It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:56

Text Size

Manalink Tournament (May) (tournament complete)

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink Tournament (May) (submissions closed)

Postby juzamjedi » 23 May 2010, 16:41

Shantak goes 6-1

1 vs: Cognis
game 1 T2 Oath, T4 Oath #2, not close
game 2 T2 Oath, not close

2 vs:
game 1 mull to 6, T2 Oath. T3 Oath Groundbreaker and cast Ball Lightning + Berserk.
game 2 no T2 Oath, but 2x Groundbreaker and I get there against Kitchen Finks + 2x Ranger of Eos

At this point I have pretty much decided I am going to mulligan hands that don't have Oath unless they are completely bonkers (like Land + Lotus + Ball Lightning + Berserk)

3 vs: kakodrilo
game 1 mull a slow hand and rewarded with T2 Oath of Druids. Manage to lose close one due to Mogg Fantastic.
game 2 T2 Oath and get there. Mogg Fantastic slows me down though.
game 3 T1 Mull a hand with Lotus and get T1 Oath. Must? Is. AI has T1 Slith Firewalker and Fireblast's my T3 winning Groundbreaker but I get there anyway.

4 vs: Nyktorian
game 1 opening hand is good, but I mull to 6 anyway. T1 Oath. I laugh at the T22 Goyf and win easily.
game 2 T2 Oath. Win easily on T4.

5 vs: Nyktorian
game 1 T2 Oath. Qasali Pridemage doesn't go for my Oath?
game 2 Consider mull for Oath, but topdeck it instead. T2 Oath. Qasali Pridemage kills Oath to pump Goyf and save itself. I wish for Hell's Thunder; it is countered, but kills on unearth.

6 vs: Cognis
game 1 T2 Oath and Curbstomp with 2 Primal Forcemage + Hasty damage.
game 2 Mull to 5. T1 wish for Forcemage, T2 play it, T3 and T4 Ball Lightning. Ding!

7 vs: thedrigo
game 1 mull to 6, but should have mulled to 5 lose badly when I can't race Knight of the Meadowgrain.
game 2 mull to 5. 1 Land, but 2 Oath and play 1st on T3. 2nd on T4. Figure of Destiny goes ultimate thanks to Black Lotus and I lose.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 23 May 2010, 17:18

Cognis 1-1

1 vs: Shantak
game 1 what is up with Scarwood Goblins? Anyway wish for Demonic Tutor to get Goblin Sharpshooter and win.
game 2 I get beat down early, but Warchief -> 2x Goblin King get there.

2 vs: Juzamjedi
game 1 AI stalls and plays Ranger of Eos. The 3x Blood Moons I draw do me no good and I lose to Figure of Destiny + Elspeth.
game 2 AI has early removal. I hold Damnation #1 until Baneslayer hits board (me at 10). Chandra controls the board until I tutor for wish for Fireball. Still had all these Damnations.
game 3 Nevinyrral's Disk is in my opening hand, but I never see 4 lands. Blood Moons I draw are poop again.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 23 May 2010, 19:43

scherbchen goes 10-0

1 vs: Yggdrasil
game 1 I use Swords to Plowshares on T3 Marit Lage. I use Swords on T5 Marit Lage. My tiny angry men are happy to keep beating down until the win.
game 2 By turn 6 it is my 2x Baneslayer + Dragonmaster vs. his Demigod + Bloodghasts. GG

2 vs: Nyktorian
game 1 mega-flooded, but that's OK with this deck. Figure of Destiny wins a long (and fun!) game.
game 2 mull to 6. I lead with T1 Ranger of Eos instead of Baneslayer and it gets countered. Goes long and Figure of Destiny takes another game.

I liked playing this matchup a lot. Good games / interaction between these 2 decks.

3 vs: jatill
game 1 mull to 6. AI misses land drops and I punish him for it.
game 2 AI misses 1st land drop, T2 Library of Alexandria. Draws badly and discards a lot. Turning point Ranger gets me Dragonmaster + Scute Mob.

4 vs: Shantak
game 1 No Oath for AI, not close.
game 2 No Oath for AI, not close.

5 vs: Aww1979
game 1 Tarmogoyf + Figure of Destiny race the rack.
game 2 Play a couple weenies that only get blocked once all game.

6 vs: thedrigo
game 1 I stumble a few turns without a green source for my 3x Tarmogoyf.
game 2 AI makes a bad double block early and my angry little men punish him.
game 3 Kavu Kavu Kavu Kavu Chameleon gets there from all the life gain.

7 vs: thedrigo
game 1 Kavu Kavu Kavu Kavu Chameleon gets there from all the life gain.
game 2 turning point is Ranger of Eos getting Figure of Destiny + Dragonmaster

8 vs: stroggoi
game 1 Ranger of Eos loads me up for the win.
game 2 Stuck on mana, but didn't need it this game.

9 vs: enigma
game 1 not close, overrun with my angry men
game 2 I get more aggro creatures out before Armageddon.

10 vs: kakodrilo
game 1 mana screwed, but AI gives no pressure and my angry little men beat down
game 2 mana flooded, but AI gives no pressure and my angry little men beat down
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby scherbchen1 » 23 May 2010, 22:57

hah! more points! feed me.... feed me!
scherbchen1

Postby Stroggoii » 24 May 2010, 07:04

Nyktorion Bant VS

Juzamedi Monowhite 2/1 WIN
Round one 0/1
Everything I played got removed, and two FoD's killed me.
Round two 1/1
Managed to hit Jace's ultimate while AI had 0 cards in hand and notthing but lands.
Round three 2/1
And Jace'd again leaving AI with 3 cards I forced it to draw with an ancestral recall.

Shantak Tramp. 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Controled the early turns, AI couldn't race me.
Round two 2/0
Two mox in opening hand got me turn one War Monk, turn two Jace, turn four Elspeth.

Kakodrillo Burn. 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Too much lifegain for AI to handle.
Round two 2/0
I was completely manascrewed, two lands only and one got stripped, yet I kept three Hierarches in play attacking exalted every turn and AI did notthing to stop them other than playing creatures I easily sworded away.

Scherbchen Tiny Angr. 1/2 LOSE
Round one 0/1
Got baneslain.
Round two 1/1
Once again, Jace dominates till Elspeth comes in and a huge exalted flying rhino runs over the oponent.
Round three 1/2
Fiery Justice and two swords to my two goyfs turned that innofensive kavu into a badass murderous beast, hope they re-print this ability in a vampire soon.

Nyktorion +3
Scherbchen +5

Kakodrilo Burn VS

Stroggoii Swift 0/2 LOSE
Round one 0/1
Two back to back firewalkers turned a favorable 7-19 into a 18/-2 ownage.
Round two 0/2
Pro-red owns this deck.

Stroggoii +5

Juzamedi Monowhite VS

Yggdrasil Vampire 0/2 LOSE
Round one 0/1
Turn two Marit Lage.
Round two 0/2
Why does nocturnus consider Black Lotus a black card? Anyways, after 20 minutes of me chipping away his 40 life to 4 with two worship-aided spirits, it just goes and sacrifices a hexmage to highborn to get around it and gives me the finger.

Yggdrasil +5

Jatill Zookiller VS

Brandon Redforce 2/1 WIN
Round one 1/0
AI played mana flare, from wich I got a turn two Baneslayer, then played Blood Moon and ruined my mana completely, had it played the blood moon first I would have lost.
Round two 1/1
Got manascrewed, Blood-mooned and lava-axed to death, it must be the first time in my life I loose to a lava axe.
Rount three 2/1
Secured the basic manabase turn two and won easily.

Mirror 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Got turn one wall of denial, turn two tinker for inkwell, easy win.
Round two 2/0
Got the sphinx first, AI couldn't race me with it's own.

Mirror (again) 2/1 WIN
Round one 1/0
Early sphinxs won.
Round two 1/1
It's the second time this deck tinkers for the sphinx, plus it moated my inkwell.
Round three 2/1
Baneslayer avoided removal long enough to give me the edge in the sphinx war.

Stroggoii Swift 1/2 LOSE
Round one 1/0
Managed to survive a very burn-heavy game with 6 lives, removing everything AI played and racing damage with the sphinxes.
Round two 1/1
Got raced in damage by fodders, bushwackers and helixes even tho I kept the board clean the first four turns, baneslayer came to play one turn to late.
Round three 1/2
My completely white hand and two walls got dominated by Blood Knights even after recalling twice for control magic or threads.
I got manascrewed a lot with this deck, I suck at control.

Jatill +3
Stroggoii +5

Enigma73 Tarmogeddon VS

Brandon Redforce 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Started burning unpumped knight and pridemages, then played blood moon leaving me with a plains and three little werebears, so I played armageddon followed by terravore to teach it how to burn.
Round two 2/0
Got lots of fetches followed by a 6/6 knight and two terravores.

Kakodrillo Burn 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
AI tried to control my board untill 7/7 knights fell back to back followed by a goyf and went for the kill.
Round two 2/0
Got 12 damage done by a turn one black vise, just had to hit it once with my 10/10 terravore for the win.

Thedrigo Wweenie 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Early Balance followed by a goyf and armageddon left the AI blank, and couldn't recover.
Round two 2/0
Kept AI landless and under attack by a 7/7 knight and an 8/8 terravore.

Brandon Redforce (again) 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Two turn one vices put AI two far back in the damage race.
Round two 2/0
Terravore got big just in time to trample over the lavaguys for the win. I was at 4 life when I played armageddon, almost any burn could've killed me then, but AI didn't.

Saibei Stall
Round one 1/0
Armageddoned, balanced and mined AI out of lands the whole game and scratched away its life with Isamaru and a lion.
Round two 2/0
Same as before, kept AI landless, this time the vice dealt the most damage and AI commited suicide by fetchland putting itself at 3 life with a vice active and 7 cards in hand.

Enigma73 +5

I'll finish my testing tomorrow.
Stroggoii

Postby juzamjedi » 24 May 2010, 14:23

I don't have Sower of Temptation unlocked to play Nyktorian's deck. Can someone send me the patch?
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 24 May 2010, 18:44

I have tried playing Salbei's Stall deck and it crashed my computer yet again. This was the 3rd time now. Is it OK for me to run the gauntlet again, but this time avoid playing the Salbei mirror since that's what causes my crashes?

FWIW in the Salbei mirror I figured the best way to beat the AI was to simply deck them 1 card at a time. It works, but like I said it's super slow and inevitably crashes my computer.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 24 May 2010, 19:28

I'll leave it to your own judgement. If you think that it is very likely you would have won if the game hadn't crashed, just count it as a win. If you are in doubt about whether you would have won, just restart the gauntlet. If you already won against some other decks, you can count those.

For instance, a few times I had the game crash, as well. Suppose I'd won 3 matches so far; I'd restart Magic, start a new gauntlet, but in my records keep the 3 matches, and 'game 1' of the new gauntlet would be 'game 4' in my recording. I never tried to guess who would've won a crashed game, unless it was completely obvious, like I had a game or two crash when I was attacking for lethal damage :p
aww1979
Tester

Postby Yggdrasil » 24 May 2010, 22:19

Kakodrilo - 3 wins
1) aww1979 2-1-1 (Match 1 : discard and discard again. A gorilla shaman saved my ass against a first rack, but a nyxathid came after for the finish. Match 2 : gorilla shaman saved me again. It gained enough time for a big slith firewalker. Match 3 : Epic draw ! It was a destructive race between me and AI. I had 1 life left and only a chain lightning in hand. Played it and AI duplicate it. Match 4 : easy win. AI made several mistakes)
2) shantak 2-0 (Match 1 : a 4-turns flawless victory. Match 2 : my gorilla killed 2 moxes and I sacrificed a wasteland for a taiga. AI was manashort.)
3) yggdrasil 2-1 (Match 1 : the perfect hand, a quick win. Match 2 : an army of small vampires overruned me. Match 3 : a fast and furious win.)
4) Nyktorion 0-2 (perhaps the worst deck to play against. Match 1 and match 2 : Elspeth was the key card. But Kitchen finks and Rhox was also very serious threats)

Cognis - 0 win
1) Stroggoi 0-2 (Match 1 : AI's goblins were pumped up by my goblin cards, and Kor firewalkers killed me. Match 2 : again, Kor firewalkers kicked my ass)

jatill - 10 wins
1) enigma73 2-0 (Match 1 : wonderful start, I tinkered a mox for an inkwell leviathan => AI used wrath of god and cleared the board. After that I won with a moat and a sphinx. Match 2 : again, a turn 2 tinker was the key)
2) Yggdrasil 2-0 (Match 1 : there was a bug with the tinker (I sacrificed a mox, but AI re-use the kick ability of a gatekeeper of malakir and nullified the tinker).Match 2 : a moat saved my life)
3) Yggdrasil rematch 2-0 (Match 1 : easy win, AI played awfully. Match 2 : a very long fight. I draw a lot of defensive cards while the AI's army was blocked by a moat)
4) Jatill 2-0 (Match 1 : so loooong ! At the very end, I tutored a cunning wish, then called an archive trap and won when AI had no cards left in the library :D . Match 2 : much better ! A tinkered leviathan on turn 3 won the game)
5) Nyktorion 2-0 (Match 1 : two sphinx were the beaters. Match 2 : AI countered the leviathan, sacrified 2 pridemages in order to destroy my oblivion ring and a control magic. Was a long fight.)
6) kakodrilo 2-0 (2 easy win, AI played poorly.)
7) Nyktorion 2-1 (Match 1 : lost it. 2 sowers of temptation stole my baneslayers. Match 2 : AI had a very good start with Jace the mind sculptor and brainstormed each turn, but after that AI ceased to play. Match 3 : two sphinx did the job.)
8 ) scherbchen 2-0 (Match 1 : turn 1 mystical tutor -> tinker, turn 2 tinkered a mox for a leviathan, game over. Match 2 : 2 big tarmo against 2 sphinx. Time walk was the key.)
9) scherbchen again 2-0 (Match 1 : tinker + leviathan. Match 2 : a moat sealed the game.)
10) salbei 2-0 (Match 1 : AI used balance against an early tinkered leviathan. Won with 2 sphinx. Match 2 : sooo boring ! AI had 4 walls of denial in play, the game was totally deadlocked. Fortunately, at the very end I summoned the leviathan and won with its islandwalk ability)

shantak - 0 win
Jatill 1-2 (Match 1 : almost won, AI had only 1 life ! But it played a baneslayer and I couldn't do anything. The absence of removal in Shantak's deck was very damaging. Match 2 : groundbreaker + blood lust + berserk = one kill strike. Match 3 : epic ! AI played a baneslayer, I topdecked a berserk and used it against the angel which left me only 4 life. Managed to kill 2 sphinx with boosted spark elemental. Used my burning wish to shatterstorming all its artifacts. Pumped up a 18/4 groundbreaker and AI chastised it !! AI played a wall of denial, so I tried an all or nothing tactic : living wish => terra stomper, but AI exiled it and next sent my oath of druids into oblivion. AI finally tinkered an inkwell leviathan and the game was over. Nevertheless, I survived almost 10 turns with 2 life against a 35 life Jatill. ;-))

Yggdrasil - 8 wins
1) Kakodrilo 2-0 (Match 1 : was short of lands, AI almost won. Match 2 : short of lands again ! But AI had a lot of useless cards : magus of the moon, wasteland...)
2) Salbei 2-1 (Match 1 : my little gatekeepers kicked 3 walls of denial ! :D Match 2 : turned into a humiliation for me. AI sworded my nocturnus, took control of 2 demigods and played 2 baneslayers. It was a total domination of the board. Match 3 : Had a good hand and good draw, AI played well but I won the attack-defense game)
3) Brandon 2-0 (easy win each time)
4) Nyktorion 2-0 (Match 1 : very fun to play. 2 vampire nocturnus were the key against an army of tarmo, rhox and little creatures. Match 2 : again, vampire nocturnus was the king of the battlefield)
5) kakodrilo rematch 2-0 (Match 1 : turn 3 Marit Lage. Match 2 : had to mulligan twice, but again, a turn 3 Marit Lage rules the board)
6) aww1979 2-1 (Match 1 : AI started with strip mine, sol ring and a mind twist in hand. The match turned into a killing race and vampire nocturnus raised a flying army. Match 2 : Nyxathid and a empty hand killed me. Match 3 : Nocturnus again.)
7) stroggoi 2-0 (Match 1 : Marit Lage. Match 2 : demigod)
8 ) Aww1979 rematch 2-0 (Match 1 : little vampires army rules ! Match 2 : a big mind twist made me discard 2 demigods. Next turn I draw... a demigod (and I had enough mana to play it :D ))
9) Jatill 0-2 (well... it was a butchery. Match 1 : AI took control of all my creatures. Match 2 : AI removed them from the game and summoned baneslayers and sphinxs. There was nothing to do.)

juzamjedi wrote:I have tried playing Salbei's Stall deck and it crashed my computer yet again. This was the 3rd time now. Is it OK for me to run the gauntlet again, but this time avoid playing the Salbei mirror since that's what causes my crashes?

FWIW in the Salbei mirror I figured the best way to beat the AI was to simply deck them 1 card at a time. It works, but like I said it's super slow and inevitably crashes my computer.
I have exactly the same problem with Salbei mirror match (Salbei, I hate you :D . Your deck is so damn defensive ! Mirror match is just awful, I just loose almost two hours and there was 2 crashes (never saw the end of a round). I believe I'll start another gauntlet.
Yggdrasil

Postby juzamjedi » 25 May 2010, 00:08

Nyktorian goes 9-1

1 vs: Brandon
game 1 T1 Tarmogoyf. I have to wait a few turns and Mana Drain the AI's Blood Moon. I then mise Fact or Fiction into Time Walk. Must? Is.
game 2 2x Qasali Pridemage start. I Ponder into Force of Will, but I never need to use it.

2 vs: Juzamjedi
game 1 opening 7 is a little weak; 2x Goys with no green sources. I draw Misty Rainforest + Ancestral Recall. AI tries to Wrath, but I have FoW and win.
game 2 double Kitchen Finks from AI and he wastes Wrath to 2 for 1 himself. AI's 2nd Wrath is a 2 for 2. I Sower a fully leveled Figure of Destiny and win.

3 vs: Cognis
game 1 T1 Noble Heirarch. T2 Rhox War Monk. T3 Qasali Pridemage, GG.
game 2 Opening hand has 3x Kitchen Finks! Low on mana sources, but I have to keep that. AI wastes 2x Damnation. AI drops a Blood Moon which is a little scary, but I have Forest + Noble Hierarch. Patriarch's Bidding and I return 3x Tarmogoyf and win LOL

4 vs: Shantak
game 1 Opening hand has counter magic for Oath. I Ponder for Rhox War Monk, GG.
game 2 Opening hand has Mana Drain and Qasali Pridemage, GG.

5 vs: Juzamjedi
game 1 T1 Noble Hierarch. T2 Time Walk + Ponder for Mana Drain. T3 Elspeth.
game 2 Stall until AI has leveled up a Figure of Destiny. AI Path's the Sower and then plays Worship! I trick AI into trading with me and kill all his creatures to win.

6 vs: Aww1979
game 1 T1 Noble Hierarch. I then Force of Will Cao Cao. T2 Rhox War Monk. AI plays The Rack but I flip pancakes and win.
game 2 AI gets T1 Blightning, but nothing else before I play Jace the Mind Sculptor, Brainstorm a ton and win.

7 vs: Cognis
game 1 Flooded Strand + Ancestral Recall. Do the other 5 cards matter? :P I win.
game 2 I Fact or Fiction and AI offers a pile of Jace + Qasali Pridemage + Rhox War Monk. Ummmmm okaaaaaay

8 vs: Enigma73
game 1 I mull a 1 land hand. My 6 card hand is Forest + Mox Emerald, but it has Tarmogoyf + Fact or Fiction too. I lose before drawing any more lands.
game 2 I mull a 0 land hand and keep a 4-land hand. I trade / kill his early drops and win by clogging the ground and flying over with Sower of Temptation.
game 3 Finally a good opening hand. I allow AI to play 3 early Black Vise which gets scary, but he doesn't have enough creatures to battle me.

9 vs: Shantak
game 1 I mull to 6. I Swords his Ball Lightning, Mana Drain the Lightning Bolt aimed at Tarmogoyf, and trade his Forcemage with my Kitchen Finks. Win.
game 2 No Oath, not close.

10 vs: Yggdrasil
game 1 I have Ancestral Recall opening hand and win.
game 2 AI has T1 Marit Lage. My opening hand can beat anything but this (I can play Jace T3) and I lose.
game 3 I mull to 6. It's a 1 land hand, but it has Swords to Plowshares. It gets hairy 3-40 at one point. I battle back with Jace, but I cannot find life gain and lose to the second Demigod of Revenge from Yggdrasil.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Stroggoii » 25 May 2010, 01:23

Cognis BR Aggro VS

Shantak Tramp 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Sharpshooter killed the breakers and the lightnings, allowing me to mountainwalk over AI.
Round two 2/0
Almost got trampled, but Blood Moon ruined his manabase long enough for me to win.

Stroggoii Swift 0/2 LOSE
Round one 0/1
Firewalker, period.
Round two 0/2
Pro-red, managed to damnate one firewalker only for another one to fall on my face next turn.

Cognis +1
Stroggoii +5

Brandon Redforce VS

Salbei Stall 2/1 WIN
Round one 0/1
Turn two Baneslayer.
Round two 1/1
Ruined AI's manabase early and kept burning.
Round three 2/1
Viced a lot of damage in and disintegrated the two baneslayers that came into play, the AI kept 7 cards in hand consistently untill the vice killed it.

Nyktorion Bant 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Completely ruined AI's manabase and preyed on a solitary war monk for a second rite win.
Round two 2/0
Mulliganed for blood moon and did it again.

Shantak Tramp. 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
First time I've ever played Ryusei, he'd be so awesome with the new Sarkhan.
Round two 2/0
Pretty straightforward burn match.

Enigma72 Tarmogeddon 2/0 WIN
Round one 1/0
Bolted, spiked and incinerated AI to 10 life and played second rite when I was at 2 life and facing goyf and the knight.
Round two 2/0
Spiked and axed to death, AI had only two mountains (thanks to blood moon) a rack and a bear in play.

Stroggoii Swift (fcking worst matchup) 1/2 LOSE
Round one 1/0
Holy cow, totally avoided firewalkers and to tell the truth, the rest of the creatures aren't that hot.
Round two 1/1
Firewalker, I had AI at 6 and it managed to get better and beat me.
Roun three 1/2
Turn one and turn two firewalkers.

Brandon +4
Stroggoii +5

Salbei Stall VS

Scherbchen Tiny Angr.
Round one 0/1
Got totally and completely manascrewed, started with two lands and a mox in hand and saw no more in the whole game.
Round two 0/2
Game crashed when I was way out of wincon, the game lasted for more than 40 minutes, removed baneslayers, controlled FoD who got removed by the oponent, weenies kept crashing against my walls, eventualy AI got back the Baneslayer I had killed with the one final form FoD I stole wich had survived enough to do something, then played the kavu, Two Fiery Justice and a swords in the aforementioned FoD for a Baneslayer and a 20/20 trampling kavu wich would have brutaly murdered me next turn until the game crashed.
Couldn't have won this one, I had one wall of denial and had already wasted control magic, all paths, all swords, balance and the blue dragon.

Scherbchen +5

And with that I complete the gauntlet with all decks. It was pretty fun to play so many decks even if some matchups were really, really tedious, and some others were vastly unfair; there are five heavy red decks in the list and most of my points come from the awful matchup they have against firewalker, pro-red and lifegain are the banes of RDW, and this card has both.
Stroggoii

Postby aww1979 » 25 May 2010, 09:37

Stroggoii wrote:My first results are in

Aww1979 BR Discard vs:

This post, your first, on page 9, has me a bit confused, as I think you were testing single duels instead of gauntlets for these two decks. Could you explain just what you meant in this post?

Anyway, it's probably in that post somewhere, but I have no recorded scores for aww1979 (because I couldn't understand the quoted post) and shantak (because I couldn't find it), so could you let me know what their scores were and who beat them, if anybody? The scores I have for your testing are:

enigma73 - 5 pts (5 gauntlet) beat 5 match gauntlet
stroggoi - 25 pts (5 gauntlet + 4 AI wins) beat 5 match gauntlet
salbei - 0 pts (0 gauntlet) - loses to scherbchen
nyktorion - 3 pts - loses to scherbchen
scherbchen - 13 pts (3 gauntlet + 2 AI wins) - loses to jatill
jatill - 13 pts (3 gauntlet + 2 AI wins) - loses to stroggoi
yggdrasil - 10 pts (5 gauntlet + 1 AI win) beat 5 match gauntlet
kakodrilo - 0 pts (0 gauntlet) loses to stroggoi
cognis - 1 pt loses to stroggoi
juzamjedi - 0 pts (0 gauntlet) loses to yggdrasil
thedrigo - 0 pts (0 gauntlet) loses to jatill
aww1979 - no record of this
shantak - no record of this
brandon - 4 pts loses to stroggoi

Let me know if your scores disagree with these.
aww1979
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 25 May 2010, 15:49

Salbei goes 10-0

1 vs: Shantak
game 1 Oath is late to the party and double Baneslayer Angels take it down
game 2 T1 Baneslayer Angel

2 vs: thedrigo
game 1 AI gets pump effects, but I have enough removal / walls to stop him.
game 2 Early removal trade and it's 2x Mulldrifters racing Soltari Priest and I win.

3 vs: Brandon
game 1 Shatterstorm crushes my Sol Ring and Tawnos Coffin. Wall of Reverence comes online and it's game over.
game 2 AI 1 land which I Strip Mine. Discards multiple spells, not close.

4 vs: Enigma73
game 1 I have 2x mox early so Black Vise does nothing. AI is short on lands. I slow play it so I don't get blown out by Wrath or Armageddon and win.
game 2 AI plays double black Vise T1; I have Sol Ring and Mox Emerald and Baneslayer opening hand. Sometimes you just run good.

5 vs: juzamjedi
game 1 I build up a superior board position. AI plays removal (and Wrath of God), but my card drawing has me sitting on a boatload of removal. I win the game with 3x Swords to Plowshares and 2x Path to Exile.
game 2 My opening hand is 1 land, but it also has Balance. I keep and am rewarded by killing 3x Figure of Destiny on turn 3. Might have been closer if AI would actually play Skullclamp.

6 vs: juzamjedi
game 1 AI sends my guys farming. Again Skullclamp, but AI doesn't play. I win the battle over Baneslayers in a long game.
game 2 I play around Wrath of God, draw a lot more cards than AI and I win.

7 vs: kakodrilo
game 1 I mulligan to 6. I play wall, go for a while. AI hardcast's Fireblast. Later the AI decides it's a cruel world and discards Mox Ruby, Incinerate, and Chain Lightning for 3 turns in a row.
game 2 I am land flooded, but keep. Magus of the Moon does nothing because of all my basic lands and I win.

8 vs: Mirror -> refuse to play
8b vs: Brandon
game 1 T2 Wall of Reverence, GG.
game 2 Wall, go. Control Magic on Ryusei and win.

9 vs: enigma73
game 1 AI leads with 2x Black Vise on the draw. T3 Baneslayer Angel and I win.
game 2 Wall, go. AI mind twists me with Balance. I eventually draw my Baneslayers and win.

10 vs: Yggdrasil
game 1 T1 Ancestral Recall. Control Magic on Marit Lage. With Wall of Reverence in play. Ummmm okkaaaaaaayyyy
game 2 T2 AI is mana screwed with 1 land and I win easily.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 25 May 2010, 15:52

Here are my results and spreadsheet is attached. Jatill kicked my butt :shock:

Deck: Player Total Points:
Zookiller jatill 25
Swift stroggoi 15
TinyAngryMen scherbchen 15
Bant nyktorian 14
Tarmogeddon enigma73 12
Monowhite JuzamJedi 10
Stall Salbei 10
Wweenie thedrigo 8
Tramp shantak 6
Vampire Yggdrasil 5
BR discard aww1979 2
BR Aggro Cognis 1
Burn Kakodrilo 0
Redforce Brandon 0
Attachments
scoresgeneral.zip
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 25 May 2010, 16:44

juzamjedi wrote:Jatill's deck absolutely crushed in my games tonight. I went 10-0 with his deck in the gauntlet I ran. While running his deck the Library of Alexandria was phenomenal. Most of the games weren't very close. Some of the memorable highlights: Brandon's deck used Shatterstorm to kill my Inkwell Leviathan. Against Strogoii's deck I went T1 Baneslayer followed by T2 Sphinx. Aww1979 managed to get a T1 Cao Cao Lord of Wei which was did not end well for me.

I ran my own deck and went 5-1 losing to Nyktorian. I was surprised to see the AI countered the correct spells; most of the testing I did previously the AI was terrible with this. Or maybe he just countered all my early plays. Clamp was awesome as usual.

I also played thedrigo's white weenie list. I went 3-1 losing to Jatill. Worship was awesome in round 2 versus Brandon and saved my butt from Hidetsugu's Second Rite. In the deciding game against Jatill I could have raced the T2 Baneslayer, but I couldn't race the follow up T3 Inkwell Leviathan.

Jatill your deck is ridiculous.
You posted this on the bottom of page 9. It says juzamjedi lost to nyktorion in round 6. However, your scoresheet says juzamjedi lost to jatill in round 6. Could you let me know which is correct? Based on the quoted post, it sounds like nyktorion is, but please doublecheck.

The rest of your scoresheet matches.
aww1979
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments