It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:19

Text Size

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Oct 2012, 13:58

skibulk wrote:Your xpack 2 had 132 card definitions and 151 images. I think we're missing 23(total) - 8(land&tokens) = 15(definitions)?

Your xpack 3 had 170 card definitions and 166 images. I think we're missing 4 images?
I gave you all the card definitions and full images (did not include the lower resolution versions) that were in each of the wads (DATA_DLC_0005 & DATA_DLC_0006). I can't help it if Wizards included extra images in Expansion 2 and extra definitions in Expansion 3. It is also possible that in Expansion 3 they reused images from the core game or even from Expansion 2 as resources can be shared between wads.

If I look at the core game it has 260 card definitions and 286 illustrations and even then not all of the card definitions were actually used in decks in the game and at least one definition (which was not used) points to an illustration which does not exist.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 Oct 2012, 15:00

@RiiakShiNal

Okay thanks I just wanted to verify. Were there any loading screens for the core game or xpack3 (or did you include them all in your xpack2 share)?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Oct 2012, 15:26

skibulk wrote:Were there any loading screens for the core game or xpack3 (or did you include them all in your xpack2 share)?
There are loading screens for Expansion Pack 3 (which I included in DotP2010Expansion3(DLC0006)ArtAndCards.7z which I linked for you earlier). There are also 5 loading screens for the core game though I did not include them because you had not asked for them (labeled as backgrounds). There are no loading screens for Expansion Pack 1.

DotP2010CoreLoadingScreens.7z (4.79 MB)
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 Oct 2012, 16:29

@RiiakShiNal

Thanks. I've named and uploaded everything here. Are there any other images of interest in the game files?

Now all we need is the card definitions for the D13 expansion pack.

Edit: How about D13 backgrounds and D13 xpack1 backgrounds too?

Edit: Here's the PHP script I used. Sorry no code comments. The DotP 2010 cards did need additional file name editing (to add ' and ,).

Code: Select all
<?php
$cardDataDir = __DIR__."/card data";
$cardImageDir = __DIR__."/card images";

$idToArt = array();

$dataFiles = opendir($cardDataDir);
while($file = readdir($dataFiles)) {
   if ($file != '.' && $file != '..') {
      $xml = simplexml_load_file("$cardDataDir/$file");

// DotP 2013 Data:
      // $artID = (int)$xml->ARTID['value'];
      // $name = (string)$xml->xpath("//TITLE/LOCALISED_TEXT[@LanguageCode='en-US']")[0];

// DotP 2010 Data:
      $artID = (int)$xml->CARD->ARTID['value'];
      $name = (string)$xml->CARD->FILENAME['text'];
      $name = str_replace('_',' ',$name);
      $name = titleCase($name);

if(isset($idToArt[$artID])) {
         $prev = $idToArt[$artID];
         print("Warning: Shared Artwork [$prev] [$name]<br/>\n");
      }
      $idToArt[$artID] = $name;
   }
}

// $count = count($idToArt);
// print("Found $count Card Definitions<br/>\n");
// ksort($idToArt);
// foreach($idToArt as $key=>$value){
   // print("$key\t$value<br/>\n");
// }
// exit;

foreach($idToArt as $key=>$value){
   if (!file_exists("$cardImageDir/$key.png")) {
      print("Warning: Source file named '$value' does not exist<br/>\n");
      continue;
   }
   if (file_exists("$cardImageDir/$value.png")) {
      print("Warning: Destination file named '$value' already exists<br/>\n");
      continue;
   }
   if (preg_match('/[\/\\:\*\?"\<\>\|]/', $value) || count($value)>255) {
      print("Warning: Destination file name '$value' contains illegal characters<br/>\n");
      continue;
   }
   $value = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT", $value);
   rename("$cardImageDir/$key.png", "$cardImageDir/$value.png");
}

function titleCase($text) {
   $smallWordsArray = array(
      'of','a','the','and','an','or','nor','but','is','if','then','else','when',
      'at','from','by','on','off','for','in','out','over','to','into','with'
   );

$text = strtolower($text);
   $words = explode(' ', $text);
   foreach ($words as $key=>$word) {
      if ($key == 0 or !in_array($word, $smallWordsArray))
      $words[$key] = ucwords($word);
   }
   $title = implode(' ', $words);
   return $title;
}

?>
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Oct 2012, 18:22

skibulk wrote:Are there any other images of interest in the game files?
Not unless you want the avatar images (fairly small) or things like individual mana symbols, parts of the gui, badges, fonts, and the like.
skibulk wrote:Edit: How about D13 backgrounds and D13 xpack1 backgrounds too?
I can help with the DotP2013 loading screens and "story" screens, but I don't have the DotP2013 Expansion Pack 1.
skibulk wrote:The DotP 2010 cards did need additional file name editing (to add ' and ,).
That would be expected because in DotP 2010 card text and names were stored in separate xml files in either the TEXT_PERMANENT or TEXT_RESIDENT directories.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 Oct 2012, 19:04

We don't need any of the small stuff.

Okay so I just realized that there are 3 DotP games out? For some odd reason I was thinking there was only 2010 and 2013. And what was posted previously on the forums was for 2012, not 2010 as I had assumed. So if we want to be all-inclusive here we need to archive the following:

DotP 2010 core (DONE)
DotP 2010 xpack2, xpack3 (DONE)

DotP 2012 core (Have Cards - Need Tokens, Loading Screens, Backgrounds)
DotP 2012 xpack1, do deck keys and foil conversion upbrades add images? (Need Everything)

DotP 2013 core (DONE)
DOTP 2013 xpack1, do deck keys and foil conversion upbrades add images? (Need Definitions, Loading Screens, Backgrounds)
Last edited by skibulk on 10 Oct 2012, 03:58, edited 2 times in total.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Oct 2012, 19:53

Well, I just finished uploading the DotP2013 Loading and Story Screens (DotP2013CoreLoadingAndStoryScreens.7z - 62.2 MB)

I'll get to the DotP 2010 Cards and Definitions shortly.

Edit: DotP2010CoreCardsAndIllustrations.7z (66.7 MB) is now up.

There are some foil images in DotP 2013, but they are not foil card images they are simply an images that get added to the card as it is displayed by the DotP engine so it is probably not something you would really care for.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 12 Oct 2012, 11:43

Writing this here because it's quite on topic with the latest posts and I didn't want to open a new topic just for this: I found a site that is very useful for finding HQ card pictures.
http://www.magic-ville.com/fr/rech_art.php
This page displays a list of artists. Click on the artist who painted the picture you are looking for, and you'll find a list of all the cards he/she painted, sorted by expansion (the names are in French but it's not a big deal, you can find the French translations on Gatherer or magiccards.info if you need them to make searching easier). When you find the card, click on that, and then on "Illustrations" on the upper right. You can also click on "Illustrations" when you are still on the cards list, and you'll obtain a visual list. If an HQ picture is available, most of the times it will be there. If not, you'll probably find the scan by the HQCG team, which is good anyway (and you can Google it, just to be 100% sure). :wink:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby BlindWillow » 12 Oct 2012, 12:13

thefiremind wrote:Writing this here because it's quite on topic with the latest posts and I didn't want to open a new topic just for this: I found a site that is very useful for finding HQ card pictures.
http://www.magic-ville.com/fr/rech_art.php
I find the artwork on that site best accessed through Google, as they actually have larger resolutions than you see on the site. If you do go through Google, be aware that when you click on full size image, you may get the image in ASCII form. You can still save this as a .jpg though. It's the only site where I have this happen. Weird, huh?
BlindWillow

Postby thefiremind » 12 Oct 2012, 13:35

On about 20 pictures (just approximate, could be 15 or 30) that I searched on that site, I found a better resolution through Google for only 1 card: Will-o'-the-Wisp 9th Edition. For the rest, I have been more comfortable looking on the site, so I don't have to search among useless results. Just a matter of personal taste. :wink:

About the pictures displayed as text, it happens to me, too. I think they missed something in the server configuration (I remember RiiakShiNal talking about something similar for ZIP files on his site), but the classic "Save as..." works perfectly.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Oct 2012, 14:07

thefiremind wrote:About the pictures displayed as text, it happens to me, too. I think they missed something in the server configuration (I remember RiiakShiNal talking about something similar for ZIP files on his site), but the classic "Save as..." works perfectly.
Actually, I was talking about 7-Zip files (*.7z) on my site, originally the mime-type for 7-Zip files was not set so I added the correct mime-type and for the most part I stopped getting complaints about the file not saving properly. Usually the mime-type for pictures is properly set on sites though as those types are usually added by default by the web server software. Though it is possible that they could have removed the mime-type for some reason or another.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 16 Oct 2012, 03:01

Can somebody extract the D13 card definitions for the expansion pack cards?

Also the Story / Loading screens / Backgrounds for both D13 and the expansion?

Thanks!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 30 Oct 2012, 13:27

Ok. I've scoured the forum here and now have tools for extracting the WADs. I can extract the D13 Demo Core WAD. If somebody could upload the DLC Expansion WAD for D13 I'll do the work from there.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers