New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Non-working mod files.

Postby GodOfAtheism » 28 Sep 2013, 21:54

Hey, I had Grovyle put together a deck for me and it came in three files;
Data_Decks_50090_BRICK_IN_THE_WALL.wad
DATA_DECKS_GXSC_CARDS.wad
DATA_DECKS_GXSC_ART.wad

I re-DL'd the .dll to bypass checks and put the files in the usual Steam\SteamApps\Common\Magic 2014 directory but the deck isn't showing up in the editor. Does one of those files need to go in a different directory or something?

I sent Grovyle a PM on the Wizards' forum, not sure when he'll get to it. The deck was someone else's request and I want to let them know it's ready, but I want to make sure it's working first. It'll be his first time modding so I'll need to explain it to him.

(Not my first time, I was helping NEMESIS with decks last year. I'd design decks, and he'd implement them. I may be able to offer similar services here if desired. Some of my portfolio, so to speak: [not included because forum software says it looks too spammy for a new user ) That link also includes this deck, Brick in the Wall, if there's a way for me to put the link in later or something.
GodOfAtheism

Re: Non-working mod files.

Postby MC Brodie » 29 Sep 2013, 00:01

GodOfAtheism wrote:Hey, I had Grovyle put together a deck for me and it came in three files;
Data_Decks_50090_BRICK_IN_THE_WALL.wad
DATA_DECKS_GXSC_CARDS.wad
DATA_DECKS_GXSC_ART.wad

I re-DL'd the .dll to bypass checks and put the files in the usual Steam\SteamApps\Common\Magic 2014 directory but the deck isn't showing up in the editor. Does one of those files need to go in a different directory or something?
Yes, those files all go into the Magic 2014 directory. It's hard for me to say what's going on without looking at the files. You say they aren't showing up in the editor. Do you mean the in-game deck editor or do you mean a deck builder for modded decks like Riiak's? If it is the former, it is possible Grovyle forgot got to include the content pack enabler information in either the cards wad or its own wad.

Also, if you ever plan on playing the non-modded version of DotP online I'd suggest you copy and paste the Magic 2014 directory in the common folder. Then only put Rick's .dll in whichever one you plan on playing the modded decks in. This way you can switch between modded DotP and vanilla DotP based on which executable you start up.

GodOfAtheism wrote:(Not my first time, I was helping NEMESIS with decks last year. I'd design decks, and he'd implement them. I may be able to offer similar services here if desired. Some of my portfolio, so to speak: [not included because forum software says it looks too spammy for a new user ) That link also includes this deck, Brick in the Wall, if there's a way for me to put the link in later or something.
If you want to post links I think all of have to do is put some spaces in the url. Once you hit 5 posts you'll be able to post links as normal. If you really want to play your decks in DotP you could request them in this thread. Kieran is nice enough to set up decks for people that don't know the ins and outs of modding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby GodOfAtheism » 29 Sep 2013, 14:31

Ah, we got it working, anyhow. We were missing a content pack enabler specific to the editor Grovyle was using. I also found a workaround for the playing online bit; I left Rick's DLL in the main folder - it doesn't trip up the detector by itself - but I put all the modded decks in the WADCACHE folder before going online. Works so far, but will probably be a pain if I mod in 30+ extra decks like last year.

So far as the link, let's try w w w . m t g d e c k b u i l d e r . n e t / P r o f i l e / D e c k s / 1 1 5 2 0 1
GodOfAtheism

Postby GodOfAtheism » 01 Oct 2013, 22:37

It looks like I need to make three garbage posts.
GodOfAtheism

Postby GodOfAtheism » 01 Oct 2013, 22:38

I apologise for this in advance.
GodOfAtheism

Postby GodOfAtheism » 01 Oct 2013, 22:38

But I want to be able to send URLs to Grovyle without having to put a hundred spaces in them for him to delete.
GodOfAtheism

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers