It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 05:09

Text Size

Some info about Not used Zones

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Some info about Not used Zones

Postby NeoAnderson » 09 Nov 2014, 16:11

I made some tests and i found that some other implemented zones are partially working.
I discovered that ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE works.
We can move a card into this zone and we can see the follow effects :
1. The card remain visible onto battlefield
2. It isn't considered onto battlefield
3. Any abilities working for battlefield zone will not work
4. To have a working ability into this zone we must set "active_zone="ZONE_ANY" and inside the check we use this condition : Object():GetZone() == ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE
5. The cards into this ZONE cannot be targeted.

The code to move a card into this zone is Always the same :
Code: Select all
target:QueueZoneChange( ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE, EffectController() )
I also tested ZONE_COMMAND_SCHEME_ACTIVE the card is moved here but when we move the mouse over it the games freeze into an endless loop.

I don't know if this info can be useful for something, but i was thinking about some approxiamtions that could use these zones..as like commander cards, or if we found a way to implement emblems.
NeoAnderson

Re: Some info about Not used Zones

Postby volrathxp » 09 Nov 2014, 16:23

NeoAnderson wrote:I made some tests and i found that some other implemented zones are partially working.
I discovered that ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE works.
We can move a card into this zone and we can see the follow effects :
1. The card remain visible onto battlefield
2. It isn't considered onto battlefield
3. Any abilities working for battlefield zone will not work
4. To have a working ability into this zone we must set "active_zone="ZONE_ANY" and inside the check we use this condition : Object():GetZone() == ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE
5. The cards into this ZONE cannot be targeted.

The code to move a card into this zone is Always the same :
Code: Select all
target:QueueZoneChange( ZONE_COMMAND_PLANE_ACTIVE, EffectController() )
I also tested ZONE_COMMAND_SCHEME_ACTIVE the card is moved here but when we move the mouse over it the games freeze into an endless loop.

I don't know if this info can be useful for something, but i was thinking about some approxiamtions that could use these zones..as like commander cards, or if we found a way to implement emblems.
This would make emblems ridiculously easy to create if you can affect cards on the battlefield or set up the triggers on them from that zone, by making a custom token that ends up in that zone somehow. (ones like Ob Nixilis where it grants an ability, etc)
volrathxp
volrathxp

Re: Some info about Not used Zones

Postby NeoAnderson » 09 Nov 2014, 16:38

volrathxp wrote:This would make emblems ridiculously easy to create if you can affect cards on the battlefield or set up the triggers on them from that zone, by making a custom token that ends up in that zone somehow. (ones like Ob Nixilis where it grants an ability, etc)
The only problem ( big issue ) is that the token expires when are not onto battlefield!
About the other parts is simply to make, it can use any ability effect for other zones...so it not a problem for example to give +1/+1 to each creatures you control.
NeoAnderson

Return to Programming Talk