It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 03:35

Text Size

July Tournament (in progress)

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: July Tournament (accepting decks)

Postby aww1979 » 29 Jun 2010, 20:52

Yeah, simple seems best :p I've built a couple really fun ones this time around, but the one the AI does the best with can be played well by anybody. I took an idea I saw about 15 years ago for a simple budget deck and tweaked it quite heavily. I even changed one of the colours, but the basic flow of the deck is identical to the one I saw way back then. It's also most certainly NOT a budget deck anymore, but that doesn't matter :D
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 29 Jun 2010, 21:46

Yeah, it's getting hard to invent new decks that the AI is at least semi-competent with, this tournament I did the deck for the AI, next month I'll submit a deck that players will have a fun time with and damn the AI :)
Cognis
Tester

Postby scherbchen1 » 29 Jun 2010, 22:41

going to have to pass this time around due to work, not having time to score the brackets and due to not even having a sodding clue about what new deck to build.

that AI is quite restrictive. might as well throw out 1/2 of the cards we have. well, 1/2 of the interesting ones. one of jatill's hardest challenges was the vanilla creatures challenge (other than 5:1 but that comes down to crashes of the engine most of the time). give them free creatures every turn? doable. ban certain cards each game? doable. give them a free card every turn? doable. get hit with a certain card each upkeep? nasty at times but doable-ish. give the AI 2/2s and 3/3s? armageddon.

I'll gladly see what y'all come up with but for now I am stumped (as well as swamped with work).

these tourneys in a manalink-online format with real players? a dream come true :D trying to gage what the AI will do with any given deck is fun. especially when you have to try and build around it and build a decent deck at the same time. not to forget that there is a metagame influenced by the most powerful cards, the most popular cars and the most popular archetypes.

still, imho, the performance of the AI is the most dominating factor. if the AI were a magic card it would have been banned quicker than Memory Jar.

having said that I'll try and brew up something for the August tournament :D
scherbchen1

Postby Cognis » 30 Jun 2010, 14:54

How many decks do we have in the tournament for now, tomorrow's the deadline, isn't it?
Cognis
Tester

Postby thedrigo » 30 Jun 2010, 19:37

Cognis wrote:Yeah, it's getting hard to invent new decks that the AI is at least semi-competent with, this tournament I did the deck for the AI, next month I'll submit a deck that players will have a fun time with and damn the AI :)
Amen, bro.

One little problem, though. This is kinda embarassing, but since I'm now using Windows 7 I can't find the decks I've put together in the Playdeck folder... They're not there! Can anyone help me out?
thedrigo

Postby aww1979 » 30 Jun 2010, 20:29

Cognis wrote:How many decks do we have in the tournament for now, tomorrow's the deadline, isn't it?
So far I only have decks from Cognis and Jatill. A few other peopel have said in this thread that they wanted to play, but I am guessing they will submit nearer the deadline.

I made Friday the 2nd the deadline to give people a lot of time for testing, as well as to give Jatill time to code the reward cards, which he did :)
aww1979
Tester

Postby thedrigo » 01 Jul 2010, 15:00

Seriously,

Help? I really can't find my other decks.
thedrigo

Postby Cognis » 01 Jul 2010, 15:06

I really don't know how to help except if sending you my playdeck folder will help.
Cognis
Tester

Postby thedrigo » 01 Jul 2010, 18:16

Dammit. #-o
Aww, can I send you the list in text so that you can put it together? I really don't know what the hell is going on. :evil:
thedrigo

Postby discoransom » 01 Jul 2010, 18:56

I can't attach a deck file to send through PM- has everybody just been sending card lists or am I missing something?
discoransom

Postby Cognis » 01 Jul 2010, 19:05

rar it
Cognis
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 01 Jul 2010, 20:02

Disco - the site will also allow zip files, so you can just right click -> compress and send to Aww1979.

I plan on competing, but I still have to submit my deck.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 01 Jul 2010, 20:38

thedrigo wrote:Dammit. #-o
Aww, can I send you the list in text so that you can put it together? I really don't know what the hell is going on. :evil:
You can do it either way. I like dck files better, but if text is the only way, go for it.
aww1979
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 02 Jul 2010, 05:23

Just an update, six players have submitted decks so far, not including myself, so that's enough that the tournament can be held. You have until the end of Friday to send in your decks. It's looking like people spent a lot of time testing this round, or else just left it until the last minute, since very few early entries were received.

I didn't test mine too much this time, so my decks might be turkeys in the AIs hands, but a human should do alright with them.

edit: Up to 8 decks now :D I'm testing mine a little more, but I think I'm fairly satisfied with the main one I'm going to submit.
aww1979
Tester

Postby taron » 02 Jul 2010, 14:36

Haha mine is probably going to be terrible in the AI's hands. I got little to no time to actually work on it, so I threw something together, and will see how it goes :P

Also: Damn living in the future (GMT+10) gives me what seems like less time to work on it, screws with you a lot rofl. Oh well, I don't think the bit of testing will help a lot :P
taron

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments