It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:10

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui - Windows app to search MTG cards and build de

Postby hidalgo » 01 Mar 2017, 12:14

About the performance i think it's because the legality filter, even check and uncheck the 3 boxes of legality and the show duplitcate icon delay reach to 1sec
I uploaded v1.3.5.3, hope it addressed the problems with performance.
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.4-v1.3.5.5

Postby hidalgo » 03 Mar 2017, 05:13

=== v1.3.5.5 ===
Fixed incorrectly applying search text when more than 1 search field specified.

=== v1.3.5.4 ===
Filtering lags:
  • Reduced User Interface lag when applying filter.

Search text:
  • Auto-applying search text after 1 second
  • Non-applied search text is marked with light-blue background to make difference between applied and non-applied search text more explicit.
  • Showing multi-line texts in search text suggest
  • Highliting only relevant fields in search result - if the matching text is not in field where it was looked for it does'nt get's highlighted anymore.
  • Highlight matched legality in ruling field
  • Cltrl+Space on input starting with quote '"' shows value suggest instead of field suggest.
  • No more implicitly applying AND to search text terms when no +/- before search value but different search fields are specified.
Last edited by hidalgo on 05 Mar 2017, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.6

Postby hidalgo » 05 Mar 2017, 19:28

Search text:
  • Fixed not applying + or - operator when field name specified
Tabs:
  • Reordering tabs is persisted through restarting program.
  • Middle mouse click closes tab
Last edited by hidalgo on 22 Mar 2017, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 08 Mar 2017, 12:25

Hi, for the artwork feature in the future release do you think we can code the program show exact artwork for each card ? Currently i'm made 2 folders, one for artists with their artworks just use for only 1 card ( at the moment ). the other folder for different artworks of the same card or in different sets. Only Tokens, basic lands has many different artworks, other cards maybe just have 2-4 different artworks ( and not too many cards of this kind compare with basic lands ) so somehow you can make another data file that i can update myself to help the program show exact artwork but not need to make several copy artworks for different set ( avoid waste HDD space because the HD version of artworks can take a lot of space in HDD )

I'm using rule for name of artwork that which one release first or which one is for promo card will have "1" after the current name. other artwork that come after that will have 2,3,4. ..ect
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 09 Mar 2017, 12:29

do you think we can code the program show exact artwork for each card
so somehow you can make another data file that i can update myself to help the program show exact artwork but not need to make several copy artworks for different set
I suggest using file attributes for this.
Attributes.jpg

artist can be put to 'Authors' attribute and set codes to 'Tags'
This way we can get rid of additional data file, but still avoid unnesessary file duplicates.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 19 Mar 2017, 10:53

So we don't need to have different name for card's artwork ( because they in different folders ) just the tag and author or still have different name ? I'm still waiting for new version support artwork to test but if you in development progress and want to test out if the app can find base on author and code name tag with same name of artwork i already setup some artwork for Act of treason card ( author and tag of code name already editted ) in artwork folder. Don't want to update lot of artworks then still have add number in their name later if the app can't read the file's attributes so well.
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 20 Mar 2017, 01:09

Hello Aidscoi!
Don't want to update lot of artworks then still have add number in their name later if the app can't read the file's attributes so well.
That's right, we'll do it step by step.

I checked out your artwork directory and I successfully found the test file act of treason.jpg you prepared for me. I see that you filled attributes Tags and Authors and Mega storage stored them correctly.

Now in a few days (today-tomorrow) I'll release a version with basic artwork support, just to allow you to confidently continue configuring artwork data.

So we don't need to have different name for card's artwork ( because they in different folders )
Right in most cases. However I can imagine you will want some day to have an artwork for a basic land. In this case, if you want to have 3 different artworks for 3 different basic lands in one set, you will have to give them numbers. For normal cards whith relationship [1 set+card name] <==> [1 image file] you don't need different filenames.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 21 Mar 2017, 15:27

mtgjson already have new data file contain MM3 set, i already update it myself but remind you can include this new file into next release
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 21 Mar 2017, 20:00

hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.7

Postby hidalgo » 22 Mar 2017, 04:32

Search text:
  • Added SetName, SetCode, ManaCost to fields looked up when field name not specified in search string
  • Improved speed of applying search text without specifying a field.
  • Improved painting highligted text to make higlighting of mana symbols clearly distinguishable
  • Fixed not showing changed count after adding card to collection with Alt + right mouse click

Artwork images in zoom:
  • When zooming a card with available artwork image, the artwork image will be shown first.
NOTE #1
If you'd like to help finding artworks you can upload images you've found here
They will be arranged and available for downloading there
aidscoi168 profile to ask questions

NOTE #2
Mtgdb.Gui currently does not download artwork images itself. To get the images, download them from here to \images\Artworks directory

NOTE #3
Artwork directory was added to config \etc\Mtgdb.Gui.xml if you have your custom ..\etc\Mtgdb.Gui.xml with overriden directories, you will need to copy the new directory setting
Code: Select all
<Directory Path="..\..\images\Artworks" Art="True" />
Last edited by hidalgo on 26 Mar 2017, 08:43, edited 10 times in total.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 22 Mar 2017, 05:05

i've test edit the downloader xml file to have artwork download but if megasync can auto update the folder itself it will be better ( i haven't test with folder share by others ). The card image i ( maybe others ) manualy manage so image downloader check for artwork really fast.

ps : Don't know why the app alway crash before show the card images in result ( succesfull loaded 203 sets ). Reach 1.2gb ram in use then crash.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>
<WatchFile Mode="Auto" />

<ImageSources TargetDirectory="Z:\Magic the Gathering\software for magic the gathering\Mtgdb.Gui">

<MegaStorage
Name="images\Artworks"
Description="Artworks"
Url="https://mega.nz/#F!D0oViaiI!o9yX1aVdyDnZ6mPIOHM1VA" />

</ImageSources>

</configuration>
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 22 Mar 2017, 05:21

I guess the problem is the artwork folder setting in xml file, if i remove the line for artwork the program doing fine
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 22 Mar 2017, 05:50

To help addressing app crashes in the future I added some logging. You can re-download the app, the same version. When it crashes it will create a logs folder. Then you can send me the files so I can investigate the issue.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 22 Mar 2017, 05:57

Where the location of the log file i can find ? After the crash ( with new version i just download ) i don't found any new log folder
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 22 Mar 2017, 07:04

The logs directory must appear at the root, next to bin, data, etc, history and so on. I've re-uploaded the app, you can try again.
hidalgo

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers