It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 04:29

Text Size

About Kev's Mods, The Repository and a Little Request

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

About Kev's Mods, The Repository and a Little Request

Postby Aborash » 27 Mar 2011, 10:46

Two days ago I discovered this great site, and I was shocked about the quality of the mods,game totally changed from "bullshit" to "awesome" in seconds.

After the first impressions (And like 50 games :lol: ) I made a deep search at forums (I was using Kev's mods, viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3589&start=0) and found those threads :

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2946
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3155

I notice it seems the most updated method, and seems to have some nice additions decks to Kev's Mods, so I uninstalled Kev's Mods, and installed The Repository.

It seems it got some new decks, and also some different versions of some decks,(like Oath), but suddenly I notice that The Repository missed a lot of funny Decks of Kev's Mods, like "Alluren", "High Tide", "Tinker" "Wildfire", "Worldgorger Dragon", etc, so I grabbed the gibbed’s tools and Culka’s Deck Editor and started to made those missing decks, but again I noticed that the main cards of those decks are also missing.

I try to mix both (yeah, "The Beginner's Guide to Dotp Mods" said that it conflict each others), and I just obtained a lot of "Unassigned Strings".

Adding Decks, Images, and Cards to The Repository its really easy, just copy the Kev's Mods Decks, Images and Cards without overwriting, but removing the "Unassigned Strings" Its more complicated, because It seems that you need to add some lines to XML files at "DATA_DLC_1111\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\TEXT_DUELTIME" and also copy the missing functions to "DATA_DLC_1111\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\FUNCTIONS\COMMUNITY_FUNCTIONS.LUA" file to make the mechanics works.

Also, I'm not sure if you need to mod additional files, I'm not an expert, I just joined the community 2 days ago.

So, I'm wondering if the guy/s that are updating The Repository, would be so kind of add those decks and cards to the next update, and also I would make a request, of two cards:

Goblin Welder:

I really like the wildfire-tinker mix deck, with tangle wire (I think this card is already on database) its really funny, and works great.

Opalescence

For the Replenish/Enchantress decks.

Thanks in advance, If I can help somehow, just tell me.
Aborash

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers