It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:02

Text Size

Help unlocking deck packs

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Help unlocking deck packs

Postby Skandranon » 27 Apr 2014, 03:59

Hi!

I need a little help unlocking the DLC decks. I own the game on Steam, and I've made a copy of my steam install for offline play and modding. I want to unlock the 6 decks from the deck packs. I did see the download posted that had all 3 deck packs already with it, but in that download they were all already unlocked, and I'd like to unlock all my cards one by one if possible (still haven't 100%ed all the regular decks).

So can anyone tell me how to unlock them? I'm been messing with the WADs and xml files, but I'm a bit lost, and the only other thread I found on the subject didn't help me understand what to do.

Thanks!

Also, in the same vein, is there any way to lock cards that have been unlocked, so that they'll unlock once a battle as per usual?
Skandranon

Re: Help unlocking deck packs

Postby RiiakShiNal » 27 Apr 2014, 12:49

I will assume you are talking about DotP 2014 here as other games unlock differently.

Unlocking an expansion or deck pack is very similar to setting up a custom content pack. You create a WAD (with the name starting with "DATA_DLC_") and give it a specific XML in the wad header.

For example for a WAD named "Data_DLC_Expansion_Unlocker.wad" you could use something like:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WAD_HEADER>
   <ENTRY platform="ALL" source="DATA_DLC_EXPANSION_UNLOCKER/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/" alias="Content" order="3" />
   <!-- This section unlocks Content Pack 1 (the official expansion). -->
   <CONTENTPACK UID="1">
      <PD_SECTION>
         <APP_ID ID="213850" />
      </PD_SECTION>
      <CONTENTFLAGS>
         <AVATAR_CONTENT />
         <DECK_CONTENT />
         <GLOSSARY_CONTENT />
         <UNLOCK_CONTENT />
      </CONTENTFLAGS>
   </CONTENTPACK>
   <!-- This section unlocks Content Pack 2 (Deck Pack 1). -->
   <CONTENTPACK UID="2">
      <PD_SECTION>
         <APP_ID ID="213850" />
      </PD_SECTION>
      <CONTENTFLAGS>
         <AVATAR_CONTENT />
         <DECK_CONTENT />
         <GLOSSARY_CONTENT />
         <UNLOCK_CONTENT />
      </CONTENTFLAGS>
   </CONTENTPACK>
</WAD_HEADER>
Note though that you should only use this method for content packs that you don't already have as if you already have the AppId for a content pack and you provide the code above for that content pack it will double any decks from that content pack in-game (one copy of the decks for each copy of the Content Pack Enabling section).

As for locking cards the only way to do that is to delete your profile (start over) and make sure that you only play with a version that does not automatically unlock the cards (like the Steam version) and the decks are not set to have their unlocks unlock automatically (this includes foiling which will also unlock the unlocks). It should be noted that for custom decks they should be set to unlock automatically because the game does not save their deck configurations (meaning they get reset whenever you close the game).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Help unlocking deck packs

Postby Skandranon » 28 Apr 2014, 15:30

Alright, it worked! Got all 6 - thanks.
Skandranon

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers