these stupid questions, just wanted to make sure that i have the biggest collection of cards available right now and that im not missing anything.
If you are talking about cards that were available in DotP 2013 and are not currently available in DotP 2014 then it is probably because they haven't been coded yet as stated above. If you need them for a deck try requesting them (request them by name and use the specific case of the name so that people will see the text of the card when they move the mouse pointer over it, for example use Augur il-Vec instead of augur il-vec or Augur) in the Request Thread for DotP 2014 though note, we are all busy, so it may be some time before someone gets to your requests.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby killuminati1984 » 27 Aug 2013, 16:03

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, all questions answered, and nevermind, i was just missing sumomole's S_62.wad (that's the one that contains Black Lotus) and basicly all the cards i was missing. Really sorry for my stupidity, you guys can delete this thread if you want since the problem has been solved, but thank you so much man, your deckbuilder rocks. Cheers ;)
killuminati1984

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers