It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:40

Text Size

Secret Button

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Secret Button

Postby heavyrocks » 26 Mar 2011, 21:09

I can't get Gibbed's unpack to work. Tried running in compatibility mode and in DOS. Just keeps crashing the same way.

Can someone please torrent their Data_Core.wad with the secret menu unlocked?
heavyrocks

Postby shadowriku » 08 May 2011, 02:54

I've got the SKIDROW version and I cannot seem to find the the frontend folder mentioned. Could it be because its the SKIDROW version?
shadowriku

Postby apopov » 29 Jul 2015, 14:30

This is old threat, but just in case someone is having the problem user heavyrocks was having with the Gibbed's unpack tool crashing.

yesterday found the unpack.exe tool crashed for me only when it was in different directory from the .wad file I was trying to unpack.

The guide on this forum said to just 'drag the file onto it", but it seems the tool is not designed to open .wad files from another folder. When both are in same folder, it should work.
apopov

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Jul 2015, 15:28

apopov wrote:This is old threat, but just in case someone is having the problem user heavyrocks was having with the Gibbed's unpack tool crashing.

yesterday found the unpack.exe tool crashed for me only when it was in different directory from the .wad file I was trying to unpack.

The guide on this forum said to just 'drag the file onto it", but it seems the tool is not designed to open .wad files from another folder. When both are in same folder, it should work.
I've found that it will crash when the wad file is in a folder where the folder path of the unpacked wad directory would be too long. Not too long for Windows, just too long for Gibbed Tools to understand. I'd try it again, but this time, make a temp folder directly in C:\Temp, drop the wad there, and see if it works by dropping it onto the unpacker from there. (I'd try myself, but I'm still getting my Windows reinstallation finished up.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers