It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 05:25

Text Size

Conditional AI Availability

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Conditional AI Availability

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Nov 2014, 20:47

Is there a way to use AI Availability tags only if a condition is met? For Teferi, Temporal Archmage we need to add the AI availability tags to the abilities if his ultimate has been activated. Only, I don't know of a way to conditionalize them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Conditional AI Availability

Postby NeoAnderson » 13 Nov 2014, 20:58

Xander9009 wrote:Is there a way to use AI Availability tags only if a condition is met? For Teferi, Temporal Archmage we need to add the AI availability tags to the abilities if his ultimate has been activated. Only, I don't know of a way to conditionalize them.
I think You can use Ai AVAILABILITY block as other blocks, set a variable to 1 when the ability is activated, reset it to 0 when the turn end. Inside the block you check the value and return true when the variable is 1.
NeoAnderson

Postby thefiremind » 13 Nov 2014, 23:07

They are implicitly conditional already: if the AI can't follow some of the availability "advices", it will just ignore them. So I would add them without worrying about it. :)

NeoAnderson wrote:I think You can use Ai AVAILABILITY block as other blocks, set a variable to 1 when the ability is activated, reset it to 0 when the turn end. Inside the block you check the value and return true when the variable is 1.
This should need tests, I'm not sure if you can use AI_AVAILABILITY the same way as AI_CUSTOM_SCORE... if I were to guess, I'd guess not, but I can't be sure.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Nov 2014, 23:35

I put it together and gave it to fallenangel to try out. So I'm just waiting to see if it worked. However, if it'll just ignore them, then I'll just add them and let the AI ignore them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 14 Nov 2014, 14:24

thefiremind wrote:They are implicitly conditional already: if the AI can't follow some of the availability "advices", it will just ignore them. So I would add them without worrying about it. :)

NeoAnderson wrote:I think You can use Ai AVAILABILITY block as other blocks, set a variable to 1 when the ability is activated, reset it to 0 when the turn end. Inside the block you check the value and return true when the variable is 1.
This should need tests, I'm not sure if you can use AI_AVAILABILITY the same way as AI_CUSTOM_SCORE... if I were to guess, I'd guess not, but I can't be sure.
I also haven't test but what about to use normal <AVAILABILITY> block and inside this block check if the player IsAI() condition??
NeoAnderson

Return to Programming Talk